Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 10:10 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,716,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I think you missed the sarcasm. Desertdetroiter did not state blacks need to be "saved" he said that conservatives think that blacks need to be "saved."
He has liberalism mixed up with conservatives. We think blacks are smart, and in my experience hard working.

Now if Democratic politicians would stop treating and acting like they are helpless and stupid. Unbelievable that Dems think blacks are so dumb that they can't even get a voter ID. Everyone knows they are not that helpless but some democrats and Obamabots will insist the democratic politicians are right.

Last edited by petch751; 04-13-2015 at 11:02 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2015, 10:10 AM

20,454 posts, read 12,372,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
....except that they didn't, although I'm sure most conservatives are shocked that he got invited, let alone got treated warmly and fairly despite some skepticism.

Anyway...the link:

Ben Carson 'Makes Big Impression' at Sharpton's NAN Convention - Breitbart
I am a conservative.
I am neither shocked nor unhappy with Mr. Carson's involvement.

I want MORE.
Our side HAS to engage. regardless of what the other side thinks about it.

Old 04-13-2015, 10:20 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,265,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
If I did, what's it to you?

it explain my point about the majority in the black community that blindly vote straight party line democrat against their best interest.

You vote for whoever you like, I could care less.....just don't get so sensitive when analyzing the black vote and the democrat party....this is a political forum after all.

Old 04-13-2015, 10:23 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,744,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
Ain't it great how Republicans think they know black people better than black people know black people?

Democrats are FAR from perfect, and I've rarely met anybody who thinks they are. But when Republicans are doing everything in their power to keep black people from voting... why on earth do y'all think black people would ever vote FOR you??
Got it. Better to vote for the party that installed the Minimum Wage to keep Blacks from working.

The party that supported Jim Crow and the Klan.

The same party that set up Planned Parenthood in Harlem to target Blacks for abortions under "The Negro Project". Founder Margaret Sanger referred to Blacks as "human weeds". Hey look, there's Margaret Sanger, the founder of PP at another Klan rally gaining applause for aborting Black lives! If not for Planned Parenthood the Black population today would be 40% larger than it is. If there were 40% more Black voters today, they could have their own political party that directly represented them, instead of Tomming for the Democrats.

Old 04-13-2015, 10:25 AM

Old 04-13-2015, 10:26 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,813,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
He has liberalism mixed up with conservatives.
I agree, too many of both conservatives and liberals think black people need saving. I personally feel too many white liberals have a "savior" complex and it makes for funny/interesting conversations with my black Democrat friends. And FWIW, many of them do feel the same way. That many white liberals think we need them to "save" us.

Old 04-13-2015, 10:27 AM

Hey look, there's the founder of Planned Parenthood speaking at another Klan rally. Step right up and vote Democrat Black folks!

Old 04-13-2015, 10:27 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,813,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Got it. Better to vote for the party that installed the Minimum Wage to keep Blacks from working.

The party that supported Jim Crow and the Klan.

The same party that set up Planned Parenthood in Harlem to target Blacks for abortions under "The Negro Project". Founder Margaret Sanger referred to Blacks as "human weeds". Hey look, there's Margaret Sanger, the founder of PP at another Klan rally gaining applause for aborting Black lives! If not for Planned Parenthood the Black population today would be 40% larger than it is. If there were 40% more Black voters today, they could have their own political party that directly represented them, instead of Tomming for the Democrats.

What does anything you are saying have to do with Ben Carson and the NAN event.

You should go to another "black" thread where this sort of stuff will be more relevant.

Old 04-13-2015, 10:30 AM

"We should hire three or four colored ministers, preferably with social-service backgrounds, and with engaging personalities. The most successful educational approach to the Negro is through a religious appeal. We don’t want the word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population, and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members."

Margaret Sanger- Founder: Planned Parenthood

Old 04-13-2015, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
What does anything you are saying have to do with Ben Carson and the NAN event.

You should go to another "black" thread where this sort of stuff will be more relevant.
If we're going to say Blacks can't be Republicans because the party doesn't represent them, isn't it fair to point out how the Democratic party represents them? Main platforms of the Democratic party are pro-choice (i.e. Planned Parenthood) which has eliminated 40% of their population, the minimum wage (which we know was enacted to keep Blacks from working via the Davis-Bacon Act of 1931) which has created an employment gap that's double Whites and remind them that it was the Democrats backed Jim Crow laws and the Klan?

I'm not even a Republican, I just don't like the idea that the Democratic party owns Blacks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies