Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 02:43 PM

2,122 posts, read 3,685,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I thought the above when I initially saw this story, that since the former mayor was in office 37 years that the people who resigned were afraid that their corruption and probably theft would be found out.
Yep. It isn't the only bootheel town like this either. Unlike probably anyone else on this forum, I've actually been to Parma. It isn't about race, it is about corruption.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2015, 03:07 PM

468 posts, read 553,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
If they resigned because the new mayor is black then that is outrageous and truly shows what sorry people they are.

But if it is for other reasons, no problem. But I suspect it is the former, some people in small towns are like this. they think they can openly disrespect a black man in simply for and because they are black.
Oh christ give me a break. Again with the double standards for everyone but blacks. Blacks routinely disrespect just about anyone and everyone on a daily basis; it's practically their culture and all of us being the idiots that we apparently are have tolerated and encouraged it for decades. Like ridiculous entitled notions that dislike or disagreement with blacks equates to disrespect and thus racism.

Interesting that towns and cities that are majority non-black are somehow expected to (and do) elect a black leader at some point or else they are "racists and backwards" whilst majority black areas are fully expected to have their own kind or else they're being oppressed. I wonder how frequently do black-majority areas consider non-black candidates for their leaders, treating them with the same respect and viewing them with the same perception as they do with their black counterparts.

Meanwhile many other races fall over themselves in their attempts to praise blacks and go out of their way to elevate them to highest status amongst their groups, blindly taking disrespect, contempt and outright hatred that come with it.

Old 04-20-2015, 03:12 PM

468 posts, read 553,418 times
The title of this thread seems to be race taunting. That the evil non-black corruptors fled when the saintly moral black person arrived to fix everything is the tone I'm getting.

Old 04-20-2015, 03:21 PM

13,955 posts, read 5,621,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyCurious View Post
The title of this thread seems to be race taunting. That the evil non-black corruptors fled when the saintly moral black person arrived to fix everything is the tone I'm getting.
That's how it will be received by many, given that's the context for how it got reported. Also, critical thinking is almost as dead as Sanskrit, so people will go "because RACIST!!" before they ponder the whole "mayor for 37 years and right after you go all your boys go too?" corruption angle.

Old 04-20-2015, 03:22 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,662,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Welp, out with the trash. Regardless of the reason, they probably did her a favor.

The mayor can't singlehandedly change the city, so obviously plenty of the locals are a mess. Sorry!
You should check your sarcasm/irony meter.

Old 04-20-2015, 03:23 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,662,421 times
Quote:
Maybe they wanted to get out whilst before the town turns into a mess. Black politicians in the US don't exactly have a good history of leadership in towns and cities. After elected the town/city usually turns into a sh!th0le. If it's not a majority black area before, it slowly turns into one and then things start declining from there.

Old 04-20-2015, 03:23 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
From the article:

"She (the new mayor) said her first order of business will be to help clean up the city."

Looks like she already accomplished that without ever being sworn in.
Pretty much.

Old 04-20-2015, 03:25 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Oh christ give me a break. Again with the double standards for everyone but blacks. Blacks routinely disrespect just about anyone and everyone on a daily basis; it's practically their culture and all of us being the idiots that we apparently are have tolerated and encouraged it for decades. Like ridiculous entitled notions that dislike or disagreement with blacks equates to disrespect and thus racism.

Interesting that towns and cities that are majority non-black are somehow expected to (and do) elect a black leader at some point or else they are "racists and backwards" whilst majority black areas are fully expected to have their own kind or else they're being oppressed. I wonder how frequently do black-majority areas consider non-black candidates for their leaders, treating them with the same respect and viewing them with the same perception as they do with their black counterparts.

Meanwhile many other races fall over themselves in their attempts to praise blacks and go out of their way to elevate them to highest status amongst their groups, blindly taking disrespect, contempt and outright hatred that come with it.
Stop crying.

Old 04-20-2015, 03:38 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,708,302 times
Quote:
Maybe they wanted to get out whilst before the town turns into a mess. Black politicians in the US don't exactly have a good history of leadership in towns and cities. After elected the town/city usually turns into a sh!th0le. If it's not a majority black area before, it slowly turns into one and then things start declining from there.
I hope this is sarcasm. Just in case it isn't, though, as someone who grew up not too far from the area I'll just say that the previous mayor helped turn Parma into a hellhole just fine, and he was white - not to mention racist and corrupt. We all knew to avoid Parma growing up, because they were known for extorting money from out of towner's on trumped up charges.

Old 04-20-2015, 03:46 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,171,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionGap View Post
You should check your sarcasm/irony meter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies