Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 06:48 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,378,325 times

Advertisements

Since this last president, and finding that almost 100 PERCENT of blacks voted for him for the simple fact that he had black skin I have vowed never in my life to ever vote for a person who is not like me, white Anglo-Saxon Protestant...(although admittedly I will vote for a person of Caucasian race period - Catholic, Irish, Italian, or whatever).

They made it crystal clear they are the most divisive bunch and I feel I have a duty to offset their side.

So in other words, Mr. Carson could have constructed a spaceship with his intelligence and I still would not vote for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2015, 06:51 PM

56,989 posts, read 35,116,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Listening to the video is enough. He is not a fan of Sharpton.

There is a reason we were taught to read (and listen) when I was young. Apparently these people can do neither. They read a headline (which is intended to attract attention) and they don't go beyond it. They don't listen, they don't hear, and they can't read either.
Again...he attended Sharpton's NAN event...and enjoyed himself. He said so. In fact, his appearance wasn't even controversial.

Now he's saying that he and Sharpton have the same goals. Kelly tried to get him to denigrate Sharpton and Carson would only go so far as to refuse to defend Sharpton.

Why does this anger you so much that a couple of brothers are chopping it up?

Old 04-17-2015, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
Since this last president, and finding that almost 100 PERCENT of blacks voted for him for the simple fact that he had black skin I have vowed never in my life to ever vote for a person who is not like me, white Anglo-Saxon Protestant...(although admittedly I will vote for a person of Caucasian race period - Catholic, Irish, Italian, or whatever).

They made it crystal clear they are the most divisive bunch and I feel I have a duty to offset their side.

So in other words, Mr. Carson could have constructed a spaceship with his intelligence and I still would not vote for him.
You can't offset us. Stop trying.

Old 04-17-2015, 07:55 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,631,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Sorry people, but the line "you won't get me to defend him" isn't making YOUR cases any better. It simply doesn't override the fact that he didn't attempt to OFFEND Sharpton either when Kelly basically tried to get him to do so.

"The same goals." He said it..not me. Don't try to play it off with some half hearted nonsense about him not defending Sharpton.

Not to mention that he accepted an invite from NAN and admittedly, he rather enjoyed it.
It5 becomes more and more obvious why you vote democrat, you don't understand what you read, or what you see, unless what your seeing is color.. That might be the only thing you do see...

Old 04-17-2015, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
It5 becomes more and more obvious why you vote democrat, you don't understand what you read, or what you see, unless what your seeing is color.. That might be the only thing you do see...
I can "see" that the number 5 is a poor substitute for the letter s in the word 'it's.'

Why is the new Sharpton/Carson friendship making y'all so mad? Lol

Old 04-17-2015, 08:36 PM

31,949 posts, read 14,955,784 times
If carson wants to be taken seriously then why would he even mention sharpton. No one can stand that man. How about he says he has the same goals as someone who people actually like.

Old 04-17-2015, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
If carson wants to be taken seriously then why would he even mention sharpton. No one can stand that man. How about he says he has the same goals as someone who people actually like.
Lol..so he should lie about it to make you feel better about him?

No one can stand Sharpton? Like whom? You?

Lots of people like Sharpton. You just hate the people that DO like him.

Old 04-17-2015, 09:00 PM

31,949 posts, read 14,955,784 times
Quote:
Lol..so he should lie about it to make you feel better about him?

No one can stand Sharpton? Like whom? You?

Lots of people like Sharpton. You just hate the people that DO like him.
I don't hate anyone much less people who like sharpton. And I bet if you took a poll in this country on who likes him.....the percentage would be very low. I don't even know why he's relevant.

Old 04-17-2015, 09:03 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,378,325 times
Quote:
You can't offset us. Stop trying.
Let's see....12 million versus 65 million.

Hmmmmm, I think you better look over your statistics again there.

Old 04-17-2015, 09:03 PM

30,227 posts, read 23,643,056 times
Quote:
Sorry people, but the line "you won't get me to defend him" isn't making YOUR cases any better. It simply doesn't override the fact that he didn't attempt to OFFEND Sharpton either when Kelly basically tried to get him to do so.

"The same goals." He said it..not me. Don't try to play it off with some half hearted nonsense about him not defending Sharpton.

Not to mention that he accepted an invite from NAN and admittedly, he rather enjoyed it.
So a Republican shows class and you think that's knee slappingly funny?

I pegged you for better than that.

And I already pointed out to you what Carson said. Yes, he said they have the same goals, but you are conveniently leaving out that he said they have different ways of reaching those goals. Sharpton is an instigator who loves nothing more than racial issues so he can swoop down and tell everyone what victims they are. Carson is saying, "no, actually, you have to take responsibility for your own life and stop blaming" your upbringing, the police in the area, your school, money, etc

Why are you leaving that part out? Doesn't fit your mantra?

To those asking to read what Carson said, I provided that link in my first post on the first page of this thread. No matter how desertdetroiter is trying to paint it, it doesn't mean what he thinks it means. Jokes on him, I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies