Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2015, 10:18 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,872,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Read the bottom of the graphic.

Gives you both.

If you want even more updated stats, google is your friend.
Can't find the link in the OECD website, so have no idea what year this is for. Seeing you presented it, it might be kind to provide a link rather then give the standard flippant Google answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2015, 10:41 AM

29,816 posts, read 18,675,159 times
USA split the atom, went to the moon, won the World War, rebuilt the world, worlds's top economy, owns the Inforrmation Age (Apple, Microsoft, Google, Facebook), the worlds' top music and video industry. Norwegians followed their sheep to a cold land and figured out how to put a hole in the ground and suck oil out. I just don'e know which is more exceptional....must be Norway.

Old 04-10-2015, 10:46 AM

17,290 posts, read 29,298,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Can't find the link in the OECD website, so have no idea what year this is for. Seeing you presented it, it might be kind to provide a link rather then give the standard flippant Google answer.

The graphic is from the site: protothemanews.com | Protothema.gr news in english

Lots more info (from 2014) here: http://www.statista.com/statistics/2...-eu-countries/

Oh, and here you go:

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...mployment+rate

Lots of other pretty graphs to peruse as well.

Old 04-10-2015, 11:17 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,864,925 times
The United States should pull all of its military personnel out of Europe and make them pay for their own defense. Then let's see how they rank.

Old 04-10-2015, 12:17 PM

29,816 posts, read 18,675,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
The United States should pull all of its military personnel out of Europe and make them pay for their own defense. Then let's see how they rank.
They're just going to start another World War when we pull out...oh well.

Old 04-10-2015, 12:18 PM

17,290 posts, read 29,298,528 times
Quote:
Let's not ALSO forget that for a few hundred years, up until WW2 essentially, Europe used the United States as its dumping ground for the hordes of impoverished that Europe could not take care of, find work for or provide for.

It wasn't until the brilliance of European squabbles killed tens of millions of European population that finally the need to emigrate for opportunity to the US ended.

One imagines how those countries would have fared how the United States not been there to accept Europe's refuse for all that time.

Old 04-10-2015, 02:51 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,265,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Are you one of those that attack the news media an article appearers in rather than the facts contained therein?
I attack organizations that do "studies" or "indexes" that oddly line up directly with said organizations set of beliefs.

I know you think it is a coincidence.

Old 04-10-2015, 05:11 PM

309 posts, read 256,591 times
Quote:
The largest American force outside of the US is stationed in my country. 40 thousand people - that is more than in Iraq, Afghanistan or any other place the US waged war in recently. I would be mighty glad if they all went home tomorrow... but I guess the supreme command in Washington is still way too scared of us. That or... do they take their information about Europe from Stephen Spielberg movies?

Old 04-10-2015, 05:36 PM

38,967 posts, read 27,350,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiegendesLicht View Post
The largest American force outside of the US is stationed in my country. 40 thousand people - that is more than in Iraq, Afghanistan or any other place the US waged war in recently. I would be mighty glad if they all went home tomorrow... but I guess the supreme command in Washington is still way too scared of us. That or... do they take their information about Europe from Stephen Spielberg movies?
and which country is that? Japan hosts some 50,000 American soldiers and officers, particularly in Okinawa. Japan has more American force outside of the US than "your country", obviously.

Old 04-10-2015, 05:46 PM

309 posts, read 256,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
and which country is that? Japan hosts some 50,000 American soldiers and officers, particularly in Okinawa. Japan has more American force outside of the US than "your country", obviously.
The one between the Alps in the south and the North Sea in the north, the one that gets maligned by the likes of Stephen Spielberg and his colleagues in Hollywood each year - and the most beautiful one of all

However you are right about Japan - it has somewhat more. I guess old fears do not die easily in America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies