Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2015, 06:53 PM

398 posts, read 629,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalbound12 View Post
I'm going to be honest...I don't really care. I just don't really care about what happens in other countries. I don't live there, I have no family there, and I have no vested interest there. I find a lot of the current feel good "humanitarianism" found on both the left and right to be shallow, disingenuous, and opportunistic. Our country has more than enough problems that we don't seemingly have the answers for and I just don't really think we would solve anything by intervening. America didn't drop out of the heavens to be the guardian of the world and policemen of nations.

The Founders warned precisely against this kind of thinking. All of this foreign aid and "humanitarian intervention" makes it hard for these countries to have any real independence. They are fully dependent on American benevolence, if we really cared for these countries we'd "teach them to fish so they can eat for a lifetime" rather than giving them free fish every year. What will these countries do if America ever fails? I'm certainly glad no country came and fought our battle for us against the British, sure we received some opportunistic help but Americans did the vast majority of the work. That breeds independence and self-reliance. Every dollar that is taken from me by Uncle Sam to line some corrupt 3rd world dictator's pocket or supply weapons so ISIS in Syria is one less dollar I have to feed my own family.

Sure there are a lot of bad things that happen in the world, welcome to Earth. We can't solve all the problems in the world and we are going bankrupt trying to do so. We're less free, less safe, and less prosperous than we were before the war on terror. Government intervention whether abroad or at home does not work, it breeds dependency and weak willed people.

Liberals and neocons will come pleading to you with their good intentions trying to tug on your heart strings. "Just think of the children!" Yet,Iraq is worse now than it was pre-invasion. If we had topped Assad in Syria the black flag of ISIS would be flying in Damascus right now. It's like we never learn, we refuse to. We're mortgaging our own future and our posterity's future so we can "help" some people on the other side of the world. Then the aid money gets "lost" into the pockets of dictators and bureaucrats over there anyway.

So do I care about the white Africans? No, not really. I feel bad for them in that I wouldn't wish that on anyone but I know that there is nothing my country can do for them. They are going to have to stand and fight on their own.
If you do not care that is just how you feel. My point is that the left wing had a huge fit over the apartheid regime and claimed they were fighting for equality and justice now as white infants are burned alive in their cribs the bleeding heart liberal left is mute. that is my point

Old 04-12-2015, 09:29 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,597,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
That's def a real good question tho the "Cape Town Coloureds" and "Asians" South Africa are also seen as "white" in the eyes of many Black Africans. What I'm saying is let the Coloured and Asians into the US along WITH the "white" South Africans.
The so called "Coloureds" would be considered Afrikaners anywhere but in South Africa itself. They speak Afrikaans, have the same culture and traditions as Afrikaners, eat the same foods, listen to the same music, etc. If the Afrikaaners were smart they would have accepted the "Cape Coloureds" as Afrikaaners.

Somehow I doubt the Volkstadt movement recognizes the "Coloureds" as Afrikaaners, and I don't think mixed race people would be welcome in Orania.

Old 04-12-2015, 09:35 PM

16,576 posts, read 8,600,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
That WOULD be a real bad move right there because that stupid crap can go BOTH ways. Sheesh!

Too; ALL of us started out in Africa, not just some "Black" people.
I guess if you buy into that theory.

---------

There is no doubt that colonial powers turned several areas of Africa with lawless uncivilized tribes killing each other, into advanced modern cities/countries. Now things are starting to revert back with lunatics like Mugabe in control.

Old 04-12-2015, 09:47 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,978,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blan View Post
If you do not care that is just how you feel. My point is that the left wing had a huge fit over the apartheid regime and claimed they were fighting for equality and justice now as white infants are burned alive in their cribs the bleeding heart liberal left is mute. that is my point
Well that is why I said:
Quote:
I find a lot of the current feel good "humanitarianism" found on both the left and right to be shallow, disingenuous, and opportunistic.
Most people who claim to "care" about the poor, the starving Africans, or whatever the cause du jour don't really. They claim to so they can appear trendy, or they are making money off of it, or they want to seem like a "good" person. Hash tag activism or slacktivism is just a vehicle for narcissism and self importance. Limousine liberals, disingenuous white liberals, and neocon chickenhawks are all just hypocrites who pretend to care but don't really and only work to further their own ends.

Old 04-12-2015, 09:56 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
The so called "Coloureds" would be considered Afrikaners anywhere but in South Africa itself. They speak Afrikaans, have the same culture and traditions as Afrikaners, eat the same foods, listen to the same music, etc. If the Afrikaaners were smart they would have accepted the "Cape Coloureds" as Afrikaaners.

Somehow I doubt the Volkstadt movement recognizes the "Coloureds" as Afrikaaners, and I don't think mixed race people would be welcome in Orania.
IMHO if the "white" Afrikaners had their backs to the wall; they'd close ranks real quick with the mixed race people against a common enemy. Just a feeling here.

Old 04-13-2015, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post

You are asserting that an entire ethnic group is unintelligent. You seem racist!

Old 04-13-2015, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalbound12 View Post
Well that is why I said:

Most people who claim to "care" about the poor, the starving Africans, or whatever the cause du jour don't really. They claim to so they can appear trendy, or they are making money off of it, or they want to seem like a "good" person. Hash tag activism or slacktivism is just a vehicle for narcissism and self importance. Limousine liberals, disingenuous white liberals, and neocon chickenhawks are all just hypocrites who pretend to care but don't really and only work to further their own ends.
I agree with you 100 percent much of the bleeding heart displays often have agenda for their own gain.
But on a idealogical level sit and have a conversation with a leftist about the subject of south africa.
If you bring up white people being murdered in mass numbers they will deny it or justify it.
Intellectual inconsistency always with leftists /Marxists

Old 04-13-2015, 10:01 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,597,011 times
Quote:
You are asserting that an entire ethnic group is unintelligent. You seem racist!
By rejecting people who have the same culture, speak the same language, have the same values, and eat the same foods just because they're not "racially pure", they have embraced stupidity. If you're under attack you don't further alienate people with common interests nor do you embrace further division unless you're stupid.

There's no room for mixed race people in Orania:

10 years on, Orania fades away | News24

I notice the "Volkstaat" doesn't want Anglo whites or Catholics either. (Or Orthodox Christians, although I don't know how many are in South Africa. It probably goes without saying they don't want Jews)

Old 04-13-2015, 10:03 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,114,988 times
Quote:
then why do liberals ignore the mass killings of whites in Africa?
I think they were too busy watching the annual "War on Christmas" shows on Fox.

Mick

Old 04-13-2015, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
I think they were too busy watching the annual "War on Christmas" shows on Fox.

Mick
brilliant mick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies