Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 10:42 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,919,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Being A Republican Is Now More Shocking Than "Transgender" » Louder With Crowder

Following the interview, a backlash began on Twitter from numerous people, mostly liberals. Some saying, he had my support up until he said he's republican. But of course, the outrage was more vile than Ill post here.

Typical liberalism. They will throw ANYONE to the wolves who doesn't fall lock step with their agenda. Look at what they're doing to the gay people who met with Cruz. They're destroying them.

Seems to me, more and more everyday, it is liberals who are being exposed for the ones who are not accepting. The ones who are intolerant.
Did you watch the show or did you get your info from someone else? I find secondhand information to be unreliable.
Personally I did not watch the show, as the topic does not interest me and find it odd that someone would be willing to discuss something so personal with some "news" personality.

Old 04-27-2015, 10:48 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,914,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficCory View Post
And...that's OK right?
Of course. I find it commendable that the Republican party is leading the way as far as LGBT acceptance in our society is concerned. Republicans have really come a long way, and I wouldn't be surprised if we see many red states legalize gay marriage in 2015.

Old 04-27-2015, 10:54 AM

68,308 posts, read 54,295,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Of course. I find it commendable that the Republican party is leading the way as far as LGBT acceptance in our society is concerned. Republicans have really come a long way, and I wouldn't be surprised if we see many red states legalize gay marriage in 2015.
By golly, WELCOME! to the 20th Century GOP!

Only one more to go.

Old 04-27-2015, 10:57 AM

77,012 posts, read 47,557,912 times
Quote:
Being a Republican is Now More Shocking than being Transgendered....
I find that hard t believe considering that fact that the guy has been all over the media for being a "woman", but I have not heard anything about his party affiliation.

Old 04-27-2015, 11:36 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,043,387 times
How DARE he!
Hope he's not tea party... if so he is SO getting audited!

Old 04-27-2015, 11:58 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,088,746 times
I'm fairly certain the shock came from someone who identifies as transgendered saying they were a Republican, as the social conservative views many Republicans have would usually not be too accepting of Jenner being a transgender.

Old 04-27-2015, 11:59 AM

13,338 posts, read 9,921,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Being A Republican Is Now More Shocking Than "Transgender" » Louder With Crowder

Following the interview, a backlash began on Twitter from numerous people, mostly liberals. Some saying, he had my support up until he said he's republican. But of course, the outrage was more vile than Ill post here.

Typical liberalism. They will throw ANYONE to the wolves who doesn't fall lock step with their agenda. Look at what they're doing to the gay people who met with Cruz. They're destroying them.

Seems to me, more and more everyday, it is liberals who are being exposed for the ones who are not accepting. The ones who are intolerant.
The majority of comments are jokes, you know - "I don't mind if he's transgendered but I draw the line at him coming out as a Republican..". It's funny. But that's okay, I don't expect you to get it. Humor is obviously not a strength over there on the very right.

Old 04-27-2015, 12:12 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,366,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post

Sarcasm noted...because here's the map of States legislating against those rights being touted by GOP supporters as not really what the party is all about! LOL and SMH

At least 22 states have laws that critics say could limit LGBT rights
https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/NwB...mits_map.0.png

Here's the map indicating protections for LGBT rights..Note which states shown here are Democratic Party controlled~~

19 states protect LGBT workers from discrimination
https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/_px...tections.0.png

Old 04-27-2015, 12:13 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,762,164 times
It's kinda like those two or three black people who support racists like Rand Paul. It's their right to do so, but lots of folks think it's sad and ****ed up when people support political candidates/parties who are trying to take away their rights.

Old 04-27-2015, 12:16 PM

698 posts, read 586,744 times
A transgendered Republican is like a member of the Jewish Ghetto Police.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies