Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2015, 05:37 PM

428 posts, read 344,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
No...the cat is/was not black.
He looks more Irish to me.
So who is the Champion of the Gingers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2015, 05:42 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,515,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
If most of these people only knew how their hamburger meat once used to be a sweet cow just roaming around minding her own business and then suddenly get captured and slaughtered in the most inhumane ways. But that's ok because it's not a "pet"...
It's not ok but that's a whole nuther thread.

Old 04-20-2015, 05:50 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,976,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
It's not ok but that's a whole nuther thread.
This is evocative of War of the Worlds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp8B4vSd6h0

Old 04-20-2015, 06:29 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,523,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
based on what I've read in various media comment sections, she'd be well advised to change her name and move to another country.
I can't believe anyone would defend her and call her "caring" if she'd do this to someone's pet cat. I hope she never works as a vet again. I wouldn't want her treating my cats.

Old 04-20-2015, 06:51 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,293,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
My comments are towards the entire pet owning population, not you specifically. By the way, I lock myself up in my home is done with my free will. Your dogs want to go out.
Actually, I have to drag my dog outside or bribe him with treats. He has created his own nest consisting of a dog bed, a pillow, and two blankets, and he never wants to leave it. Ever.

Old 04-20-2015, 07:05 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,704,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Yep! I have 2 cats, both I rescued as stray kittens! 1 showed up at my door, and the other was from a woman who brought her in to work in hopes of her getting a home. Well, she did! My home! I would never dream of letting my cats roam outside.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
I get the occasional wistful looks from my two feline American roommates, but my vet and I are in agreement that between pesticides on grass/flowers, dumbasses with bows, bored teenage miscreants, angry dogs, and of course, cars....my dynamic duo is much better off watching it all from my living room window, safe and sound in their plush kitty beds.

As a result, I've never had a cat live LESS than 14 years.

Nothing in the modern world of American suburbia is friendly to domesticated pets. So keep those dogs and cats safe and sound.
Our cats go out, but don't roam too far. Usually they stay in the yard. One is 13, the other almost 5.

Old 04-20-2015, 07:15 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,854,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
surprised there's no thread on this yet.

despite her talk of feral cats, there is evidence that the cat was a neighbor's pet.

Veterinarian posts FB photo of cat shot with arrow - CNN.com

"Austin County Sheriff Jack Brandes says his department has received calls and comments from around the world and are investigating. If they determine who shot the cat, that person will could animal cruelty charges.
Eyewitness News has learned she plans to meet with investigators next week with an attorney present."
Brenham vet fired over Facebook photo showing cat with arrow in head | abc13.com
Surprised there isn't a thread already? International firestorm because a cat was killed? On a scale of 1-100 on importance this is about a 4.
The economy is still bad, we're still in never ending wars in the Middle East and all that should take a back seat for a bit because a 4 legged creature was killed???

The sky isn't falling chicken little.

Old 04-20-2015, 07:23 PM

50,245 posts, read 47,005,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
It's disturbing when men do something like this, but it's even more disturbing from a woman, really disturbing!

I am sure her life just changed and she has know idea where to turn. The cat will have the last laugh, so sad a human thinks this way!

Even if it was a feral cat, no excuse!!
Well, if it was a neighbors she's an idiot but we used to have a SERIOUS feral cat problem on the farm. They are quite efficient killers and will knock off young chickens really often. We had to constantly call Fish and Game to come trap what we thought were Mink, but were feral cats killing everything. They also carry a lot of diseases and at least a few of our indoor/outdoor cats contracted diseases while fighting with them. Maybe she does or doesn't know what a feral cat looks like? They usually are covered in fleas and have skin problems like mange. Plus, most will run on sight from humans.

A friendly stray and a feral cat are not the same.

Old 04-20-2015, 07:33 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,976,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Well, if it was a neighbors she's an idiot but we used to have a SERIOUS feral cat problem on the farm. They are quite efficient killers and will knock off young chickens really often. We had to constantly call Fish and Game to come trap what we thought were Mink, but were feral cats killing everything. They also carry a lot of diseases and at least a few of our indoor/outdoor cats contracted diseases while fighting with them. Maybe she does or doesn't know what a feral cat looks like? They usually are covered in fleas and have skin problems like mange. Plus, most will run on sight from humans.

A friendly stray and a feral cat are not the same.
How would the law come down on a dog?

Old 04-20-2015, 07:44 PM

546 posts, read 408,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
So to both of you I ask do either of you donate money and or time for these trapping, spey and neuter programs? oh which by the way would need to include declawing to have any impact.

Is she a dumbass for her public display? I already answered that question.

Again my dog is not allowed to wander around our county legally and I would never allow it either.

You don't want your pets to end up dead keep them under control from a car or pissed off land owner then keep them locked up.

For the record I used to get paid by local farmers and ranchers to dispatch ground squirrels as a youth with my 22lr. It's how I honed my shooting skills and made money on the side as a teen.
My cats were always indoor cats. If I were sitting in the back yard, I would let them out with supervision. They weren't left outside alone.

My dogs are always leashed when away from home, with the exceptions of off-leash dog parks.

But people are human, accidents happen, pets get out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies