Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2015, 08:35 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Are you arguing that Benanke is right or that you cant use google ?
Bernanke was wrong in everything he did and then was re-appointed where he continued being wrong.

Old 04-26-2015, 08:37 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
In 2006 there was unprecedented job growth. Maybe you were too young.

im old enough to know that you used the word unprecedented wrong, and that job growth did not keep up with the unemployment rate in those month.

U6 spiked .5% between November and January.

if U6 jumped that much within a month these days, you would be flipping your lid.

Old 04-26-2015, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Bernanke was wrong in everything he did and then was re-appointed where he continued being wrong.
So then what was your point ? did I at some point in this conversation say I though Bernanke was right ?

Old 04-26-2015, 08:39 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Several police shootings in the USA. There have been similar cases in metro Atlanta. Interestingly, there have been no riots. Riots have occurred in Baltimore and Ferguson. It hasn't happened in Atlanta, or neighboring DeKalb County. It would be interesting to know why this is. Last I checked, Atlanta proper is majority Black. So is DeKalb County. There have been some issues with police brutality over there. However, not nearly the amount of histrionics as in Baltimore and greater St. Louis. Some histrionics took place after the Ferguson verdict. However, there wasn't nearly the amount of violent behavior as in Ferguson itself. Two police shootings have taken place in the Atlanta area. No rioting has taken place.

Old 04-26-2015, 08:42 PM

Quote:
So then what was your point ? did I at some point in this conversation say I though Bernanke was right ?
What is wrong is the idea that the problems were because of the (D)'s or the (R)'s. It was because of both of them.

Old 04-26-2015, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Several police shootings in the USA. There have been similar cases in metro Atlanta. Interestingly, there have been no riots. Riots have occurred in Baltimore and Ferguson. It hasn't happened in Atlanta, or neighboring DeKalb County. It would be interesting to know why this is. Last I checked, Atlanta proper is majority Black. So is DeKalb County. There have been some issues with police brutality over there. However, not nearly the amount of histrionics as in Baltimore and greater St. Louis. Some histrionics took place after the Ferguson verdict. However, there wasn't nearly the amount of violent behavior as in Ferguson itself. Two police shootings have taken place in the Atlanta area. No rioting has taken place.
It's going to happen. Until this week one could say it hasn't happened in Baltimore. It hasn't happened anywhere until it does.

Old 04-26-2015, 08:45 PM

Quote:
What is wrong is the idea that the problems were because of the (D)'s or the (R)'s. It was because of both of them.
Thats a fine argument to make( which has nothing to do with Bernanke, but what ever), It should have been directed at the person who started this string withing the thread. here I will quote it for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
I blame them on Obama.

Freddy came of age during the Obama administration and never held a real job. He lived on a settlement check.

Friends and neighbors remember Freddie Gray: He

If Obama had created some shovel ready jobs, this man would have been at work rather than carrying a switchblade knife while running from cops patrolling an open air drug marketplace.

Old 04-26-2015, 08:48 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
It's going to happen. Until this week one could say it hasn't happened in Baltimore. It hasn't happened anywhere until it does.
It didn't even happen after an elderly woman was killed by the police some years ago. It is important to wonder what is going on with Atlanta vs what goes on with Baltimore.

Old 04-26-2015, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
It didn't even happen after an elderly woman was killed by the police some years ago. It is important to wonder what is going on with Atlanta vs what goes on with Baltimore.
This wasn't the first person to get the snot beat out of them in the back seat of a police car in Baltimore either. People are finally having enough of it.

Old 04-26-2015, 08:58 PM

2,686 posts, read 1,771,021 times
Quote:
Thats a fine argument to make( which has nothing to do with Bernanke, but what ever), It should have been directed at the person who started this string withing the thread. here I will quote it for you.
If I criticize Obama it does not mean that I am praising the GOP. I am on record in this forum as being critical of both major parties. Democracy exists to inhibit change,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies