Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 08:50 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,825,728 times

Advertisements

Hmm, I thought all young people were liberal and love the gay movement?

Here is a passage:

Quote:
Students at a Pennsylvania high school held an “Anti-Gay Day” protest on Thursday, wearing coordinated flannel shirts, writing “anti-gay” on their hands, and sticking Bible verses on LGBT students’ lockers.
Another:
Quote:
roughly 50 students took part in a counter-protest on Thursday and Friday.
An Instagram photo:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/davidmack/mc...ay#.wy25bjNl2G

Also note this is in "Blue state" Pennsylvania- not a "Bible-belt red state" like Alabama.

Even though I think they have the right to their speech, I do not condone any bullying either, so nowhere in this post am I "anti-gay." I thought it would be interesting to discuss since people seem to think young people are all pro-gay and non-religious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2015, 09:19 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
I'm probably speaking out of turn but I sort of thought flannel shirts were popular with a segment of the lesbian community?

Old 04-20-2015, 09:24 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post

Here is a passage:

Another:

An Instagram photo:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/davidmack/mcguffey-high-antns2010.kvchosting.comi-gay-day#.wy25bjNl2G

Also note this is in "Blue state" Pennsylvania- not a "Bible-belt red state" like Alabama.

Even though I think they have the right to their speech, I do not condone any bullying either, so nowhere in this post am I "anti-gay." I thought it would be interesting to discuss since people seem to think young people are all pro-gay and non-religious.
But outside many of its big metro areas, much of Pennsylvania is as red as Oklahoma and Kansas.

Old 04-20-2015, 09:30 PM

2,761 posts, read 3,427,851 times
Quote:
“We came in to school on Thursday and found a lot of people wearing flannel and we couldn’t figure out why,” Zoe Johnson, a 16-year-old bisexual student at McGuffey High School in Claysville.
Quote:
The national Gay, Lesbian, and Straight Education Network (GLSEN) organized a “Day of Silence” around the United States on Friday.
I am sorry, but it does spell out to me that gays are recruiting kids at your local high-school.

Old 04-20-2015, 09:51 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
I am sorry, but it does spell out to me that gays are recruiting kids at your local high-school.
But if one is born straight, then the recruiting will fail.

Old 04-20-2015, 09:56 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post

Here is a passage:

Another:

An Instagram photo:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/davidmack/mc...ay#.wy25bjNl2G

I see they have not learned what it is to be a Christian, maybe when they grow up, or maybe not and we can look forward to their ranting's on the internet.

Old 04-20-2015, 09:58 PM

Quote:
No one can make you gay, you either are or are not, just as no one can make you a Christian, you either believe or you do not. The first group is not recruiting and the second one always is. Welcome to reality.

Old 04-20-2015, 10:02 PM

2,761 posts, read 3,427,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
No one can make you gay, you either are or are not, just as no one can make you a Christian, you either believe or you do not. The first group is not recruiting and the second one always is. Welcome to reality.
So why does a 16 year old kid needs to be Bisexual ? One day they have decided they are bisexual because it's cool.

Old 04-20-2015, 10:08 PM

Quote:
So why does a 16 year old kid needs to be Bisexual ? One day they have decided they are bisexual because it's cool.
Is it cool? The vast majority of straight and gay people would never consider having sex with someone that is not of the same leanings. But you are welcome to cross over and report back to us on the ins and outs of what it like to be something you are not.

Old 04-20-2015, 10:16 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Isn't it odd how in all other aspects of behavior humans are thought to be malleable. But sexual orientation is absolutely fixed at birth. You pop out straight, or gay, or bi, and that's it. You will never, ever change, no matter what environment you are placed in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies