Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 01:37 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
you are being caught in the "one rotten apple ruins the barrel deal" but government, society, programs do not deal with individuals, they deal with groups, and yes you are being screwed, but society was talking about groups, so if black men wants to be seen different, it has to be as a group. so you as an individual are doing good, now just get the other 75% to behave. The black man track history is what hurting those that follow the law and behave.

didn't someone say , its takes a community to raise a child.
Actually, Blacks have been looked down from day one. Whatever happened to personal responsibility? Whatever happened to "whatever you do sticks to you and no one else"? Or was that never meant to apply to Blacks?

And something else. Prove to me that 75% of the Black population is doing badly. According to the crime statistics, it's more like 1/3 of the Black population.

Something else. This is America. This is suppose to be a land of individualism. People can only be responsible for themselves. How do you expect the decent and law abiding within the Black population to be responsible for the hood rats? We didn't create hood rat culture. We're trying to get away from it.

Old 04-26-2015, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Very good point. Very understandable. Though the topic here confuses me, as I have no , inmate "fear" of any, particular , skin tone in humans, I suppose it must be an issue. At any rate, as you say, preaching to the choir does little good, and berating them for already doing what you're saying needs done will probably tick them off.

Sounds like counterproductivness in action.
Preaching to the choir is basically how this can be described. The persons within the Black population who need to improve are the ones who don't listen and don't care. The ones that do care, that are being diligent, well, there is no point in telling someone to do something they are already doing?

Old 04-26-2015, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Maude View Post
It's a subtle problem, though. Cause and effect aren't obvious. A more specific question is asking whether jailing young men from crime-prone populations for things like drug charges is driving down murder rates by getting them off of the streets for an extended period (or until they get old and tired).

I can't agree on the incarceration rates rising in the 1960's, though.

Well, maybe it started in the 70s. However, I notice with the graph that the murder rate was rising and kept rising. It kept getting worse are more people were going to prison.

I could offer another theory as to why the murder rate started dropping. In the 1990s, some cities started tearing down housing projects. Populations started spreading out more. Another thing to consider is dropping birth rates. You might want to consider which cohort had the highest murder rate. I would say it was the cohort born between 1950-1975. Birth rates have been dropping since then.

Locking people up hasn't stopped drug use.

Old 04-26-2015, 03:23 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,392,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post

I could offer another theory as to why the murder rate started dropping. In the 1990s, some cities started tearing down housing projects. Populations started spreading out more.
could be, they just already killed everybody

Old 04-26-2015, 03:34 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
Excuse me, I have never once committed armed robbery, and my life is not a fraud. I do not have to apologize for and beg forgiveness from you or any other black person because I am a white man. Furthermore, neither you or any other black person currently in America has been a slave on this continent. So get over yourselves, you aren't that special.
The legacy of slavery has continued to this day.

Just one example, the amount of inter-generational wealth that gets handed down to whites is much greater than that of blacks. And that includes simple things like a home, or a family business. Blacks started out with nothing, and it is much harder to build from nothing, and fight active discrimination, which is still obvious and blatant.

Old 04-26-2015, 03:56 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
The legacy of slavery has continued to this day.

Just one example, the amount of inter-generational wealth that gets handed down to whites is much greater than that of blacks. And that includes simple things like a home, or a family business. Blacks started out with nothing, and it is much harder to build from nothing, and fight active discrimination, which is still obvious and blatant.
The REAL wealth of ANY "race" ain't "stuff", it's brain power like as in working together instead of trying tear your brothers and sisters down when 1 of them does well in life. Things can be replaced, smarts CAN'T.

Black people from Africa are living proof that Black people in the US can do well with little money as long as they have smarts because they WILL start having the goodies.

Old 04-26-2015, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
could be, they just already killed everybody
I disagree because if they killed everyone, then there would be no more murders since then.

Old 04-26-2015, 06:20 PM

3,278 posts, read 5,391,147 times
To me it seems like this. The vast majority of black individuals are fine people. However they have a pack mentality that is downright evil.

Old 04-26-2015, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandalorian View Post
To me it seems like this. The vast majority of black individuals are fine people. However they have a pack mentality that is downright evil.
Doesn't everyone have a pack mentality?

Old 04-27-2015, 11:46 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,392,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Doesn't everyone have a pack mentality?
no, because this is the land of individualism. People can only be responsible for themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies