Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 02:29 PM

3,749 posts, read 4,966,204 times

Advertisements

I'm very much against bullying being a victim of it myself, but honestly, nobody is perfect. I think nearly everybody has been the bully at some point in some way. Maybe not physically, but even not sticking up for anyone when they ought have to.

I dislike the anti-bullying movement because it's faddish and promotes retribution and shaming of children who are bullies. While a small minority of bully children grow up to be sociopaths and criminals, the vast majority of them turn out to merely be losers or even grow up into mature and caring people. I wouldn't be surprised if anti-bullying groups are funded by the prison industry as a way to obtain slaves from another demographic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2015, 02:33 PM

15,632 posts, read 10,388,492 times
Is it? What are your facts that kids are being jailed? Please provide supporting data to back up your claim.

Old 04-09-2015, 02:34 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valsteele View Post
I'm very much against bullying being a victim of it myself, but honestly, nobody is perfect. I think nearly everybody has been the bully at some point in some way. Maybe not physically, but even not sticking up for anyone when they ought have to.

I dislike the anti-bullying movement because it's faddish and promotes retribution and shaming of children who are bullies. While a small minority of bully children grow up to be sociopaths and criminals, the vast majority of them turn out to merely be losers or even grow up into mature and caring people. I wouldn't be surprised if anti-bullying groups are funded by the prison industry as a way to obtain slaves from another demographic.
Oh the horror that children might experience some shame over bullying someone.

Yes Im sure that the anti-bullying campaigns are somehow related to slaves from a demographic.

Old 04-09-2015, 02:40 PM

2,137 posts, read 1,902,336 times
Quote:

I guess I'll give you credit for honesty, even though I think your position is despicable. I imagine you apply this philosophy all through the bullies life, to when he is holding up people on the streets and faced with prison or 'a second/third/fourth chance'.

Old 04-09-2015, 02:42 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,442,558 times
If a kid is being jailed, it has gone WAY past bulling, and they probably should be in jail!

Old 04-09-2015, 02:43 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,303,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Oh the horror that children might experience some shame over bullying someone.

Yes Im sure that the anti-bullying campaigns are somehow related to slaves from a demographic.
There is nothing wrong with a little shame, especially if someone is at fault. People should have guilty consciences for doing something wrong. We should own up to our actions, actions have consequences, and bad actions should have bad consequences.

Old 04-09-2015, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by froglipz View Post
If a kid is being jailed, it has gone WAY past bulling, and they probably should be in jail!
They deserved to be brutalized by adults, you are saying? That's ridiculous.

Old 04-09-2015, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
I guess I'll give you credit for honesty, even though I think your position is despicable. I imagine you apply this philosophy all through the bullies life, to when he is holding up people on the streets and faced with prison or 'a second/third/fourth chance'.
Yes because every kid who's even been mean to somebody grows up to be a career felon.

Old 04-09-2015, 03:21 PM

39,222 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:

I dislike the anti-bullying movement because it's faddish and promotes retribution and shaming of children who are bullies. .
Bullies don't deserve to be shamed? What works? Positive affirmation?

I am confused here, do you mean that school systems and other programs that deal with children need to work to recognize and identify this problem behavior and offer assistance to the families? If so, then I agree.

Old 04-09-2015, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Bullies don't deserve to be shamed? What works? Positive affirmation?

I am confused here, do you mean that school systems and other programs that deal with children need to work to recognize and identify this problem behavior and offer assistance to the families? If so, then I agree.
I'm just saying they should be treated with a bit of compassion because of their immaturity, not treated like hardened sociopaths, that's all. They should be punished, but with suspension and expulsion, not like an adult would be. There was a viral video of a bully being beat down by his victim and not only were people congratulating the victim (Something I could sort of get behind) there were adults threatening the child bully with DEATH. I find that far more disturbing than the actions of some punk kid. This kid is 12 for God's sake! I don't put children on a pedestal or anything but at that age bullying happens. Teenagers are more impulsive and less empathetic than mature adults so it's not fair to treat them the same way and put them in jail so they can be abused by adults. This country has gotten ridiculously blood thirsty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies