Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 10:10 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,175,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbenator View Post
Who did I quote?
We ain't brothers from another mother, father, cousin or anything else.

We're countrymen...And even THAT'S a stretch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
I would like to see a Nat Turner movie too, but not because of why you likely do. Nat Turner's revolt was the last time that black males demonstrated a shred of manhood. Nowadays all they do is whine, complain, and beg for handouts from the "oppressive" white man when thy aren't killing each other or assaulting whites. You have shown that you just like to see white people killed. Let a black man talk enough and they will always prove themselves to be angry and violent. At least black women act mostly civilized.
I like it when a Republican comes clean.

Keep it up.

Old 04-18-2015, 10:26 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,869,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Maude View Post
I suspect that most sex in historical times would be tantamount to rape measured in modern attitudes.
NO, Slaves didn't exactly have any power or choice.

That would generally mean rape in any time regardless of how you perceive it.

Old 04-19-2015, 04:54 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,752,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
NO, Slaves didn't exactly have any power or choice.

That would generally mean rape in any time regardless of how you perceive it.
Well, if you are going to call consensual sex between a slave and master "rape", then what will you call nonconsensual sex? Bad rape...? Real rape...?

Old 04-19-2015, 05:04 AM

15,064 posts, read 6,166,377 times
This is the strangest thread ever.

Old 04-19-2015, 06:29 AM

963 posts, read 689,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
We ain't brothers from another mother, father, cousin or anything else.

We're countrymen...And even THAT'S a stretch.

I like it when a Republican comes clean.

Keep it up.
You're right on both counts. Blacks ain't bros when they gun each other down over nothing at all.

And you'r right, we ain't countrymen as long as you haven arrived yet to the point of calling yourself AMERICAN. you see, I am an AMERICAN. I am nothing else. You are a AFRICAN...america. That's what you called yourself. So that's the way it really is my brother from another mother. (now that I know what gets your goat )

Old 04-19-2015, 06:45 AM

779 posts, read 927,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
13% of the population commits 50% of the crimes. How is that skewed?
No, it's not 13% percent of the population committing 50% of the crimes. A very small percentage of the African American community commit violent crimes (less than 1%), but as you've just demonstrated, all 13% percent of us are blamed for said crimes.... Perhaps you can explain why men of West European descent who are between 31-40 only make up about 15% of the population yet commit 61% percent of the rapes?........ There are definitely crimes that skew European American; rape, molestation, pedophilia, kidnapping, terrorism, etc....

The reason that the numbers are skewed, as I've already stated, is because most murders that go unsolved occur in predominately European American portions of the country. Not to mention that African Americans are targeted and profiled more often than European Americans. Take drugs for instance, European Americans are just as likely to do illegal drugs as African Americans and even more likely to have drugs on them when they're stopped by police, yet African Americans go to jail at a rate that's 4 times higher than European Americans for drug related offenses. The numbers will always remain skewed as long as we have racist police out there enforcing the law.

Old 04-19-2015, 06:49 AM

Quote:
You're right on both counts. Blacks ain't bros when they gun each other down over nothing at all.

And you'r right, we ain't countrymen as long as you haven arrived yet to the point of calling yourself AMERICAN. you see, I am an AMERICAN. I am nothing else. You are a AFRICAN...america. That's what you called yourself. So that's the way it really is my brother from another mother. (now that I know what gets your goat )
Umm, wasn't it just a few decades ago that Europeans were killing each other all of the world, and Italians were gunning each other down in the street? Europeans continue to start fake wars and kill innocent people... You guys' aren't saints by any stretch of the imagination.

And yes, you're European American. How are these guns continuing to get into the poorest parts of the country that just so happen to be minority based? Wherever there's corruption in the world, you can bet that West Europeans have something to do with it.

Old 04-19-2015, 06:55 AM

963 posts, read 689,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongNote View Post
Umm, wasn't it just a few decades ago that Europeans were killing each other all of the world, and Italians were gunning each other down in the street? Europeans continue to start fake wars and kill innocent people... You guys' aren't saints by any stretch of the imagination.

And yes, you're European American. How are these guns continuing to get into the poorest parts of the country that just so happen to be minority based? Wherever there's corruption in the world, you can bet that West Europeans have something to do with it.
I'm AMERICAN -- nothing more. I know that bothers you, but I'm an AMERICAN --apparently you're jealous because you can't say that. Whatever you call yourself, I suggest you go home among your real countrymen. THAT is the root of America's problem.

Old 04-19-2015, 07:03 AM

Quote:
I'm AMERICAN -- nothing more. I know that bothers you, but I'm an AMERICAN --apparently you're jealous because you can't say that. Whatever you call yourself, I suggest you go home among your real countrymen. THAT is the root of America's problem.
.... Ooooook. I'm actually working on dual citizenship. Your ancestry is European, your nationality is American. Therefore you're European American, try to let it soak in.

Old 04-19-2015, 07:04 AM

15,064 posts, read 6,166,377 times
Quote:
Anyone born in the U.S. is American. Unless you are part of one of the First Nations, you have no standing to tell anyone where to go. A person is a European-American if his or her ancestors came from Europe. Americans hyphenate all the time, Irish-American, German-American, Polish-American etc. The U.S. is seeped in cultures brought from Europe. Sorry...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.