Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 02:18 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,453,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
Leave it to a progressive leftist not to notice details.

The stores are closing all for the same durations, 6-mos. People are being given 5 hours of notice to leave, when at least several weeks could have been given for problems of a nature that could accommodate known (re)construction pre-planning issues.

Moreover in a time frame coinciding with that also blocked out for a controversial, and domestic standing army exercise, Jade Helm, scheduled for 9 weeks in late summer and early fall of this year that has 2 states in their respective border entireties, Texas and Utah (and the notoriously conservative bottom segment of CA), labeled as "hostile" in a training manual leaked a few weeks ago. And described to reporting media by a participant as a "psy-op." (But commentary on that can wait for another thread started and closed for comment within hours.)
Leave it to a Alex Jones listener to leap from WalMart to Jade Helm.

Leaked manual? Is that what you call widely released and available to the public?

I suggest you get to the bottom of this.

Here's Thomas Meade's email -- one of the main planners.
He'd love to hear more about your concerns.

thomas.m.mead.ctr@soc.mil

Old 04-14-2015, 02:21 PM
mm4 mm4 started this thread

5,711 posts, read 3,977,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrexDigit View Post
Leave it to a Alex Jones listener to leap from WalMart to Jade Helm.

Leaked manual? Is that what you call widely released and available to the public?

I suggest you get to the bottom of this.

Here's Thomas Meade's email -- one of the main planners.
He'd love to hear more about your concerns.

thomas.m.mead.ctr@soc.mil
It wasn't public several weeks ago:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/258605525/...ument-1#scribd

Where's the New York Times on this?

It's not the thrust of the Infowars piece anyway, it was merely mentioned among one of the coinciding curiosities flagged by news observers pertaining to the 6-month closures.

BTW, any good reason why only the very bottom of CA is labeled "Hostile" on the exercise map? Is that how the rest of CA sees Orange County and below?

Last edited by mm4; 04-14-2015 at 02:31 PM..

Old 04-14-2015, 02:22 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,119,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
As for merchandise, it doesn't matter how stocked up. They have other stores close by. They have a fleet of trucks available to transfer that merchandise. And a 128,000 sf store doesn't plan to move everything the next day. I don't care if you have contractors in your family. I've been a mall manager. And I'm way more familiar with this sort of thing than you.
Oh good lord. You are absolutely clueless. A "mall manager" manages leases, not stockrooms. A prudent retailer will absolutely NOT stock up their shelves knowing that the next day or even next week will be taking product off the shelves for transport to another store. Retailers employ stock reduction methods for all sorts of reasons, including biannual inventory counts. Why stock up a shelf if you've got to spend more time and money to count the product individually on the shelf when it can be counted by the case in the stockroom? This is Retail 101. Wal-Mart is smart enough not to fill its shelves full of individual items when it can literally leave them in cases in the backroom to be easily loaded onto a truck.

You speaking in absolutes about something you know nothing about is farcical, and really quite embarrassing. Just stop!

Old 04-14-2015, 02:26 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,648,053 times
whoa? Is this over unions?

Old 04-14-2015, 02:29 PM

89,000 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
It is odd. My local Sams Club just underwent a multi-month renovation with departments, restrooms, freezers, and coolers being moved around and added - and the store didn't close.
Exactly. I've been in two different locations in which Walmart stores were renovated and/or added on to, and neither store closed down during the remodeling/construction phase. Hard to believe a store would close down when revenue can still be earned. Something isn't right with this.

Old 04-14-2015, 02:31 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,790,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I get out plenty. This closure i s odd.
Says who? You?

I have watched the video and read the associated article now. 5 of how many thousands? And the video of the stores looks like old ones, probably built on the cheap.

Hell, the local Rite Aid store in town closed for a couple of days for a "remodel" Heaven forbid. Must be a conspiracy!

Talk about your non story. But that's what the internet is, isnt it. A great big non story, filled with sound and fury and signifying nothing.

Old 04-14-2015, 02:35 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,740,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
Says who? You?

I have watched the video and read the associated article now. 5 of how many thousands? And the video of the stores looks like old ones, probably built on the cheap.

Hell, the local Rite Aid store in town closed for a couple of days for a "remodel" Heaven forbid. Must be a conspiracy!

Talk about your non story. But that's what the internet is, isnt it. A great big non story, filled with sound and fury and signifying nothing.

You don't have to agree but you also don't have to be rude. Our old Walmart was one of the junkier ones and they remodeled it and expanded it without closing. There's a huge difference between one Rite Air closing for a couple of days as opposed to six stores all closing on the same day for 6 months all for the exact same plumbing issue. If you don't want to talk about this "non story" then don't.

Old 04-14-2015, 02:38 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Oh good lord. You are absolutely clueless. A "mall manager" manages leases, not stockrooms. A prudent retailer will absolutely NOT stock up their shelves knowing that the next day or even next week will be taking product off the shelves for transport to another store. Retailers employ stock reduction methods for all sorts of reasons, including biannual inventory counts. Why stock up a shelf if you've got to spend more time and money to count the product individually on the shelf when it can be counted by the case in the stockroom? This is Retail 101. Wal-Mart is smart enough not to fill its shelves full of individual items when it can literally leave them in cases in the backroom to be easily loaded onto a truck.

You speaking in absolutes about something you know nothing about is farcical, and really quite embarrassing. Just stop!
A mall manager deals with much more than leases. We deal with square footage, with promotional shows, with store closings and store remodels, with HVAC issues for the common areas, with leaking fountains, with parking lots and landscaping, with marketing budgets, with insurance, with fires, with security issues. But hey, how would I KNOW better than YOU, all-knowing one.

And tell me how YOU know the store shelves were FULLY stocked? Oh, all-knowing one?

Old 04-14-2015, 02:39 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,740,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post

And tell me how YOU know the store shelves were FULLY stocked? Oh, all-knowing one?
Many of the employees interviewed stated that the stores were fully stocked.

Old 04-14-2015, 02:42 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
You don't have to agree but you also don't have to be rude. Our old Walmart was one of the junkier ones and they remodeled it and expanded it without closing. There's a huge difference between one Rite Air closing for a couple of days as opposed to six stores all closing on the same day for 6 months all for the exact same plumbing issue. If you don't want to talk about this "non story" then don't.
If Wal-Mart can keep it open, they will keep it open. They are all about the profits. If it's more profitable to close it down, tear up the floors, tear down the walls, replace the plumbing, upgrade the electrical, rewire the satellite system, bring in new refrigeration and freezer units, make the entire store more environmentally friendly, then that's what they'll do. No conspiracy. Just a retailer taking care of five or six stores out of the tens of thousands of stores they own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies