Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2015, 08:39 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,173,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Not necessarily.

For example, a Christian/Muslim marriage. Man walks in looking typical with a cross necklace on, hand in hand with a women wearing a hijab. To the observant person, it's very clear these two are not of the same religion. Would a Christian baker refuse this? I'm inclined to say, probably not. Maybe this situation has never happened, but if it were to happen, I doubt there'd be a problem.

But I've been wrong before. Maybe I'm giving bakers too much credit.

Again, there is a difference. Interfaith religion is often not obvious. Every Muslim woman does not wear hijab and neither does every Christian wear a cross. Homosexuality is clear when the two people walk in the store.

I have no idea what every Christian baker would do, but it would not surprise me if he or she did refuse.

Old 04-08-2015, 08:46 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,173,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Perhaps this would be a better example of what the New Testaments says about marriage, divorce and remarriage...

Now to the unmarried and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I do. But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion.
To the married I give this command (not I, but the Lord): A wife must not separate from her husband. But if she does, she must remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband. And a husband must not divorce his wife. To the rest I say this (I, not the Lord): If any brother has a wife who is not a believer and she is willing to live with him, he must not divorce her. And if a woman has a husband who is not a believer and he is willing to live with her, she must not divorce him. For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy. But if the unbeliever leaves, let it be so. The brother or the sister is not bound in such circumstances; God has called us to live in peace.

1 Corinthians 7:8-15

As for the second verse, it is the answer to a question about Jewish law. Everyone in the conversation was a Jew living under Jewish law. Christians are not bound by Jewish law. If they were, they would have their boys circumcised and refuse to eat pork.
I am a Christian, and do not eat pork because the dietary laws forbid it. The distinction between clean and unclean existed before the Jews/Israel, even from the days of Noah.

In my belief, the only laws not applicable to Christians are sacrificial/ceremonial due to Christ sacrificing His life for us and the Israeli civil laws to govern their relations at the time.

2 Timothy 3:16-17

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: that the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works

Old 04-08-2015, 11:11 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Bc they are FOS.

Let's not mince words.

Everyone knows it's just a ruse. To cover their bigotry.
If they were serious about their religion, they wouldn't serve 90% of the population.
No, its not a ruse, it is more so they seeing a sin they believe they would never commit themselves.

It is easier to case a stone, when you havent performed that specific sin.

Old 04-08-2015, 11:18 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,671,761 times
It's a hate thing.

Old 04-09-2015, 08:05 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,378,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VJDAY81445 View Post
My religion ( and myself) don't believe inter- racial marriage is a sin.
Who said anything about interacial marraige? I think you're in the wrong thread.

Old 04-09-2015, 08:41 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,378,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
As for being unequally yoked, that is advice from Paul, not a commandment. You have to take the passage in the context of the entire letter.
I'm sure you are quite aware that many Christians take all of Pauls statements as commandments inspired through God. Paul's call against premarital sex ("better to marry than to burn") comes off as advice when reading the whole letter, but many Christians treat it as a direct commandment from God.

Old 04-09-2015, 09:28 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
Perhaps because they choice to.

Old 04-09-2015, 09:52 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surftown831 View Post
I'm sure you are quite aware that many Christians take all of Pauls statements as commandments inspired through God. Paul's call against premarital sex ("better to marry than to burn") comes off as advice when reading the whole letter, but many Christians treat it as a direct commandment from God.
No they don't, and if they do they are blind stupid....sorry.

Old 04-09-2015, 10:27 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
Let me guess this is a gay supporter trying to make a political point on something that is not a political beliefs as always.I have no problem people stating their opinion as long as its clear and they allow me to state mine.Kind of a your wrong to judge but I will judge you.

Old 04-09-2015, 10:42 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Let me guess this is a gay supporter trying to make a political point on something that is not a political beliefs as always.I have no problem people stating their opinion as long as its clear and they allow me to state mine.Kind of a your wrong to judge but I will judge you.
Gay supporters are all about equal rights similar to women's and african american rights. I am sick and tired of men deciding who is equal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies