Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 03:19 PM

1,733 posts, read 948,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
Did you ever consider that the reason why GOP members oppose Obama is because THEY ARE REPUBLICANS AND HE IS A DEMOCRAT? THEY ARE CONSERVATIVES AND HE IS A LIBERAL?

My thoughts exactly- you beat me to it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2015, 03:20 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,647,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
The first clue is that the multitudes of left wing bloggers, posters, and trolls have taken to referring to Ted Cruz as "Rafael." He has self-ID'ed as Ted for years, and I learned at an early age that one way to show respect towards others is to call them by the name they prefer. When a new employee comes on board where I work, I always ask them what they 'go by.'

The only reason I can guess at for this phenomenon is that it is supposed to underscore his Hispanic heritage, It would seem that the last name of 'Cruz' would be a tipoff that Ted Cruz is Hispanic, but who knows what goes on inside he brain of a liberal....

Ted Cruz graduated from Harvard Law School and was named by liberal prof Alan Dershowitz as one of his brightest students ever.
Liberal Prof Dershowitz: Cruz was “Off the Charts Brilliant”

He is clearly a serious person and serious candidate for 2016, yet he is getting great grief from the left. Is it due to his ethnicity? Are they that violently opposed to a first Hispanic President? I don't really know, but no other theory seems to fit the facts.

No I think thinking people oppose Ted Cruz because he is an idiot, not because of his ethnic heritage, whatever that may be.

Old 04-26-2015, 05:52 PM

62,930 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
No I think thinking people oppose Ted Cruz because he is an idiot, not because of his ethnic heritage, whatever that may be.
Same thing goes for those who oppose Obama. Pot, kettle, black.

Old 04-26-2015, 06:08 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,765,371 times
Quote:
The first clue is that the multitudes of left wing bloggers, posters, and trolls have taken to referring to Ted Cruz as "Rafael." He has self-ID'ed as Ted for years, and I learned at an early age that one way to show respect towards others is to call them by the name they prefer. When a new employee comes on board where I work, I always ask them what they 'go by.'

The only reason I can guess at for this phenomenon is that it is supposed to underscore his Hispanic heritage, It would seem that the last name of 'Cruz' would be a tipoff that Ted Cruz is Hispanic, but who knows what goes on inside he brain of a liberal....

Ted Cruz graduated from Harvard Law School and was named by liberal prof Alan Dershowitz as one of his brightest students ever.

He is clearly a serious person and serious candidate for 2016, yet he is getting great grief from the left. Is it due to his ethnicity? Are they that violently opposed to a first Hispanic President? I don't really know, but no other theory seems to fit the facts.
Why don't you ask Ted Cruz if he is Hispanic and see what he tells you?

His ethnicity? He's white. That's why he's such a great "Hispanic" candidate for Republicans. Same with Rubio.

Ted Cruz is in it to take care of Ted Cruz.

Old 04-26-2015, 06:40 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,356,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post

His ethnicity? He's white. That's why he's such a great "Hispanic" candidate for Republicans. Same with Rubio.

Ted Cruz is in it to take care of Ted Cruz.
LMAO, a conservative Republican cannot possibly be anything other than white, by definition. Is that it? I don't have Ted in the adjacent cubicle or even on speed dial, so unfortunately I have no way to ask him and see what he tells me.

I do know that he got upset and fired off a letter when the NYT questioned his Hispanicness (so to speak), so I'm guessing that he would affirm that, yes, he is Hispanic.
Ted Cruz's office: New York Times op-ed mocked Hispanic identity - Lucy McCalmont - POLITICO

I find amusing the contortions liberals will go through to maintain their advantage of identity politics. We saw it with the Martin-Zimmerman case where the left called Zimmerman a 'white hispanic' in order to maintain their narrative. It turned out that GZ was part black.
Why did New York Times call George Zimmerman ‘white Hispanic’? - Erik Wemple - The Washington Post

Cruz is clearly in it to press his ideological agenda. Why else would a guy with a Harvard law degree, who has argued multiple times before the Supreme Court, subject himself to the slings and arrows that come with running as a far right conservative for prez? If he was just in it for himself, he would have taken his law degree to Wall Street or K Street, made a 7 figure income, and lived happily ever after.

Old 04-26-2015, 07:06 PM

2,686 posts, read 1,770,484 times
Quote:

By that definition, Barack Obama should be considered as white.

Old 04-26-2015, 07:09 PM

78,366 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:

Probably, but what can you expect?

We all learned back during the 2008 primary that Hillary supporters were racists. Or at least that was what we were repeatedly told.

Just gotta love when that meme swings back around and smacks people like a boomerang.

Old 04-26-2015, 07:10 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,357,274 times
Quote:
"Hispanic" is a race. It's a culture.

Liberals don't like Cruz because he's a Teabag wing nut, not because he's Hispanic.

Old 04-26-2015, 07:12 PM

3,850 posts, read 2,226,099 times
Quote:
Logic?

Ted Cruz is not of mixed race. He might be half Cuban and half American, but he is ALL white - only of European descent.

Old 04-26-2015, 07:22 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,300,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Which still doesn't address the fact that most people who aren't political junkies don't equate Cruz with Hispanics. He has not self-identified as such, nor has he made his ethnicity a part of his public image. Whereas it's not possible to look at the president and not know he is black. Which is why this thread is a big fail.
How would people not equate a man with a Hispanic last name with being Hispanic? How does Cruz not look Hispanic? He is Ted Cruz and some other Hispanic guy. Look the same to me pretty much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
No I think thinking people oppose Barack Obama because he is an idiot, not because of his racial heritage, whatever that may be.

Quote:
His ethnicity? He's white. That's why he's such a great "Hispanic" candidate for Republicans.
Cruz's ethnicity is Hispanic, his race is white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
What the hell is next? Are we racist because we don't support Allen West and Herman Cain? Or maybe you can babble about how sexist it is of us to not support Ann Coulter or Sarah Palin
You are racist because of how you have treated Allen West, Herman Cain, Ben Carson, Jason Riley, Raffi Williams, Clarence Thomas, Thomas Sowell, Clarence Page, Larry Elder, Walter Williams, JC Watts, Alan Keyes, Michael Steele, Janice Rogers Brown, Miguel Estrada, Alberto Gonzalez, Ward Connerly, Ken Hamlin, Roy Innis, Ken Blackwell, Charles Paine, Crystal Wright, Armstrong Williams, Condoleezza Rice and Colin Powell...... to name a few.

You are sexist because of how you have treated Ann Coulter, Sarah Palin, Michelle Rhee, Michelle Malkin, Tammy Bruce, Condoleezza Rice, Laura Ingraham, Kathryn Lopez, Linda Chavez, Jan Brewer, Catherine Engelbrecht, Meg Whitman, Peggy Noonan, Carly Fiorina, Elisabeth Hasselback, Michelle Bachman, Nancy Reagan and the Bush twins.... to name a few.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies