Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2015, 12:21 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,692,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
No different than the Republicans on this forum who call black people who vote Democrats ," House N$#^$%#". If your argument is that the language shouldnt be used, then you should bring it up when your right wing brethren us it as well.

If you simply disagree with the use specifically on Carson, then you should state that as such.
House and field ****** are sociopolitical terms originated by black liberation activitists.

I could careless what people like you and others of your ilk care to call Dr. Carson and other black conservatives.

I don't post here to win your approval or anyone elses for that matter.

NAN inviting the enemy to speak in front of the congregation is nothing new as stated above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2015, 12:32 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
House and field ****** are sociopolitical terms originated by black liberation activitists.

I could careless what people like you and others of your ilk care to call Dr. Carson and other black conservatives.

NAN inviting the enemy to speak in front of the congregation is nothing new as stated above.
Never claimed you posted here to earn my approval, but the term House N$##%@ is actually used by those on the right who are attempting to encompass all of this within the terminology of "Democratic Plantation".

Again, if your argument is the use of language like that and uncle Tom, then you should be jumping all over your Right Wing brethren for perpetuating the same thing as you claim Liberals are.

Old 04-12-2015, 12:38 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,367,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
....except that they didn't, although I'm sure most conservatives are shocked that he got invited, let alone got treated warmly and fairly despite some skepticism.

Anyway...the link:

Ben Carson 'Makes Big Impression' at Sharpton's NAN Convention - Breitbart
Why denigrate conservatives this way? I'm conservative and Dr. Carson is a true American iconic hero in my eyes. He is to be admired. Oh, and I'm white.

Old 04-12-2015, 12:46 PM

3,201 posts, read 4,409,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Most black folk do not have any problem listening to different opinions and political views. Even though many conservatives love to "attempt" to tell us which black folk's opinions are good and which ones are not.
you know you can interchange the term "conservatives" with "liberals" and your statement still works

all depends on who is reading it

if you only see it the way you wrote it then sadly you are afflicted with political myopia

Old 04-12-2015, 12:46 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I am one of those Conservatives, and it may surprise you to learn that I agree with you, to a point.

We are led by the media to believe that all black people follow blindly along the Democratic, "oh poor oppressed me" mantra of black "leaders", despite the fact that those who don't subscribe to this attitude are living the American Dream, unencumbered by the doom and gloom. I'd also guess those same black leaders are living large on keeping their family business going.

So, we conservatives get encouraged when one of your own, whom you may trust because he has shared some of your life experiences, comes along with the ideas that we believe are better. We really do believe they are better, and we want those who may not have been open to them to take them in and at least think about them.
Funny how people who deny they are like the media depicts them will believe everything else the media puts out there. If they are depicting blacks in a bad light in a non truthful way, ways they know is not true, why would they believe other things they say?

Old 04-12-2015, 12:49 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,692,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Never claimed you posted here to earn my approval, but the term House N$##%@ is actually used by those on the right who are attempting to encompass all of this within the terminology of "Democratic Plantation".

Again, if your argument is the use of language like that and uncle Tom, then you should be jumping all over your Right Wing brethren for perpetuating the same thing as you claim Liberals are.
You are one confused kid if you believe my argument had anything to do with labels.

Old 04-12-2015, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Why denigrate conservatives this way? I'm conservative and Dr. Carson is a true American iconic hero in my eyes. He is to be admired. Oh, and I'm white.
Its not a denigration, because it is indeed a fair criticism.

Conservatives have demonized the NAACP for a long time, one of the main reasons being that they do not open conservatives with open arms. That has always been untrue. President Bush and Colin Powell both spoke at the NAACP conference while in office.

Old 04-12-2015, 12:51 PM

Quote:
You are one confused kid if you believe my argument had anything to do with labels.
So what exactly does it have to do with then ????

Old 04-12-2015, 01:17 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
You're white? Bully for you.

He's an iconic hero? Why? Because he's a successful brain surgeon?

You conservatives sure do set the bar pretty low for heroism.
Quote:

You guys love putting on capes to play this Captain Save A Black Conservative role to the hilt. Give it a rest. You can't save'em. They've gotta make their appeal to their own people and if we smell a rat, we're calling it. And all you can do is whine about it. Carson knows this, that's why he showed up. He has to, even though folks like your self get indignant about it because you don't think he has to. But he does...all these black conservatives seeking anything higher than a lowly congressional seat have to show up and look their people in the face. They can't escape it.

And if the Tom, House or Field ***** applies, then so be it. That's got nothing to do with you.

Old 04-12-2015, 01:50 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
that is exactly what I didn't say.
Your statement was speaking for all black people... they think they know us better than we do.. your statement.

You really speak as a separatist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies