Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2015, 04:36 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,992,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Said by Republicans everywhere who will also never nominate a Republican.
Stop embarassing yourself by making stupid ass racist comments that not only are completely false, but has been proven as such through history..
Quote:
And considering you're the one that said "white racism" you are the perfect example of why that will never happen.
yes because white racism, cant possibly exist..

Please, I dated someone black for 20+ years, the amount of hate they had for white people was astounding
Quote:
Yep. You're definitely a Republican.
Not sure how this response is appropriate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2015, 04:39 PM

15,594 posts, read 10,338,024 times
Quote:
I answered the OP. You may not like the answer, you may not like what most everyone sees about the Republican Party, but I answered the OP's question.

It's funny to hear someone complain about identity politics when members of their own party are whining about white racism. Other than Obama, all presidents have been white men even though they are only 31% of the US population.
I expect such rhetoric from people who vote for candidates based on their skin color or gender.

Old 04-24-2015, 04:39 PM

Quote:
I answered the OP. You may not like the answer, you may not like what most everyone sees about the Republican Party, but I answered the OP's question.

It's funny to hear someone complain about identity politics when members of their own party are whining about white racism. Other than Obama, all presidents have been white men even though they are only 31% of the US population.
Your answer is complete hogwash..

To proclaim that 65% of the elected officials are white men due to racism, is nonsense, without taking into consideration what percentage of those running are white men.

if 99% of the candidates are white men, then clearly a high percentage of those elected are going to be not only white, but also men.

I know you cant comprehend this, it involves 2nd grade math..

Old 04-24-2015, 04:40 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,321,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
This is a serious question. In 50 years, when thinking Americans, political scientists and historians look back on the two terms of President Barack Obama, will they conclude that racism was the primary motivating factor in the continued obstructionism of a Republican House and Senate?

I understand that the GOP wants this President (and by extension, much of America) to fail, I get that. I also understand that the GOP represents the richest 1% of America, as well as corporations and their shareholders, both of which contain the wealthiest white Americans.

I am not asking about those who vote Republican, whether or not they are racist is immaterial, I am talking about the Republican membership of the 111th, 112th, 113th and 114th United States Congress.

Considering they have put forth little reason to be overwhelmingly obstructionist during the Presidency of the United States first African-American President, someone who has bent over backwards to appease Republicans, will history view the overwhelmingly white, older, male membership of the GOP as racist? Will President Obama breaking the color barrier, and the irrational level of opposition faced in doing so, be attributed to a Jim Crow level of disdain for this nations first black President?

Or will this opposition to President Obama be rationalized as something else in 2066?
awsdf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reagan
The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.

Old 04-24-2015, 04:41 PM

30,740 posts, read 21,872,773 times
Rebublicans seem to have no problems voting for Blacks as long as they are 'Republican' Unfortunately, Many Democrats automatically call Black Republicans Uncle Toms, sell outs or worse.

I think it's great that more and more Gen Xers, Millenials, Hispanics, and Catholics are declaring themselves Independant.

Section 9: Trends in Party Affiliation | Pew Research Center for the People and the Press

Old 04-24-2015, 04:43 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,668,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Stop embarassing yourself by making stupid ass racist comments that not only are completely false, but has been proven as such through history..

You're general failing accusation is meaningless. Saying something is false without backing it up is nothing more than pouting "Oh yeah?"

yes because white racism, cant possibly exist..

White racism is the new Republican meme. It's laughable but I definitely think you should keep using it. I want every Republican candidate to get on stage and scream about white racism. Every day.

Please, I dated someone black for 20+ years, the amount of hate they had for white people was astounding

You dated them for 20 years. Are you sure you weren't the cause? I mean, I don't know, it was your relationship but...it sure sounds like it.

Not sure how this response is appropriate
I'm not sure how it's inappropriate.

Old 04-24-2015, 04:45 PM

Quote:
I'm not sure how it's inappropriate.
Your the one making false claims that Republicans dont ever nominate minorities. Throughout history Republicans have lead the way while the Democrats have opposed blacks.

KKK was started by Democrats for gods sake..

Old 04-24-2015, 04:45 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,809,484 times
I'm thinking history will attribute the last vestige of the federal republic to the obstruction of Harry Reid

Old 04-24-2015, 04:47 PM

16,403 posts, read 8,482,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
This is a serious question.
No it isn't a serious question except to liberals who cannot accept that Obama is a failed president not because he is black, instead because his beliefs and attempted policies stink.

Rest assured if he were conservative, most of what he wanted to get done would have passed the (R) controlled House.
Of course then the (D) controlled Senate would have been "obstructing him".
One wonders if you would be posing a "serious question" as to whether (D's) were holding on to the last vestiges of racism since they were obstructing the first black president?

`

Old 04-24-2015, 04:52 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,668,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Rebublicans seem to have no problems voting for Blacks as long as they are 'Republican' Unfortunately, Many Democrats automatically call Black Republicans Uncle Toms, sell outs or worse.

I think it's great that more and more Gen Xers, Millenials, Hispanics, and Catholics are declaring themselves Independant.

Section 9: Trends in Party Affiliation | Pew Research Center for the People and the Press
They will not nominate a black presidential candidate. A handful in small positions is fine for optics though.

Look how they treated Michael Steele as RNC Chairman. He was chosen in response to Obama and they could not get rid of him fast enough. The guy barely lasted two years and was quickly replaced by Reince Preibus who's been RNC chairman ever since.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies