Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2015, 12:08 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Nice job of conveniently overlooking the Republican Bozo who chose to destroy the secular state of Iraq, leading to the current Islamic State ruled by ISIS.
Don't start that. The democrats supported the same war!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2015, 12:17 PM

1,609 posts, read 1,079,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I am not sure the GOP is even capable of doing their job anymore, spending over six Years Whining and being the Party of No does not improve ones job skills.
Open your mind and understand that there is no "Party of No." It is mandatory that when one party (or the White House) tries to do something that is illegal/unconstitutional and/or not in the best interest of America they are obligated by their oath to stop such bad legislation. Thank God for all the Republicans that have stopped BO and Dems from screwed up America as much has they have be able.

Quote:
Thing is they won the Senate and now control both Houses of Congress and their blame game no longer works with anyone other than their sheeple. The People are going to expect to see some actual results for all promises they made to get elected, now they want to also control the Whitehouse as if that would some how magically give them more job capability. If we see no actual results from Congress before the elections I hope the GOP gets taught another hard lesson in doing what you promise.
Again, until the voting citizens of America give both House and Senate a 2/3rds majority so they can override BO's destructive vetos, not much progress can be made before the 2016 election which I pray will bring us a Republican in the White House so we can put the United States of American back together and get rid of the destruction the last 6 years of Dems have caused.

Old 04-15-2015, 12:19 PM

1,609 posts, read 1,079,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Don't start that. The democrats supported the same war!
And...it was BO's stupidity that caused the undoing of Iraq's moving down the path of establishing their democracy. Isis would not be there if BO had not been so very stupid.

Old 04-15-2015, 12:54 PM

939 posts, read 795,547 times
No surprise. Obama says "open the borders and let all comers in!!

Old 04-15-2015, 01:01 PM

15,531 posts, read 10,501,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
It all comes back to an unsubstantiated claim that a "prayer rug" and "arabic writings" were found in house in Juarez. From this meager scrap the claims have extrapolated to an ISIS terror training camp in Juarez and ISIS observation posts in New Mexico. I have no doubt some of the illegal crossers are from Muslim countries but this does not equate to ISIS camps or ISIS terrorists with observation posts in the US desert so their multitudes can avoid border patrols.
They make it sound like some huge ISIS training camp, when actually it could be a safe house. They make the observation posts sound like fortified permanent points, when it could be some favored areas for casing stuff out. Because of random leaked law enforcement bulletins and the like, I think they probably are paying the cartels for some assistance. Where there's smoke there's fire, it's doggy around there. I also think some are already here, having come through convention means. My kid and I have been suspicious of a few business NW of there for years now. Anywho, doubt the government would ever offer up info anyway, nor should they. Hopefully, they have a handle on it.

Old 04-15-2015, 01:21 PM

5,576 posts, read 7,999,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrysda View Post
And...it was BO's stupidity that caused the undoing of Iraq's moving down the path of establishing their democracy. Isis would not be there if BO had not been so very stupid.
In 2008 Iraq's Democracy Index was awful, comparable to Pakistan, worse than Turkey, worse than Lebanon, vastly behind Israel, and scarcely better than Jordan or Kuwait. In 2014 Iraq's Democracy Index was...about the same as it was in 2008. The other great American democratic experiment in Afghanistan has consistently ranked among the worst in the world since it started.

In fact only two countries in the Muslim world since 2008 have made a great leap towards democracy: Tunisia and Kyrgyzstan, neither of which were even nudged by the United States in that direction.

No plausible mechanism has been posited whereby the presence of a few American troops would help democracy or prevent the rise of the likes of ISIS; indeed, Libya was assaulted by American forces more recently and intensely than Iraq was, yet Libya is swarming with terrorists and has a larger ISIS presence than just about any country. Terrorists related to and even part of ISIS itself are in Afghanistan, which still has U.S. troops, as does Iraq currently in all but name. Furthermore, it is very unlikely anything like ISIS would have arisen if the United States hadn't invaded and occupied Iraq, seeing as their leadership emerged from American prisons where they were abused by U.S. forces; ISIS is but the latest incarnation of blowback from U.S. interference in the Middle East, and one can only hope they're the worst that will come out of the American-made noxious stew in that part of the world. If the current war is escalated that will only intensify the conditions that cultivate such forces as ISIS, and indeed ISIS themselves know that and are eager for Americans to re-occupy the country to polarize the population, fan the flames of hatred and resentment, increase recruitment, and gain credibility in the Muslim public mind.

Old 04-15-2015, 01:42 PM

4,505 posts, read 4,617,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
ISIS Camp a Few Miles from Texas, Mexican Authorities Confirm - Judicial Watch

Wow, this is really surprising. I wonder how many we gave money to and relocated to US cities? I remember all those moonbats posting ISIS wouldn't try border crossings 😂😂
I'm not buying that story just yet. I've only seen it reported in conservative publications and websites. I need to also see it reported in mainstream and liberal publications and websites. Otherwise, I'm chalking it up to right wing fear mongering nonsense as another reason to hate Obama.

Old 04-15-2015, 01:44 PM

46,287 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
I'm not buying that story just yet. I've only seen it reported in conservative publications and websites. I need to also see it reported in mainstream and liberal publications and websites. Otherwise, I'm chalking it up to right wing fear mongering nonsense as another reason to hate Obama.
The FBI director has already stated they are in 49 states....who cares about mexico....

Old 04-15-2015, 01:49 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,465,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
The FBI director has already stated they are in 49 states....who cares about mexico....
He was talking about homegrown ISIS supporters.. mainly young men recruited on line.

Old 04-15-2015, 02:18 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
He was talking about homegrown ISIS supporters.. mainly young men recruited on line.
You'd think that you wouldn't have to explain that to people. But...

Anyway, there's ISIS in Mexico like there's an ice storm in Tahiti.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies