Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2015, 10:55 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I find it fascinating that you guys refer to obama as the messiah when democrats don't lol And yes bush had his followers no matter what....all presidents do. Yet for some reason you have singled out obama. Why is that....never mind. I know
Seems the President called out Americans. He chose to side with some Americans and not all. Then he wonders why he has no respect, he started it the day he entered office. I am sure you don't want the long list........it's not the place of the President to take sides.

How many times has this Christian President called out Christians on passing out BC and not Muslims terrorist burying children alive? He's priorities are mixed up in social issues.

The confusion of it all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2015, 11:01 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Seems the President called out Americans. He chose to side with some Americans and not all. Then he wonders why he has no respect, he started it the day he entered office. I am sure you don't want the long list........it's not the place of the President to take sides.

Find it strange how many times a Christian President has called out Christians on passing out BC and not Muslims terrorist burying children alive.

The confusion of it all!
Maybe because it affects our country. Why do we have to police the world. And some women need bc because they don't know when to quit having children they can't afford. Good grief, our catholic priest even told my mom to take birth control because we were poor and she kept getting pregnant with kids she couldn't afford.

Old 04-11-2015, 11:15 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,051,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I find it fascinating that you guys refer to obama as the messiah when democrats don't lol And yes bush had his followers no matter what....all presidents do. Yet for some reason you have singled out obama. Why is that....never mind. I know
You must have missed Bush's low approval ratings. No significant cult following.
So no, you don't know. The main difference is bots such as yourself can pull the race card, as you just tried to. That got old about six years ago, time to move on.

Old 04-11-2015, 11:19 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
You must have missed Bush's low approval ratings.
So no, you don't know. The main difference is bots such as yourself can pull the race card, as you just tried to. That got old about six years ago, time to move on.
I am not a so called bot. And it was your interpretation that I pulled the race card. Must have been in your mind though lol

Old 04-12-2015, 08:31 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,261,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Wrong. No other adminstration would negotiate a deal with terrorists.
Bahahahahaha! I take it you're A.) Too young to remember Reagan's Iran-Contra deal and B.) Too partisan to have bothered learning about it.

Where's a rolling-on-the-floor-laughing smiley when you need one?

Old 04-12-2015, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post

How many times has this Christian President called out Christians on passing out BC and not Muslims terrorist burying children alive? He's priorities are mixed up in social issues.

The confusion of it all!
Yes, it's terribly confusing when the U.S. President has NO control over internal affairs in foreign countries but his job is to deal with HIS citizens.

This conflation of "morality" in ME countries with their nuclear capability or lack thereof is just another sign of uneducated thinking. Far too easy to shoot down. <yawn>

Old 04-12-2015, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
The irony that these wingnuts remain oblivious to is they constantly talk about Pres. Obama supporters as thinking he is some "Messiah" and his supporters part of a "cult", yet half of the Bush disciples are fundamentalist Christians who willingly followed that idiot over a cliff, lacking any critical thinking skills about that mans performance and decision making. They still think Saddam Hussein had WMD's and the Iraq war was necessary.

Yet along comes President Obama, a totally rational and careful planner who has done practically nothing controversial in his tenure, and you have these Bush disciples foaming and frothing and speaking of the end times.

Let's face it, these people are completely irrational, to say nothing of being batsh*t crazy about this President.

My own personal opinion is these people knew they were following an absolute disaster of a President in Bush, someone the world hated and half of America as well, and they had to endure the constant (and deserved) criticisms of he and his handlers bungling of running this country, as well as their debacle in Iraq, and now they feel as if they can turn the tables on Pres. Obama, who is superior in every aspect of the Presidency over his predecessor.

Their constant howls of anguish have long ago fallen on deaf ears, as these folks are no longer worthy of being taken seriously. The truly sad part is the leadership in the Republican Party has actually gotten worse under Pres. Obama than it was under Pres. Bush. This party is in serious decline and everyone knows it but Republicans.
Cannot rep you, but this is incredibly well said. Going around in the real world and hearing people talk about stuff that really matters is always a shock if you've been spending any time whatsoever in the bubble of City-Data. The entire world has a completely different opinion of the President and the state of the world today than do the minority living here. And these folks don't even realize it. Mind-boggling.

Old 04-12-2015, 08:37 AM

2,801 posts, read 2,309,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Just found this one. Thanks. I am adding it to my Comedy Threads list. You sound like a jilted lover by a Muslim Boyfriend, that left you for a younger woman. Is that why your so bitter? Exactly how much younger was she?
Maybe even worse, another MAN >>>>

Old 04-12-2015, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The left's war on women around the world continues.
Yeah, because forcing Stone-Age civilizations to meet our standards with their women is far more important than preventing world annihilation through nuclear war.

Let me know when you figure out how we change their entire internal culture. Without turning even more Muslims against us and sending everyone else's children to war there.

I'll wait.

Old 04-12-2015, 09:05 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,438,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
That is a strange statement. No conservative I know of would negotiate with a pedophile like the Ayatolah (sic) of Iran.
You know Ronald Reagan, right? Iran-Contra? Were you asleep, or did you just fail history class? Cliffnotes version: Iran

There are MANY Ayatollahs - it is akin to the term cardinal and they are found not only in Iran but also India, Pakistan, the UK, and other areas with Muslim communities. The "Supreme Leader" is Ayatollah Khamenei, who is who I assume you are referencing. There are many reasons to hate Khamenei. Falsely labeling him a pedophile only hurts your cause.

Obama's counterpart is President Hassan Rouhani who ran on a platform of normalizing relations with the West and is probably the most moderate president Iran has had. He's no Ahmadinejad. He's still not a great guy, but in the year and a half since he took office he has made reforms with regards to women's rights. And really, most likely it is discussions between John Kerry and Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif as well as other European political counterparts that are really driving this conversation forward..

Negotiations with Iran are long overdue. Especially right now where there is a president who is making civil rights reforms as we speak and we share a common enemy.

The American political spectrum skews right overall, even what we call liberals. It's the last vestiges of American exceptionalism that haven't held true for decades. We are the furthest right of any developed country - which is also probably why we're one of the only developed countries with no national healthcare system and one of the only countries period with no maternity leave.

The American Republican Party is firmly right. The Democratic party is center-left, and much closer to center than to left. Obama, perhaps more center still.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies