Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 07:28 PM

8,484 posts, read 6,891,592 times

Advertisements

We have freedom of speech and a separation of church and state in this country. Are Christians so insecure in their own faith that even mild criticism offends them. The religious majority in this country doesn't dictate what elected officials say or don't say. This is what goes on in places like Iraq, Iran and Saudi Arabia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2015, 08:01 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I think Obama clearly gets off on pissing off Christians. He would never criticize Muslims for slaughtering people, raping 9 year olds, chopping thousands of heads off, etc.
I have seriously wondered why he has made comments to Christians, when it's Christians who voted him in.

Yet, he ignores people being placed on fire and children buried alive......you make some good, but sad points!

Old 04-10-2015, 08:24 PM

52,688 posts, read 47,955,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Obama never disappoints the Left and his Muslim base when given a podium. Speaking to a group of the faithful during the Easter prayer breakfast at the White House, Obumma couldn't resist deviating from his notes and insulted the audience as they sat in the East Room.
You have to wonder how anyone could continue to support this clown.

Obama criticizes 'less-than-loving' Christians - Washington Times
He should never, ever again be invited to another prayer breakfast.

Ever.

Old 04-10-2015, 08:25 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
We have freedom of speech and a separation of church and state in this country. Are Christians so insecure in their own faith that even mild criticism offends them. The religious majority in this country doesn't dictate what elected officials say or don't say. This is what goes on in places like Iraq, Iran and Saudi Arabia.
Not serving cake to some is offensive, offensive enough to close a business and make death threats over a fake story......is this how Americans act?

Yet that fake story was played out to be a real scenario.......seems separation of church and state only applies to Christians and freedom of speech is only if you have said the correct phrase.

You do know Reid, Pelosi, Feinstien, Obama and Biden are part of the religious problem, you talk about?

Old 04-10-2015, 08:37 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,572,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
I think the POTUS should be required to forgo any of mention of his religious faith while performing his official duties for as long as he is in office. Same for every other elected official in this country. The US is a secular country and religion should play NO PART in how it is governed.

So you want him to become an Atheist as long as he is President? Of course the Haters would not use this at all, right?

Seems to me, they are the ones that use Religion 24-7 to bash him with. There is nothing left in any Religion they have not bashed him with. Come to think of it, I have not seen him say a whole lot about Religion at all. Its always the extreme Fundamental Conservative Kool AId drinkers that keep bringing it up.

Old 04-10-2015, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I have seriously wondered why he has made comments to Christians, when it's Christians who voted him in.

Yet, he ignores people being placed on fire and children buried alive......you make some good, but sad points!

I have wondered why some people that call themselves Christians, have to make comments on his Religion, when its not those particular Christians that voted him into office. Those folks where good Christians who live by what they believe, not the Haters who use and warp Religion like ISIS does.

These folks distort Religion, and want to claim that all Christians are like them, when in fact, they are not a part of that Cult. That's what I wonder about.

Old 04-10-2015, 08:56 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Christmas IS about gifts, trees and parties though.

You know it...I know it. Everyone knows it.

Birth of Christ? Hardly mentioned.
You are right.. it is the sign of the times.. Of course there were many programs on tv about the death and resurrection of Christ this past Easter.. one has to look for the meaning of Christmas as it is no longer prominent today. Many so called Christians have become more material than spiritual about Christmas.. they put the traditions of men before the actual meaning of Christmas... many still believe to keep Christ in Christmas.

Old 04-10-2015, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
.......seems separation of church and state only applies to Christians and freedom of speech is only if you have said the correct phrase.

You do know Reid, Pelosi, Feinstien, Obama and Biden are part of the religious problem, you talk about?
Applies mostly to your idea of what Christians are because your the only folks that keep dragging Religion across the floor and wielding it as clubs. You don't know anything about "Separation" of Religion and State at all. Its all the same thing to you. If you doubt it, go back and count how many times your Cult has dragged "Religion" into Politics and Government. Its pretty sad when a certain group is so desperate, they try to use their twisted version of Religion as a pry bar, to destroy Discrimination Laws and Equality for all People. I can see why normal Christians stay away from you.

No, its not those Folks who are "The Religious Problem." Its The Extreme Christian Fundamentalists Cult you folks are part of. The Mid East has ISIS, and we have you Guys....

Old 04-10-2015, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
You are right.. it is the sign of the times.. Of course there were many programs on tv about the death and resurrection of Christ this past Easter.. one has to look for the meaning of Christmas as it is no longer prominent today. Many so called Christians have become more material than spiritual about Christmas.. they put the traditions of men before the actual meaning of Christmas... many still believe to keep Christ in Christmas.
The problem is that Business has polluted Christmas. Get away from the Commercial Districts, and you still see Individuals that Celebrate Christmas for the Birth of Christ. Even as an Agnostic, I can see and feel the togetherness these folks feel, and there is no hate or bad thoughts against anyone.

Old 04-10-2015, 09:09 PM

1,160 posts, read 713,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Are Christians so insecure in their own faith that even mild criticism offends them.
I think when you make a deliberate attempt not to offend another religious group based on the actions of a few and then make the implication Christianity has something to do with the actions of a few....it screams of a double standard.

I'm agnostic so his words do not really offend me but it does make me question why he would take deliberate steps not to offend or criticize the few Muslims who resort to violence but has no problem letting a line slip about Christians on an important Christian holiday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies