Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2015, 08:35 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Yes, you can make a useless blanket statement. You have the right to make useless posts.
The statement was a sales tax would end the arguments. You then note that the lower classes would get exemptions. With exemptions the arguments start all over. Politicians start promising more and more for votes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2015, 08:39 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Why don't you? Seriously all you do here in your reply is make baseless statements.
You made the claim. Back it up with facts. Or is it a baseless claim with no facts to back it up?

Old 04-24-2015, 08:49 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,401,995 times
Quote:
You made the claim. Back it up with facts. Or is it a baseless claim with no facts to back it up?
You don't accept facts either. Once the facts are presented, you will discredit the source.

No one wishes to play the game of endless goal post moving.

Old 04-24-2015, 08:50 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
You don't accept facts either. Once the facts are presented, you will discredit the source.

No one wishes to play the game of endless goal post moving.
Nice deflection from somebody who refuses to post the facts.

Old 04-24-2015, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So you expect the US to expand our benefits to the poor, thorugh things like ACA, but dont expect us to expand our tax base in order to pay for it.

How exactly do you think we should fund all of these giveaways? I want an actual answer.
The same we we fund the Military and government pensions;

The Federal government issues an order to the banks to increase the value of the checking accounts of the party in question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
The European countries seem to have no problem charging higher taxes to those who benefit the most from government-provided services.
Correct. Europe is more fiscally conservative than America. Blame the freaking queen.

Old 04-24-2015, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Nice deflection from somebody who refuses to post the facts.
There is no point in posting facts for right-wingers.

Old 04-24-2015, 09:10 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:
I made factual based posts in 103, 114, with data backing it up. your response? Opinions, and nonsense. You literally post nothing BUT that.

Your request for facts? Some of the links demonstrate that, and COMMON SENSE tells you that.

So, I provided links with facts about the tax burden, etc....you provide?

you've made an extraordinary claim, I've asked you for proof. Its not unreasonable. But you dont want to do that because why? Ahhh..because you can't prove it.

Old 04-24-2015, 09:31 PM

78,329 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
They went for Kansas because Kansas has recently had some massive cuts in taxes to the rich followed up b increased taxation on the poor when their budget blew up despite thier assertions that it would not based on conservative math.
But the point is that they are still only 9th....and a bunch of blue states have worse regressive taxation. (If the numbers are accurate...waaaaaait for it.)

Also, and I only mention this because 95% of the posters here are too stupid to think about things like this......there appears to be no adjustment for charitable donations which would likely be higher in some states than others.

Major charitable donations by uber rich individuals could readily explain why Kansas and Washington (um Bill Gates anyone) may get low rankings. A Billion dollar gates donation alone to something like HIV in Africa could single-handedly drop Washington a Loooooooong way.

Not exactly fair huh?

In short, I personally oppose regressive taxes like sales tax on food. That I 100% oppose.

However, this entire argument, study and subsequent claims further reinforces my opinion of this thread. We have a lot of relatively uneducated, unintelligent posters here playing with numbers like a chimp plays with an enrichment object in it's enclosure. The big problem though is that they think they are right, they are reinforced by their fellow chimps and they hoot and grunt for more chimps to join in.

Freakin' chimptastic.

Old 04-24-2015, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
But the point is that they are still only 9th....and a bunch of blue states have worse regressive taxation. (If the numbers are accurate...waaaaaait for it.)

Also, and I only mention this because 95% of the posters here are too stupid to think about things like this......there appears to be no adjustment for charitable donations which would likely be higher in some states than others.

Major charitable donations by uber rich individuals could readily explain why Kansas and Washington (um Bill Gates anyone) may get low rankings. A Billion dollar gates donation alone to something like HIV in Africa could single-handedly drop Washington a Loooooooong way.

Not exactly fair huh?

In short, I personally oppose regressive taxes like sales tax on food. That I 100% oppose.

However, this entire argument, study and subsequent claims further reinforces my opinion of this thread. We have a lot of relatively uneducated, unintelligent posters here playing with numbers like a chimp plays with an enrichment object in it's enclosure. The big problem though is that they think they are right, they are reinforced by their fellow chimps and they hoot and grunt for more chimps to join in.

Freakin' chimptastic.

No, the point was that flat income taxes and sales taxes are regressive, and Kansas wants to move to sales taxes and less income tax. They aren't currently the most regressive, but they seek to be.

Old 04-25-2015, 06:06 AM

88,970 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Sigh. No I have not. Yes they ARE in fact very different. your effective tax rate as stated by you is 33.4% federal. I plugged that into a tax calculator, which is how I came up with 750K for income to get a 33.4% effective rate-and made the worst assumptions single, head of household. you came back with the 1% comment, etc.
Well, there you go. You made unfounded assumptions.

That's why no one takes you seriously. You don't debate with facts (because if you did it would quickly become apparent that your "opinion" has no merit whatsoever, which several posters have proven time and time again), you debate with your opinions and unfounded assumptions.

THINK; don't emote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies