Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 06:49 AM

1,922 posts, read 1,742,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabber_wocky View Post
Everyone provided some really great answers and opinions. Some interesting points were brought up for me to think about. And the take away from this for me is that I should not focus on it being a necessarily black community problem, and focus more on a better future for my own children when it comes time for them (I don't have any yet). Because at the end of the day, regardless of the issue being prevalent in the black community or not, I have the choice to create a better future for myself and for my own children and the cycle will be broken here. But, there is one thing my father did do for me, is he gave me a great example of how NOT to treat your children.

Thanks a bunch.

yup... do your part and break the cycle. I wish you well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2015, 06:51 AM

72,874 posts, read 62,362,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Yeah, keep believing that.
Prove us wrong. I'm not for having children outside of wedlock. I believe children need to be born to two married parents, a father and a mother. On the other hand, being born out of wedlock is not the same thing as the father not being in the child's life.

Old 05-17-2015, 07:39 AM

3,350 posts, read 2,840,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Prove us wrong. I'm not for having children outside of wedlock. I believe children need to be born to two married parents, a father and a mother. On the other hand, being born out of wedlock is not the same thing as the father not being in the child's life.
This is why we should be promoting Birth control.

Old 05-17-2015, 07:49 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,282,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Although black fathers are more likely to live separately from their children — the statistic that’s usually trotted out to prove the parenting “crisis” — many of them remain just as involved in their kids’ lives. Pew estimates that 67 percent of black dads who don’t live with their kids see them at least once a month, compared to 59 percent of white dads and just 32 percent of Hispanic dads.

Ha Larry us. Of the people not living with their kids blacks are better. Nevermind the amount of blacks not living with their kids.

Old 05-17-2015, 10:05 AM

8,631 posts, read 12,958,259 times
It's basically cause and effect. You can't really expect strong patriarchal values in a society that promotes strong feminists policies. It not going to happen in most cases. This is one of the effects that happen when you weaken traditional family values.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies