Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2015, 11:30 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,039,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I'm surprised that and actual viable GOP Candidate(Bush) would attend the "Buy More Guns" convention.
News Flash Bob, the majority of people in the US support gun rights. That number has been growing, it's not receding.

Growing Public Support for Gun Rights | Pew Research Center for the People and the Press
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2015, 01:29 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,893,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I'm surprised that and actual viable GOP Candidate(Bush) would attend the "Buy More Guns" convention.
Why wouldn't he attend? That's where the trend is going, as the poster above me has linked to. More Americans believe the right to gun ownership needs protecting rather than restricting. The percentage of people who believe that a gun actually makes a home safer is up in every single demographic, save for Liberal Democrats.

That's the reality Bob, accept it.

Old 04-11-2015, 01:54 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,893,585 times
Not to mention that NRA members are a fiercly motivated voter base, and they're largely single issue. A candidate can be right on every single other issue, but if they don't have the right ideas on the gun issue, the membership will vote against them for no other reason than that.

Old 04-11-2015, 02:34 PM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times
What happened to the OP and the other lefties/anti gunners?

Old 04-11-2015, 05:42 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,692,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
What happened to the OP and the other lefties/anti gunners?
Buncha squib loads.

Old 04-11-2015, 05:52 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,371,715 times
Isn't it "Gun Week" somewhere in America always? Only reason NRA's name is tagged to it is because Presidential candidates are in the Media limelight...

Why wouldn't NRA do this?? They want to stir pot of fears surrounding Government is going to take away your guns..Something they have been doing for 40 years + I'd like to hear or read just one anecdote where anyone had to guns taken away without just cause? I know..Crickets...ENjoy the fear mongering of Gun Rights believers..SMH....

Blocking any and all possibility to regulate..means those mentally impaired get them..and act out with them casting dark shadow on those folk who are responsible..Knee jerk by NRA always jumps on bandwagon..They're coming to take away your guns ..

Old 04-11-2015, 07:47 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,084,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
Isn't it "Gun Week" somewhere in America always? Only reason NRA's name is tagged to it is because Presidential candidates are in the Media limelight...

Why wouldn't NRA do this?? They want to stir pot of fears surrounding Government is going to take away your guns..Something they have been doing for 40 years + I'd like to hear or read just one anecdote where anyone had to guns taken away without just cause? I know..Crickets...ENjoy the fear mongering of Gun Rights believers..SMH....

Blocking any and all possibility to regulate..means those mentally impaired get them..and act out with them casting dark shadow on those folk who are responsible..Knee jerk by NRA always jumps on bandwagon..They're coming to take away your guns ..
The NRA convention is an annual event. The date and location is planned and announced at least a year in advance. So you are incorrect.
The planned date for 2016 is in May in Louisville Ky.

Old 04-11-2015, 08:30 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,290,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Well if you are going to ban squirt guns then you need to ban all guns near schools.

Why are guns banned in the state legislature but not near schools, aren't schools more important same for parks and concerts
Children deserve the protection afforded from those practicing their second amendments rights. Politicians do not.

Old 04-12-2015, 06:49 AM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post

Here is a cricket for ya....my oh my, how short are anti gunners memories....

I know, I know.....you'll say there was just cause....

If there was, why did they give them back....

Quote:
City officials have agreed to return hundreds of firearms that police officers confiscated in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, part of a deal to resolve a lawsuit filed by gun lobbying groups.

Old 04-12-2015, 10:04 AM

59,017 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Not to mention that NRA members are a fiercly motivated voter base, and they're largely single issue. A candidate can be right on every single other issue, but if they don't have the right ideas on the gun issue, the membership will vote against them for no other reason than that.
Many people are single issue voters.

Blacks, gays, feminists, environmentalists, etc.

To deny it is denying reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies