Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 09:58 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,601,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Wolf View Post
No surprise. Probably had his home stolen by the banks,his jobs sent overseas by his bosses making million dollar bonuses,wife probably left him etc.Would have been better to make a thieving banker or 1%er pay for it and not himself.
Well, the Obama economy does favor the 1%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2015, 09:59 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,723,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
The Tax the 1% crowd is a bit different than the one wanting to increase border security or sanctity of marriage crowd. If he had a Tax the 1% sign I would expect he was of the OWS type mentality, a 99%'er.
'
I wonder if he had a cell phone and an iPad, if yes, yep he's a 99%er. That always cracked me up, they claim to hate capitalism but loved all the gadgets.

Old 04-13-2015, 10:00 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,723,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Well, the Obama economy does favor the 1%.
And Hillary who's using the same rhetoric as Obama want's to continue favoring the 1%.

Old 04-13-2015, 10:04 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,061,280 times
Of course. Thought you were being a bit nit picky with your response to my initial post. Any of the signs offered by you or I vote the same way. That is and was the central point to my initial comment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
OWS & 99% activists lean left. But you already knew that.

Old 04-13-2015, 06:57 PM

1,603 posts, read 1,112,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Wolf View Post
Republican no doubt. So YAWN.I heard yada yada yada bankers robbed us but its still your fault the CEO who is making millions stole your job so he could make more millions while you the shaft yada yada yada.Republicans-biggest threat to america
My mortgage bank is OK in my book. They fronted me the cash, why shouldn't they make a 4.35% profit?

Old 04-13-2015, 07:19 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,730,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
I like this comment from the site the best: "There are more effective ways to get your point across."

Man who shot himself dead on steps of Capitol was carrying 'Tax the 1%' sign | Daily Mail Online
Such a narcissist the man who shot himself.... why didn't he take some pills. Less cleaning up and it is very sad that others even have to deal with the clean up. This man who claimed to be one of 99% didn't even have the courtesy and heart to think about other people.

Selfish and greedy till the end.

The man clearly was not against the second amendment since he seems to love guns as he chose that as the last thing to use to end his life ....so he was most likely a hypocrite as well.

The man also soiled the day for many others which makes him even more selfish but others will probably say I have no heart and I mean by saying these things but I'm just saying it as I feel.

If he wanted to make a point he would start a debate and try to do things differently and get a job and worked himself up the ladder as not many wealthy people have gotten it all for free... and if they got it all for free then they still need to find a way to keep it.

Old 04-13-2015, 07:30 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,361,452 times
Im fascinated by the takeaways from most of the posters. A study in human nature.

Old 04-13-2015, 08:52 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,094,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Im fascinated by the takeaways from most of the posters. A study in human nature.
Or at least illustrates the vile filth who frequent a forum such as this (and are endorsed by its management)

Old 04-13-2015, 11:43 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,468,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
I like this comment from the site the best: "There are more effective ways to get your point across."

Man who shot himself dead on steps of Capitol was carrying 'Tax the 1%' sign | Daily Mail Online
"In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes."

[too soon?]

Old 04-14-2015, 06:35 AM

30,059 posts, read 18,656,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Being that he had a severe mental disturbance, it is more likely than not that he didn't know or care what the sign he was carrying said. That Republicans would try to use this as some kind of knock against liberals, is absolutely a sign of desperation and cluelessness.

Of course, mental illness is much more common among liberals, so such an occurrence makes perfect sense.

One wonders whether liberalism is appealing to the mentally ill, or whether liberalism made them ill? It is a classic "chicken or the egg" question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies