Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 07:06 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,528,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Amazing how some of the same people who wish to combat global warming stating 97% of climate scientists believe man is responsible ignore the fact that 97+% of economists support liberalized trade.

Ricardo is still right.
You have a link to that right
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2015, 07:07 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,924,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
That is a strange comment. One, I am surprised Sen Warren would make. The deal is in negotiations and ALL of our elected Representatives have access to the specifics of the plans. I would have suspected Ms Warren would know how our form of Representative Govt works.
I think she knows better than most city-data posters.

Why is this such a priority right now? Why does it need to be "fast tracked"?
Why would no provisions or amendments be allowed?

Why was it written by Corporations with allegiance to no country on the planet?

Old 04-23-2015, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
Republicans don't go around campaigning for the "working class". We all know establishment republicans are for free trade.

Democrats are the ones who are suppose to be protecting the American worker. At least that's what they tell us anyway.

But the TpP has some nice immigration parts that seems nice. That 51 million immigrants these last eight years? That ain't nothing. Vote$
the 2 are not mutually exclusive. You can support the middle class and trade agreements.

Old 04-23-2015, 07:12 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
President Obama has never claimed to be against all trade deals
You know you are being dishonest here also. The most open administration in history. LOL

Old 04-23-2015, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You know you are being dishonest here also. The most open administration in history. LOL
How am I being dishonest? the argument put forth is that being anti trade deals were part of president Obama's set of ideals.

I have never heard him claim to be against all free trade, in fact this isnt even the first free trade agreement the President has negotiated. there for you were wrong.

So far, it seems the only one being dishonest here is you.

Old 04-23-2015, 07:20 AM

Quote:
How am I being dishonest? the argument put forth is that being anti trade deals were part of president Obama's set of ideals.
No it isn't and you know it.

Quote:
I have never heard him claim to be against all free trade, in fact this isnt even the first free trade agreement the President has negotiated. there for you were wrong.

So far, it seems the only one being dishonest here is you.
The most open administration in history. LOL

Old 04-23-2015, 07:27 AM

Quote:
No it isn't and you know it.
yes it is, you are the one who said it was part of his ideals to be against trade deals, here i will quote you.

Quote:
A set of ideas the president holds and he is the president. This is indeed her knocking the president.
At this point, im not sure if you are trolling, or honestly forgot that you typed that.

Quote:
The most open administration in history. LOL
Which has nothing to do with whether or not the President supports the idea of free trade, nor does you saying that back up your claims that this FTA is less transparent than previous ones.

Old 04-23-2015, 07:36 AM

Quote:
yes it is, you are the one who said it was part of his ideals to be against trade deals, here i will quote you.

At this point, im not sure if you are trolling, or honestly forgot that you typed that.
You knew very well I was talking about his statements about how his will be the most transparent administration in history. You are only making yourself look silly. You know the point here.

Quote:
Which has nothing to do with whether or not the President supports the idea of free trade, nor does you saying that back up your claims that this FTA is less transparent than previous ones.
It makes no difference if other ones were not transparent. What is important is this one isn't.

Old 04-23-2015, 07:56 AM

Quote:
You knew very well I was talking about his statements about how his will be the most transparent administration in history. You are only making yourself look silly. You know the point here.
you did not mention transparency anywhere in that discuss until after the fact. im not a mind reader so no, i didnt know you meant that.

i can only go by what you typed, not what is in your mind.

Quote:
It makes no difference if other ones were not transparent. What is important is this one isn't.
false premise. by your own words, he said most transparent in history . "Most", is a comparative word. So you are comparing his Presidency and transparency to past ones. So it does matter.

Old 04-23-2015, 07:59 AM

Quote:
you did not mention transparency anywhere in that discuss until after the fact. im not a mind reader so no, i didnt know you meant that.

i can only go by what you typed, not what is in your mind.
That is what Warren is complaining about. That is what the thread is about.

"The government doesn’t want you to read this massive new trade agreement. It’s top secret," Warren said in a statement on her website.

After Getting Called Out, Elizabeth Warren Accuses Obama Of Deliberately Hiding Trade Details

Quote:
false premise. by your own words, he said most transparent in history . "Most", is a comparative word. So you are comparing his Presidency and transparency to past ones. So it does matter.
Which he has failed at.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies