Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2015, 07:45 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Since when isn't it about the BEST QUALIFIED PERSON FOR THE JOB!
Tell me when we did have the best qualified man for the job? The best qualified isn't always the one with the most money or influential friends. We have had 44 male Presidents; are you saying that no female was ever qualified? My feeling is that many women would disagree with you. I do not want to see Hillary in the WH again. Once was enough; even as First Lady. However; I would be inclined to give almost any other woman a chance over any established male candidate. I do think that our Country needs a change and we need somebody to shake up politics as usual. It would be great to have a President that actually represented the people that elected them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2015, 07:57 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,862,536 times
It's the "coolest" person now. Qualifications don't matter. If they're "hip and cool" they're in. Hillary isn't exactly either of those, but she's who the liberal media wants so she'll get elected.

Old 04-11-2015, 08:01 AM

10,832 posts, read 14,927,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And just how would one's 'qualifications' be measured?
One way would be to measure the effect of money on foreign relations.

As Colombian Oil Money Flowed To Clintons, State Department Took No Action To Prevent Labor Violations

Quote:
For union organizers in Colombia, the dangers of their trade were intensifying. When workers at the country’s largest independent oil company staged a strike in 2011, the Colombian military rounded them up at gunpoint and threatened violence if they failed to disband, according to human rights organizations. Similar intimidation tactics against the workers, say labor leaders, amounted to an everyday feature of life.
Now that is a friend of the working man!

Report: Clinton changed stance on trade deal after donations to foundation
April 09, 2015, 11:13 am

Quote:
The report centers on donations from Frank Giustra and the oil company that he founded, Pacific Rubiales. In a Wall Street Journal story from 2008, Giustra is described as a “friend and traveling companion” of former President Clinton who donated more than $130 million to Clinton’s philanthropies. He’s also a Clinton Foundation board member and has participated in projects and benefits for the foundation.

snip
Isn't it time for a bordello madam to be President of the United States!

Old 04-11-2015, 09:08 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Maude View Post
Your ability to read a prepared speech, the quality of your ad campaigns and social media mafia, that you are not downright ugly or fat.
Lol....there's so much truth in this statement.

"Qualifications" to be president in this country are about as subjective as it gets. Americans don't REALLY give a damn about qualifications as such.

Basically you just have to look the part. You can act out the rest if you're slick enough.

Old 04-13-2015, 05:04 AM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
Every day Americans need something better then "what difference does it make now", the "reset button" and emails deleted.

How can anyone trust a person like that and that has nothing to do with race, sex, religion but just a woman who feels she is entitled and that Americans are too stupid.

She came out of the White House "BROKE" as if she knows what Broke means and now she is driving herself to Iowa and all we really believe she is so sincere about everything she says

Old 04-13-2015, 05:47 AM

706 posts, read 1,041,664 times
Quote:
I'm getting sick of "isn't it time for a woman to be the President" or a person from a certain race or religion!

Since when isn't it about the BEST QUALIFIED PERSON FOR THE JOB!
Since the Federal Reserve Act of 1913 when bankers and the rich elite became the real power holders.

Read Animal Farm or watch WWE (wrestling) It's all an act. Republicans, Democrats, Liberals, etc. They are all buddies behind the scenes.

Old 04-13-2015, 05:49 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
Since Queen Hillary has nothing else in her toolbox

Old 04-13-2015, 06:03 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,033,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Tell me when we did have the best qualified man for the job? The best qualified isn't always the one with the most money or influential friends. We have had 44 male Presidents; are you saying that no female was ever qualified? My feeling is that many women would disagree with you. I do not want to see Hillary in the WH again. Once was enough; even as First Lady. However; I would be inclined to give almost any other woman a chance over any established male candidate. I do think that our Country needs a change and we need somebody to shake up politics as usual. It would be great to have a President that actually represented the people that elected them.

Sure, but electing a woman doesn't necessarily do that, if we're just trying to elect a woman. Im with you in that we need a change. We need less crony-capitalism, less jerks beholden to lobbyists and the like. That has been one of our biggest issues through out politics, not just Presidency.

Jeb Bush and Clinton, are, as of now, the two most likely candidates to be the same old, same old. Nothing gets better in DC with the likes of them. Itll remain the same or get worse. We saw that with Obama, who was supposed to be this big change, and people fell for that.

Old 04-13-2015, 06:11 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
I'm getting sick of "isn't it time for a woman to be the President" or a person from a certain race or religion!!
Religion has been used in every race I can remember. Now we have three Republican Latinos (Rubio=100% latino, on Cruz=50% and Jeb, who claims to be one).

Old 04-13-2015, 08:05 AM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Religion has been used in every race I can remember. Now we have three Republican Latinos (Rubio=100% latino, on Cruz=50% and Jeb, who claims to be one).
I see people....why does everyone needs to point out their race, religion, sex, etc.

Why don't we just go by their accomplishments and what they claim to run on and their proven track record.

Another thing is for a woman running for the presidency and not be judged about her hairdo, clothes, etc. why is she changing her hairdo more than an average woman does and so clear she want to be judged about that and people talking about these things then her bad record.

Many female CEO's dress nice and look professional but are not making it to be about a fashion statement all the time. Hillary is clearly changing all of that to get people to judge and talk about that instead of her bad record.

Actually in 2008 I was in favor of her above of Obama and still would favor her above him but luckily we have way better candidates on the right side.

Condaleza Rice was always very professional and with her it was about what she was asked to do and not about her next fashion statement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies