Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 01:11 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Chipotle is a sit down restaurant, that has waiters/waitresses....

Unless you can tell us what McDs and Burger King sell alcohol...

Don't let facts get in your way....

Carry on copy cat....
That sounds like quite the fancy Chipotle you go to. Mine, you wait in line, pick your toppings, and they build your burrito in front of you as you go down the line. Then the cashier hands me my burrito as I pay her. No waiter takes my order and brings my burrito out to me.

Old 04-19-2015, 06:57 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
Has nothing to do with the issue at hand. If Subway did sell beer I would ask the guy at the counter for one when I order, just like I do at Chipoyle and take it to my table. Since when are the cons falling on their swords for the food service industry?

And its sad I cant even say this is the most pathetic argument you've made.
You could not answer my post, well, because you just could not...

Point being everyone is talking like chipotle is a subway...it's not....

It's amazing the lefties cannot see the difference....

Old 04-19-2015, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Yep....only if you have a ticket....

I'm sure people will buy a ticket just to drink a beer at a subway...

Old 04-19-2015, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by humptyfrumpty View Post
Mcdonalds in Paris sells beer. And not a plastic cup but a glass of beer
YOu also have to buy ketchup....but what the hell does this have to do with this thread...

You and dd must love each other....did you PM back and forth talking about me...exchanging pics of your privates....

Old 04-19-2015, 07:13 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,729,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by humptyfrumpty View Post
Only a redneck would say chipotle is a real restaurant. Nobody tips there except yahoos.
I tip pretty much anywhere that has a tip jar or place to write in a tip. Maybe people who whine about people needing to get paid more should start putting their money where their mouth is.

This thread wasn't necessary, but it's interesting to see how many libs on the thread are appalled at the thought of having to pull a few bucks out of their own pockets to tip low wage workers.

Old 04-19-2015, 07:24 AM

3,555 posts, read 4,095,872 times
Quote:

What is there to answer? You just don't tip. Why are you a sudden saint for food service employees? But we all know it has nothing to do with whether the employees should be tipped or not. Its laughingly pathetic.

Old 04-19-2015, 07:33 AM

15,865 posts, read 21,441,250 times
Quote:

Carry on copy cat....
Have you actually ever been to a Chipotle? Because I consider myself a Chipotle connoisseur and have yet to see a waiter. And yes, while one can sit-down in the restaurant, it is not a sit-down restaurant unless you also consider Subway or McDonalds a sit-down restaurant.

Old 04-19-2015, 07:39 AM

15,865 posts, read 21,441,250 times
Quote:

What is the difference?

At Subway, I go down the line and tell the person working there what I would like on my sandwich. At Chipotle, I go down the line and tell the person working there what I would like on my burrito bowl. At both, I pay the cashier at the end of the line and either go home or sit in the small dining room. If I sit down, I get my own drink, utensils, and napkins and clear my own table when I'm done. At no point is any staff member involved, except perhaps needing to lift up my feet as the person on janitorial duty sweeps up.

Is your issue that Chipotle has alcohol? Here's how that works: The cashier reaches behind him, grabs a beer out of the cooler that also holds bottled water and milk for kids, opens it up on a bottle opener on the counter, and hands it to you. You walk away and bring it to your table, where you then throw it away after you are done. Do you also tip for bottled water?

Now - how is any of that different than Subway or Five Guys or Moe's? Again - have you ever actually been to a Chipotle?

Note: That said, I always toss my change into the jar - just like I do at Dunkin Donuts when I'm just tipping for someone to pour me a cup full of iced coffee. It would not be appropriate to tip my normal 20-25% as I do for a sit-down restaurant because, news flash, it's not!

Old 04-19-2015, 07:40 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times
News flash, people don't usually tip at fast food restaurants.

Old 04-19-2015, 07:46 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:

Carry on copy cat....
The only fact here is that Chipotle is what you'd call a 5 star restaurant.

PS: I live in your head.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies