Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 06:55 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,801,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini-apple-less View Post
He's a hero, and deserves to be rewarded! He's a good American, IMO.
Yeah, reward him with free room and board for a few years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2015, 04:04 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Good. Go buy yourself a gyrocopter.........it sounds like you have a lot of messages to deliver !

Try living in some other country and then let's see how you feel about America.

Don
won't be long until this country is like other countries....poor and vulnerable.

Old 04-22-2015, 07:12 AM

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts on this subject

While most of you are right, he did do something that could have caused others to be hurt....
and he should be punished....but all in all, what I respect most in this man, is the fact, that he
regardless of what people would say about him, and otherwise, he remained true to his personal convictions....he believed in something and set out to prove it....fortunately no one got hurt, including him....

Today, we all sit back and complain, moan, about political issues, and say this or that...and grumble....but that is as far as it goes...many of us, have never even written our Congressmen, b/c I believe if we would, and they were hammered with snail mail and emails, of how upset we are with their decisions, things wouldn't be like they are today.

And that is what I admired in this man...he took those letters to the White House...however, did they read them? Probably not! And that to me, is sending the wrong message. They ought to publicly take off on this issue, and tell the nation what they intend to do, to change things...that this man definitely got his point across.

Old 04-22-2015, 07:16 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Thank you all for sharing your thoughts on this subject

While most of you are right, he did do something that could have caused others to be hurt....
and he should be punished....but all in all, what I respect most in this man, is the fact, that he
regardless of what people would say about him, and otherwise, he remained true to his personal convictions....he believed in something and set out to prove it....fortunately no one got hurt, including him....

Today, we all sit back and complain, moan, about political issues, and say this or that...and grumble....but that is as far as it goes...many of us, have never even written our Congressmen, b/c I believe if we would, and they were hammered with snail mail and emails, of how upset we are with their decisions, things wouldn't be like they are today.

And that is what I admired in this man...he took those letters to the White House...however, did they read them? Probably not! And that to me, is sending the wrong message. They ought to publicly take off on this issue, and tell the nation what they intend to do, to change things...that this man definitely got his point across.
They have no desire to do the things that they can do to change things for the better, we will complain and then line up to vote for them again.

Old 04-22-2015, 07:17 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,850,642 times
Take off on this issue? Perhaps that's what you would like... to many others, the issue is settled... finalized... DONE! Talking, moaning, complaining, and blah blah after you already lost on that issue... some people hold grudges on losing... surprise me that some people think holding grudges and doing something stupid is a good thing...

Old 04-22-2015, 07:23 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Take off on this issue? Perhaps that's what you would like... to many others, the issue is settled... finalized... DONE! Talking, moaning, complaining, and blah blah after you already lost on that issue... some people hold grudges on losing... surprise me that some people think holding grudges and doing something stupid is a good thing...
The article doesn't state what he wants. Campaign reform can be many different things. I've corrected people many times over their false interpretations of Citizen United (sometimes intentionally false) but that doesn't mean there aren't other things that can be done.

Old 04-22-2015, 07:28 AM

Quote:
have you ever tried writing your congress person...? Have you ever written the President a letter?
Have you ever organized a committee to do so?

I have on the first two questions, and am now probably on the FBI's most wanted list

but when people get angry and stick together, and do something about it, they will listen, b/c they're afraid of loosing their jobs....

It is high time, something changes, b/c we're paying them to do such a lousy job they are doing.....

and it's not just this administration, this has been going on for many many years.....

Old 04-22-2015, 07:37 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,850,642 times
The answer is YES... I have written to them... I have even called to their office but all I get is their aides who blow me off... Have I written the president...? No, look at who the President is and you will answer your own question, he cares for only HIS politics, not yours... He is one of the most divisive presidents to be sitting there... Organized a committee? You know who has time for committees? People who have nothing better to do, we all got important lives to live and families to take care of...

Old 04-22-2015, 08:42 AM

Quote:
The answer is YES... I have written to them... I have even called to their office but all I get is their aides who blow me off... Have I written the president...? No, look at who the President is and you will answer your own question, he cares for only HIS politics, not yours... He is one of the most divisive presidents to be sitting there... Organized a committee? You know who has time for committees? People who have nothing better to do, we all got important lives to live and families to take care of...
well, then, I need to thank you for all you have done, most people won't.....but again, I say, we've gotten to this point in time, b/c "we the people" have allowed it to happen.

Yanno, years ago, my dad said, "This country is getting so lazy, and weak, they are running to the government for everything, even to make their decisions, and that makes us weak and uneducated!" and he was right...he said, Pretty soon, the government will run everything and we will have no say....

right or wrong, there is no way the government should decide about gays....or abortion, those are human choices....and it's none of our business....and I certainly do not advocate any kind of violence b/c of it.
I'm just sayin......

We've got to rise up together and tell them, enough is enough, we're paying them to give how many millions to Iran????????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies