U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 08:53 PM

1,696 posts, read 3,058,089 times

Advertisements

Did anyone catch him throwing whatever was left of his credibility down the toilet today?

He said that he felt "liberated" by the Democratic victory because he was "tired of carrying water for people that don't deserve it". Basically, he admitted that he is full of crap and was saying anything to help keep Republicans in power.

Hopefully everyone will now see beyond the shadow of a doubt that he is a mere shock jock, not a reliable news source. Now if we can only get people to see the same thing about O'Reilly, Hannity, et al. Anyway, thanks Rush, for handing Missouri to the Democrats...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2006, 09:33 PM

311 posts, read 549,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb919 View Post
Did anyone catch him throwing whatever was left of his credibility down the toilet today?

He said that he felt "liberated" by the Democratic victory because he was "tired of carrying water for people that don't deserve it". Basically, he admitted that he is full of crap and was saying anything to help keep Republicans in power.

Hopefully everyone will now see beyond the shadow of a doubt that he is a mere shock jock, not a reliable news source. Now if we can only get people to see the same thing about O'Reilly, Hannity, et al. Anyway, thanks Rush, for handing Missouri to the Democrats...
Strange that you would credit Rush instead of MJF.

As for O'Reilly, Hannity, et al.....I believe Fox news has quite a following that you would have to convert. (I believe Fox was the most watched?) In order to convert this Fox news fan, you would have to convince me that Fox news is less reliable than the liberal channels. Unless they clean up there act, it will never happen!

Old 11-09-2006, 05:41 PM

454 posts, read 637,880 times
Quote:

MB!

I would have never imagined that you listened to Rush! Holy smokes your going to be a conservative before '08 at this rate.

Oh, BTW, Rush said that he is tired of carrying the conservative point of view when the Republican's abandoned those points or refused to stand strong in their beliefs. You see, the way in which you move an idea forward is to have the power to do so. The pathway for a conservative is through the GOP in the same way that the liberals need the DNC.

It was conservatives who helped get the GOP in power since 1980, and were sucessful in either the prez. election or the congress, well, let's count the years. 1980, 82, 84, 88, 92, 96, 98, 2000, 02, and 04. So, after 10 elections where the GOP was successful, saying to the conservatives that they were one of us, now they (our elected reps) seemed to lose their conservative voice. It was the conservative talk shows such as Rush's that carry that "water". Get it? Understand? You should. You probably felt the same way about the elections when the liberals kept loosing over an over and over.

As much as we conservatives wanted the GOP to win, this loss will hopefully be a wake-up call to the party. The GOP may be down, but the conservatives in America are alive and well. While election night was long and hard for our cause, I feel much the same way.

What I love is that John Kerry can say something wrong and his supporters have to restate what he "should have said" or "what was scripted" et. al.

Rush says what he says, no mistake about what he says, no script to follow... then the same people who ran to John Kerry's defense, twist what Rush says.

MB, if you don't listen to the man, don't just listen to the sound bites. You argument loses credibility.

Old 11-09-2006, 06:07 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,149,010 times
I was always a fan of GLENN BECK myself to bad most of the GOP lost the way I hope they tune into him and see where most of us stand.

Old 11-09-2006, 06:52 PM

148 posts, read 790,026 times
Default Shock Jocks

Quote:

I have no interest in these types of political shows. I've never watched a Rush Limbaugh program, and I have no intention of watching one.

So many die-hard Republicans are finally coming out of the closet admitting that this administration is a complete failure.

Z

Old 11-09-2006, 07:28 PM

13 posts, read 29,104 times
I think people are still pretty conservative, just look at all the ballot measures banning gay marriage,affimative action etc. These are all conservative issues.
And I think the republicans deserve what they got if they're not going to follow through with their "values" that they run on.

Old 11-09-2006, 08:42 PM

1,696 posts, read 3,058,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the dufferz View Post
MB!

I would have never imagined that you listened to Rush! Holy smokes your going to be a conservative before '08 at this rate.

Oh, BTW, Rush said that he is tired of carrying the conservative point of view when the Republican's abandoned those points or refused to stand strong in their beliefs. You see, the way in which you move an idea forward is to have the power to do so. The pathway for a conservative is through the GOP in the same way that the liberals need the DNC.

It was conservatives who helped get the GOP in power since 1980, and were sucessful in either the prez. election or the congress, well, let's count the years. 1980, 82, 84, 88, 92, 96, 98, 2000, 02, and 04. So, after 10 elections where the GOP was successful, saying to the conservatives that they were one of us, now they (our elected reps) seemed to lose their conservative voice. It was the conservative talk shows such as Rush's that carry that "water". Get it? Understand? You should. You probably felt the same way about the elections when the liberals kept loosing over an over and over.

As much as we conservatives wanted the GOP to win, this loss will hopefully be a wake-up call to the party. The GOP may be down, but the conservatives in America are alive and well. While election night was long and hard for our cause, I feel much the same way.

What I love is that John Kerry can say something wrong and his supporters have to restate what he "should have said" or "what was scripted" et. al.

Rush says what he says, no mistake about what he says, no script to follow... then the same people who ran to John Kerry's defense, twist what Rush says.

MB, if you don't listen to the man, don't just listen to the sound bites. You argument loses credibility.
Hehe... I watch/read the summaries on blogs that I like to visit. No red scare going on here.

The thing about being a BS artist is that you can't SAY that you BS- ever. You could be right about his overall point, but it does make one wonder when he's speaking his convictions and when he's just saying stuff to say stuff.

I think that the GOP needs to seriously reflect on who they are, and what they think conservatism really is. What they've become is not conservative at all. The party has gone too far to the right, and they are alienating many of the independents that Rove says didn't exist. Much of the rhetoric that I've seen and heard the last couple of days leads me to believe that the far right, neocon is still going to try to make itself a strong faction within the party, and I think that will prove to be a disastrous mistake.

And I know some people wonder why I harp on the media so much, and it's because I think they are basically neglecting their responsibility to our country to keep us well-informed, and they are doing much to poison political discourse. People like Limbaugh certainly have the right to say what they say, but there are so many of him on TV and radio that people forget that they are basically commentators, not journalists per se.

Old 11-09-2006, 08:48 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,149,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK yahoo View Post
I think people are still pretty conservative, just look at all the ballot measures banning gay marriage,affimative action etc. These are all conservative issues.
And I think the republicans deserve what they got if they're not going to follow through with their "values" that they run on.
unfortunetly I must agree they have gone to far to the right just like the dems went to far to the left and became liberal. what ever happend to the modreates of both parties.

Old 11-09-2006, 09:41 PM

454 posts, read 637,880 times
Quote:
Hehe... I watch/read the summaries on blogs that I like to visit. No red scare going on here.

I think that the GOP needs to seriously reflect on who they are, and what they think conservatism really is. What they've become is not conservative at all.
Like I say, you are fast becoming a conservative. You are so right (until you said they got too conservative).

What is a conservative?

-We believe in reducing taxes so that we can have more money.
-We believe that government should do less, people should do more.
-We believe in a strong defense
-We believe that the constitution is not a "living document" that changes with the time.
-We believe in families (that dreaded family value thingy).
-Independence not dependence.
-Freedom of religion
-We think political correctness is dangerous..
-we believe that a man and woman getting married is called "marriage" Anything else is... something else.

That is some of the basis for conservatism. That in my book is mainstream, not too far right.

Old 11-09-2006, 10:04 PM

311 posts, read 549,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelia View Post
I have no interest in these types of political shows. I've never watched a Rush Limbaugh program, and I have no intention of watching one.

So many die-hard Republicans are finally coming out of the closet admitting that this administration is a complete failure.

Z
I don't have to "come out of a closet" to admit that Bush has made mistakes. I know Bush and other Republicans have, its just the alternative that scares me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or