Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2015, 12:21 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,700,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by billydaman View Post
I sure you understand the faulty logic of this statement....the truth is, you do not know where you would be, or if you would of even existed. It can be conclusively proven that slavery has no impact on your current socioeconomic status.
Prove it

Old 04-12-2015, 12:24 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 22 days ago)

27,632 posts, read 16,115,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Well....for one I would not even be in this nation TODAY. If not for slavery. So your rhetoric is easily refuted.
Lucky you

Old 04-12-2015, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
I like your analogy, of likening racism to diabetes. In order for a diabetic to improve his health, change must comes from within. It is his choice to eat food that can either improve or imped his health. If he eats the wrong food, can he blame McDonalds or the pizza parlor for his failing health? If he doesn't exercise, where can he lay blame? He can try to take charge of his health, but even if he gets it's blood sugar under control, he will still have diabetes. Do you think the diabetic just give up trying?

My point is there will always be racism and diabetes in our life time. In order to make improvements, change must come from within. In order to see positive results, you must hold yourself accountable for your choices and actions. Hard work and sacrifice is also part of the equation, and nobody likes that part. Would life be better without racism and diabetes? Of course it would, but for now, we must live in the present.
Yes.....if one knows what causes their disease....they should work to change their lifestyle. For black people, that means studying the disease of racism and countering the effects it has had on black culture and lifestyle. Black people must ADD BACK what racism SUBTRACTED, in terms of how they view "blackness". Blacks must seek to promote and lift up the self image of black people, back to an equilibrium with humanity. As Newton noted, any object moved from a state of equilibrium by a force, will require an EQUAL and OPPOSITE force to restore it to equilibrium. White supremacy moved black people from a healthy economic, cultural and psychological equilibrium. Hence, blacks need to reverse that my promoting the image of black people and supporting one and other. The problem with this is whites then see that as reverse racism against them and then seek to justify their supporting and uplifting "whiteness" which in turns continues the preservation of white supremacy.

Old 04-12-2015, 12:32 PM

1,160 posts, read 713,395 times
Quote:
Prove it
Its easy. Slavery does not exist and hasn't for several generations. There is no possible way for slavery to have any impact on your life. Its like blaming dinosaurs for global warming. You can study every facet of your life and at no time will we find any correlation with slavery. Its impossible....unless you were sold as a sex slave. You seem to think if you share the same color skin as someone who was a slave, you share in the ramifications.

Old 04-12-2015, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Lucky you
And lucky you....lest you would still be one of the "your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me:
I lift my lamp beside the golden door".

- Statue of Liberty

Old 04-12-2015, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Its easy. Slavery does not exist and hasn't for several generations. There is no possible way for slavery to have any impact on your life. Its like blaming dinosaurs for global warming. You can study every facet of your life and at no time will we find any correlation with slavery.
Yeah....and neither does the revolutionary war.....but who and what we are today is still greatly influenced by that past....unless you are a subject of the crown.

Old 04-12-2015, 12:38 PM

592 posts, read 502,147 times
Quote:
Its easy. Slavery does not exist and hasn't for several generations. There is no possible way for slavery to have any impact on your life. Its like blaming dinosaurs for global warming. You can study every facet of your life and at no time will we find any correlation with slavery.
History is very relevant. The slaves provided free labor and did not get the benefits of the wealth they created. Voting rights in the 1960 and it has been a fight all along...

Come on, let's take personal responsibility, and not get defensive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYM1o8QIk6c

Old 04-12-2015, 12:39 PM

Quote:
The problem with this is whites then see that as reverse racism against them and then seek to justify their supporting and uplifting "whiteness" which in turns continues the preservation of white supremacy.

LOL. The term "reverse racism" is discriminatory and racist in itself.

Old 04-12-2015, 12:42 PM

428 posts, read 344,056 times
Quote:
And lucky you....lest you would still be one of the "your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me:
I lift my lamp beside the golden door".

- Statue of Liberty
Actually, that was added to the Statue of Liberty quite a lot later. The statue itself had no immigration concept attached to it.

Old 04-12-2015, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nineball View Post
History is very relevant. The slaves provided free labor and did not get the benefits of the wealth they created. Voting rights in the 1960 and it has been a fight all along...

Come on, let's take personal responsibility, and not get defensive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYM1o8QIk6c

What? How can I be personally responsibility for something that occurred before I was born? I bear no personal responsibility for slavery or discrimination. I think you are confused with me pointing out illogical conclusions as me getting defensive. My skin color does not dictate what I'm responsible for. To suggest that I'm responsible for something simply because I'm white is bigoted and discriminatory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies