Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Obama making America "cool" again?
yes 9 21.95%
absolutely 4 9.76%
I dont understand the question. 28 68.29%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 10:18 PM

7,487 posts, read 5,741,875 times

Advertisements

I think you should change cool to fool.

Old 04-09-2015, 10:32 PM

103 posts, read 159,450 times
I always breathe a sigh of relief when I watch Obama give an interview on one of the major networks. He is definitely cool, but more importantly, he is smart, thoughtful, and genuine.
[MOD CUT/off topic]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 04-11-2015 at 11:01 AM..

Old 04-09-2015, 10:40 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,931,169 times
Op, Was that a typo? Did you mean a TOOL instead of Cool??

Old 04-09-2015, 10:44 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,645,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zizu View Post
I always breathe a sigh of relief when I watch Obama give an interview on one of the major networks. He is definitely cool, but more importantly, he is smart, thoughtful, and genuine.
Obama is weak - weaklings are not cool.
Obama is a liar - liars aren't cool.
Obama is arrogant - arrogance is not cool.
Obama is ignorant - ignorance is not cool.

So you and the OP need to put down your pipes already cause Obama is definitely not cool.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 04-11-2015 at 11:02 AM.. Reason: edited quoted post

Old 04-09-2015, 11:02 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,886,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zizu View Post

Obama is cool for what reason? For the fact he is the first person of color - not an African American - to be elected POTUS? He is anything but "smart, thoughtful and genuine". He cares as much as does Honey Badger.
When ever he gives a speech, be it 1.5 hours of 5 minutes, he reads from prompter. He answers cherry picked questions at press conferences in the same manner. His answers almost always wind around to blaming republicans in congress for doing their jobs and holding to the idea of "checks and balances". His witty speech writers baffle him mid-speech and it is fun to watch him bumble along.

Obama likely doesn't attend staff meetings so has no idea of how to stammer on about wars and the economy while touching base with everything else in the world. His personal feelings and thoughts are hidden behind the words he reads from a screen. He sold his soul.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 04-11-2015 at 11:02 AM.. Reason: edited quoted post

Old 04-10-2015, 02:31 AM

6,977 posts, read 5,702,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
You and I must be traveling to different places in the world. In 40 years I've never heard such negative rhetoric and disrespect for our country until recently, except maybe when W was president. My experience is people in the rest of the world dislike America and Obama now more than they ever disliked Bush.
Its all jealousy, no?

Old 04-10-2015, 06:32 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,723,780 times
As previously noted, the most accurate answer wasn't included as a possible response.......

NO

Old 04-10-2015, 08:13 AM

309 posts, read 257,886 times
No, he is making America scarier than ever before.

Old 04-11-2015, 06:01 AM

58,923 posts, read 27,247,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky4life View Post
As someone thats traveled quite a bit Ive noticed that Im more accepted in rad places like amstradam or tailand these days. Ive come to the conclusion that are current president is responsible for these awesome places accepting americans as there equals due to obama making america cool again. Ive had tons of people come up to me and ask what I think of the president and Im always like " he's a super cool dude." I find that if I say this people in these cool places seem to treet me better. it's almost like Ive demonstrated that Im cool enough to kick it with them.

Has anyone else noticed this phenomemon two?
First YOU have to give us YOUR definition of "cool"

Old 04-11-2015, 06:20 AM

30,320 posts, read 19,107,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky4life View Post
As someone thats traveled quite a bit Ive noticed that Im more accepted in rad places like amstradam or tailand these days. Ive come to the conclusion that are current president is responsible for these awesome places accepting americans as there equals due to obama making america cool again. Ive had tons of people come up to me and ask what I think of the president and Im always like " he's a super cool dude." I find that if I say this people in these cool places seem to treet me better. it's almost like Ive demonstrated that Im cool enough to kick it with them.

Has anyone else noticed this phenomemon two?
Bush made some terrible choices especially by attacking Iraq which had nothing to do with 911. Then we left troops there for too long and wasted American lives and treasure. That sequence of events caused a general distrust and unpleasant view of America among many around the world. Having said the above, I think you do have the right and duty to defend yourself even if the world disagrees such is the case with Israel...so they may never be 'cool' in the eyes of the world. So I don't think being 'cool' shoudl be the objective. But we went too far and are paying the price for that big mistake.

As far as Obama, I think he has gotten a better perception around the world both for saying he was pulling the troops out (though he really hasn't done anything he said he would do) and he hasn't gotten us involved in anymore wars. I've worked in other countries most of the last 12 years and most foreigners seem to have a favorable view of Obama though others consider him a fool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.