Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 01:01 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,151,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Yeah, end discrimination now!

Transgenders have proven that there is no difference between males and females.

People need to quit pretending that there is.

Then you better just be quiet when that 35 year old man follows your 12 year old daughter into the bathroom at WalMart.

Old 04-09-2015, 01:03 PM

2,142 posts, read 1,892,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
And here I thought talking about cakes would be the stupidest thing I'd see on the forum this week.

I was wrong.

Gender neutral bathrooms aren't new. And frankly, where else are transgendered people going to go? There really isn't an easy solution and since I'm not a compete psychopath, I feel that they should be able to use a restroom when in public.

Frankly, I'm sort of surprised the White House didn't already have a gender neutral bathroom.
Trans people should naturally go to the bathroom that they are geared for. If you have a penis you go to the men's room, if you do not you go to the women's room. It is not rocket science.

Old 04-09-2015, 01:04 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,398,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
Then you better just be quiet when that 35 year old man follows your 12 year old daughter into the bathroom at WalMart.
Right! Transgenders should be limited to following your 12 year old son into the bathroom at Walmart.

Old 04-09-2015, 01:06 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,069,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
Trans people should naturally go to the bathroom that they are geared for. If you have a penis you go to the men's room, if you do not you go to the women's room. It is not rocket science.
But what about in cases when a person appears to be a woman, but has a penis? Then what?

I mean, I genuinely do not care where people use the restroom. But some people get really uptight about it and it bothers a lot of people. A gender neutral restroom is the easy solution to a problem that is really not a big deal.

Old 04-09-2015, 01:09 PM

37,048 posts, read 41,988,658 times
So, a family bathroom? That's swell. Also called ADA accessible bathrooms. Anyone of any sex can use them. I guess the new label is the news?

Old 04-09-2015, 01:09 PM

2,142 posts, read 1,892,928 times
Quote:
But what about in cases when a person appears to be a woman, but has a penis? Then what?

I mean, I genuinely do not care where people use the restroom. But some people get really uptight about it and it bothers a lot of people. A gender neutral restroom is the easy solution to a problem that is really not a big deal.
she breaks the rules and no one is the wiser

Old 04-09-2015, 01:11 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,151,232 times
Quote:

If you have a penis, then you have already seen a penis. There is no reason why a girl should even know what one looks like until she is ready to have sex.

This is not the same as a nightclub where the women will jump in the men's line because it is shorter. Adults can deal with it.

Old 04-09-2015, 02:54 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,125,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Why am I supposed to be upset about the restroom situation at the White House?

Why is it a bad thing to have a restroom for people who would prefer not to use one of the gender-specific ones?
I doubt you've ever actually known any transgender people. Gender is a lot less black and white than people like to think, even ignoring how people choose to express themselves.
Yes it is black and white. Got a dangler, male; don't have one female. Very easy. Those confused should seek mental help.

Old 04-09-2015, 02:58 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,125,996 times
Quote:

Go to the appropriate bathroom with whatever associated execratory equipment you have.

Much ado about nothing. Confused people should just hold it until they get to their place of abode.

Old 04-09-2015, 03:05 PM

30,148 posts, read 23,535,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
If you have a penis, then you have already seen a penis. There is no reason why a girl should even know what one looks like until she is ready to have sex.

This is not the same as a nightclub where the women will jump in the men's line because it is shorter. Adults can deal with it.
I used to do that all the time, but your point is valid: adults can deal with it, little girls should not have to see some guy's junk just because he is confused.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies