Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 01:36 PM

9,890 posts, read 10,821,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Ted Nugent.
The very first concert I ever went to 1974! Gold creek dome Woodinville WA.
I don't think you hear Ted crying about his audience abandoning him because of his outspoken views do you?
I suppose you could argue that most rockers are on the left, but I don't think Ted ever was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2015, 01:39 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
The very first concert I ever went to 1974! Gold creek dome Woodinville WA.
I don't think you hear Ted crying about his audience abandoning him because of his outspoken views do you?
I suppose you could argue that most rockers are on the left, but I don't think Ted ever was.
I think the argument was over internet arguments. About vitriol spewed an artists way because of their views.

Old 04-20-2015, 02:50 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,977,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I think the argument was over internet arguments. About vitriol spewed an artists way because of their views.
And Ted hasn't been the subject of that on progressive leftist sites?

Old 04-20-2015, 02:52 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
And Ted hasn't been the subject of that on progressive leftist sites?
Sure, that's why I pointed him out.

Old 04-20-2015, 02:53 PM

32,021 posts, read 36,777,542 times
It is a sad commentary that folks will quit listening to a guy's music because he supports protecting children.

Old 04-20-2015, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
It is a sad commentary that folks will quit listening to a guy's music because he supports protecting children.
I haven't seen anyone say they weren't going to listen to his music because "he supports protecting children". That must be your take on it. Reality, is people disappointed with a guy who is supporting gun control. Now if we were talking about green day or rem or whomever it would be a non issue. If you are an honest person you acknowledge that.

Old 04-20-2015, 03:49 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times
Quote:
Sandy Hook Promise Not Anti-Gun? Let

Now, to start with, you have to remember that the antis have decided that “gun control” is a losing term. We have successfully used the phrase “gun control: it’s not about guns, it’s about control,” and surveys show it’s sunk in.

So now they’re using the term “gun safety,” because who can be against safety?

•The group delivered petitions to New Jersey Governor Chris Cristie, urging him to sign legislation limiting magazines to 10 rounds in the Garden State
•SHP supported the draconian new gun laws in Connecticut
•SHP’s communications director appeared in an ad for anti-gun Connecticut Gov. Dan Malloy
•SHP was honored by the anti-gun New Yorkers Against Gun Violence
Kind of strange NRA talks about "gun safety" all the time and so do most gun owners. These people sure spend a lot of time chasing their tails.

Old 04-20-2015, 03:55 PM

32,021 posts, read 36,777,542 times
Quote:
I haven't seen anyone say they weren't going to listen to his music because "he supports protecting children". That must be your take on it. Reality, is people disappointed with a guy who is supporting gun control. Now if we were talking about green day or rem or whomever it would be a non issue. If you are an honest person you acknowledge that.
Well, he is quoted as saying he supports gun ownership, but that it comes with the responsibility for education and safety.

That doesn't sound like gun control to me.

Old 04-20-2015, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Well, he is quoted as saying he supports gun ownership, but that it comes with the responsibility for education and safety.

That doesn't sound like gun control to me.
Post #44
Sandy Hook Promise Not Anti-Gun? Let
Now, to start with, you have to remember that the antis have decided that “gun control” is a losing term. We have successfully used the phrase “gun control: it’s not about guns, it’s about control,” and surveys show it’s sunk in.

So now they’re using the term “gun safety,” because who can be against safety?

•The group delivered petitions to New Jersey Governor Chris Cristie, urging him to sign legislation limiting magazines to 10 rounds in the Garden State
•SHP supported the draconian new gun laws in Connecticut
•SHP’s communications director appeared in an ad for anti-gun Connecticut Gov. Dan Malloy
•SHP was honored by the anti-gun New Yorkers Against Gun Violence

Old 04-20-2015, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Kind of strange NRA talks about "gun safety" all the time and so do most gun owners. These people sure spend a lot of time chasing their tails.
From the link..."So if you see a group talking about gun safety that’s not the NRA or the NSSF, you should assume it’s anti-gun until proven otherwise".

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies