Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 06:56 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,687,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
The Civil Rights Act only applies to businesses open to the public. The track is not open to the public, because you have to pay an entry fee to get in (except for Blacks). This is why many country clubs remained segregated even until recently.

Any members clubs like Costco could legally discriminate on the basis of race. There would be an uproar over it, but they could still do it.

This is absolutely untrue. Even a membership only business such as Costco can't discriminate on the basis of race. Courts have found that businesses such as Costco, while having private membership, are generally open to the public and thus liable to the same sorts of anti-discrimination policies that other businesses face.

As long as they are soliciting members from the general public, they are also beholden to all anti-discrimination statutes just the same as any other business.

The true private membership clubs are often entities that are invite only, require sponsorship from existing members, a vetting process.....etc. In other words, Joe Schmoe can't just walk in off the street and become a member right then and there.

Last edited by Juram; 04-10-2015 at 07:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2015, 07:02 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I'm white, once again I have the wrong skin color to get free stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Not really. Depends on what you want for free.

I'm sure that someone'll gladly kick you in the backside for free.
Yea, not a surprise lol. You wouldn't believe how many reps I got by people who agree.

Old 04-10-2015, 07:02 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,455,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
If it doesn't involve basketball, ho's, and (c)rap, blacks are not interested, especially at a good ole white boys race track.

Yes, I stereotyped but its a fair statement.
Never been to car racing and I got a NASCAR track near me. Just don't see the enjoyment in cars going fast, inhaling burnt rubber and just waiting for a smash up that entertains the majority that attend.

Last edited by SoloforLife; 04-10-2015 at 07:12 PM..

Old 04-10-2015, 07:22 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,656,695 times
Doesn't mean they will come though. I personally doubt the interest is there to have any significant impact.

Old 04-10-2015, 07:59 PM

1,603 posts, read 1,113,364 times
Callaway! I live one county over and haven't heard of this. Strange.

Whitey Taylor is famous for wacky crap like this..and for starting fistfights....and getting sued...and arrested.

Living nearby I have to say I think this will work well. The country and city black folk in the area turn out in droves for this stuff (monster truck shows too), being free only sweetens the deal to take a drive down 220.

Boones Mill is a speedtrap should anyone decide to attend.

Old 04-10-2015, 10:51 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
He also likes model railroading. As do I. He has been to my house many times.
I'm sure you show him off to all your friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Yea, not a surprise lol. You wouldn't believe how many reps I got by people who agree.
I've never receive anything free either...so that makes two of us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies