Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 07:51 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,859,543 times

Advertisements

Hopefully, someone else is starting Elizabeth Warren's car these days, because she's doing the right thing and making waves.

I don't think I could vote for her, but I love the fact that as a Democrat, she's willing to kick barack obama in his genitalia, for all to see. She knows what the rest of us KNOW -- barack obama is a pathological liar, so when he says "I love Elizabeth, but as far as TPP is concerned, she's wrong.", you know she's right.

"The government doesn’t want you to read this massive new trade agreement. It’s top secret," Warren said in a statement on her website. "Why? Here’s the real answer people have given me: 'We can’t make this deal public because if the American people saw what was in it, they would be opposed to it.'"

If the American people would be opposed to a trade agreement if they saw it, then that agreement should not become the law of the United States.

You can't read this | Elizabeth Warren for Senate

After Getting Called Out, Elizabeth Warren Accuses Obama Of Deliberately Hiding Trade Details

What's interesting is that when you Google "Elizabeth Warren and TPP", you will find no links from NBC, CBS, or ABC on the first two pages. And yet there are still those that say that the MSM is not biased....yeah, right.

Of course, Hillary was for TPP when she was in the obama administration, but now, even Hillary -- who also knows that barack obama is a pathologica liar -- is backing off from that stance.

The last time the cockroach in the Blight House did a backroom deal, the abortion known as Obamacare was born. One thing is certain -- barack obama cannot be trusted to tell the truth on this. Period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2015, 07:59 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
My local senator Wyden is one of the folks responsible for TPP being fast tracked. His facebook page has gone completely bonkers. He posts a pretty picture or talks about another topic, and 90% of the comments are about TPP, and him trying to distract from it.

Warrens right on this. TPP is not something we want or need. Hillaries past support of it is indicative of whom she works for, and her backing away from it is indicative of her being able to respond to polling data, not her ability to lead.

Old 04-22-2015, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
My local senator Wyden is one of the folks responsible for TPP being fast tracked. His facebook page has gone completely bonkers. He posts a pretty picture or talks about another topic, and 90% of the comments are about TPP, and him trying to distract from it.

Warrens right on this. TPP is not something we want or need. Hillaries past support of it is indicative of whom she works for, and her backing away from it is indicative of her being able to respond to polling data, not her ability to lead.
I just looked at his page, and you're right -- it's hilarious. He posted something about Earth Day, and all the comments are about TPP. Serves him right.

I do give Warren a lot of credit -- she's really telling it like it is about this, and Obama is having to play defense as a result of it.

The first clue something is really amiss with TPP is that the Republicans are siding with Obama, and a fair amount of Democrats are really against this. Politics does indeed make strange bedfellows.

"When you hear folks make a lot of suggestions about how bad this trade deal is, when you dig into the facts, they are wrong," Obama said. "I would not be putting this forward if I was not absolutely certain that this was gonna be good for American workers," Obama said, noting that virtually everything he had done since coming into office had been to help the middle class.

Hopefully Congress does the right thing and just kills this off. But the only people equally as untrustworthy as Obama is, of course, Congress.

Old 04-22-2015, 08:14 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
I hope she is able make a difference here.

Old 04-22-2015, 08:19 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,960,029 times
Warren seems to be the only politician so far that is Pro American.
All the others are $sellouts$ that will sell their soul to the devil over this country if it means more money in they and their cronies pockets

Old 04-22-2015, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I hope she is able make a difference here.
I hope so. I hope that people are waking up to this, and reaching out to their Congress critters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
Warren seems to be the only politician so far that is Pro American.
All the others are $sellouts$ that will sell their soul to the devil over this country if it means more money in they and their cronies pockets

My thoughts exactly. She seems like the only person that is putting the needs of her constituents ahead of the needs of crony capitalism.

Old 04-22-2015, 08:57 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,553 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:

Thats happens on the page of every US senator.

Old 04-22-2015, 08:59 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,553 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
Hopefully, someone else is starting Elizabeth Warren's car these days, because she's doing the right thing and making waves.

I don't think I could vote for her, but I love the fact that as a Democrat, she's willing to kick barack obama in his genitalia, for all to see. She knows what the rest of us KNOW -- barack obama is a pathological liar, so when he says "I love Elizabeth, but as far as TPP is concerned, she's wrong.", you know she's right.

"The government doesn’t want you to read this massive new trade agreement. It’s top secret," Warren said in a statement on her website. "Why? Here’s the real answer people have given me: 'We can’t make this deal public because if the American people saw what was in it, they would be opposed to it.'"

If the American people would be opposed to a trade agreement if they saw it, then that agreement should not become the law of the United States.

You can't read this | Elizabeth Warren for Senate

After Getting Called Out, Elizabeth Warren Accuses Obama Of Deliberately Hiding Trade Details

What's interesting is that when you Google "Elizabeth Warren and TPP", you will find no links from NBC, CBS, or ABC on the first two pages. And yet there are still those that say that the MSM is not biased....yeah, right.

Of course, Hillary was for TPP when she was in the obama administration, but now, even Hillary -- who also knows that barack obama is a pathologica liar -- is backing off from that stance.

The last time the cockroach in the Blight House did a backroom deal, the abortion known as Obamacare was born. One thing is certain -- barack obama cannot be trusted to tell the truth on this. Period.
This has nothing to do with trust of President Obama,because there are plenty of Republicans who support this. It has to do with a set of ideals.

Old 04-22-2015, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
This has nothing to do with trust of President Obama,because there are plenty of Republicans who support this. It has to do with a set of ideals.
It has everything to do with the fact that Obama is completely untrustworthy. He's a pathological liar, with a long track record for all to see. He's the one that's trying to pitch this as a great idea, and Elizabeth Warren knows that he's a liar.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 04-23-2015 at 06:01 AM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 04-22-2015, 09:45 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,602,920 times
Quote:

Wyden, one of the leaders of the left wing of the Democratic Party in the Senate, flip flopped on the TPP. So I can understand the disappointment of many of his supporters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies