Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 10:08 PM

32,606 posts, read 77,287,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
You mean all gays aren't like those guys on "America's Next Top Model"?!!!!! OMyGawd!!!!! You mean you all aren't like Miss Jay?!!!!

Seriously, you know something I would like to understand? Why is it that the nicest straightest gay men always seem to go for the gay men who are over the top? I know one who is the nicest sweetest guy you could meet. His most recent mate is a 50+ year old guy with tight plantinum blond curls who wears things like pink spandex shorts that show is navel and his butt cheeks. He's FLAMING -- and in a really HOT way! But I have to ask: Why? The other guy is pretty much just a normal guy. Why would he pick someone so over the top?! Curious what you think...
I've also noticed that phenomenon, but I buck the trend as my current boyfriend is who I like to call my "Beloved Brooklyn Bulldog." LOL! He's actually butcher than I am, so that makes me the "girl" I suppose. Personally, my best guess is that perhaps the ones who act the straightest are also the ones who feel the most "guilt" about being born the way they were and try to assimilate into society the best way they can by dating guys that act like women. Personally, I'm not attracted to feminine guys at all; give me a rugged cowboy over a flamboyant fashion designer anyday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2006, 10:54 AM

1,022 posts, read 3,466,540 times
[quote=ScrantonWilkesBarre;227836]Leave gay people OUT of this

Liberal and Gay are 2 diifrent things. I'm A true Conservative, Not a modern 1. I have a few Gay friends that are conservatives as well. PPL tend to think of States like Mass when they think liberal and gay. Me and most my friends think gays should have The same rights as Married couples with the exception of adoption, and getting Married. But all for Civil Unions. I just think Stating that gays can marry will force churches to have them in a church, And I don't agree with that. Not because Gays don't belong in church they need saving just like the rest of us. But because it should be up to that religion on who they marry in there church not the gov. And as far as adoption I just don't like the Idea of 2 guys or 2 women raising a child not due to them not having the ability, but due to most children in school not being ready for it. Yes in some areas they are. But the vast majority are not. NO child should be subject to the Mental teasing and bullying by the other children due to there parents. As much as we would like to think it doesn't happen or it can be corrected, at this present point in history we are not ready for it. And it is not something that could be corrected for our gen. Unfrotunetly. But to say all gays are liberals is not correct. There is a huge diffrence between a Liberal, a Dem, and a Rep. Liberals are Dems gone to far. Just like Neo-cons are Rep. gone to far. Unfortunetly for you gays are a hot topic in politics so til the ppl in charge wave a wand and make the world unite under 1 party lol we all must accept ppl for who and what they are. And those that don't S***w them they are liberals or neo-cons LOL. The world would be better of with neither.

Old 12-24-2006, 01:11 PM

1,697 posts, read 3,471,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyandMarried View Post
As soon as Democrats stop treating 'the poor terrorists' with kid gloves they might win an election.
Two things about this:

One- the Democrats DID just win an election.

Two- A country/society is no better than how it treats its prisoners. I find it appalling that torture is even part of our national discourse, and so should anyone that ever considered America to be the moral standard-bearer of the world. Because we certainly aren't anymore.

Old 12-24-2006, 01:36 PM

1,469 posts, read 4,483,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb919 View Post
Two things about this:

One- the Democrats DID just win an election.

Two- A country/society is no better than how it treats its prisoners. I find it appalling that torture is even part of our national discourse, and so should anyone that ever considered America to be the moral standard-bearer of the world. Because we certainly aren't anymore.

The big problem with this country any more is, people worry more about bring PC than what it takes some times for the country to survive. When you're fighting a war some times things have to be done that we're not proud of for survival. If a war ever happens here on Americam Soil, a lot of people will have a much different outlook than the way they think now.Trust me on that, I hope these people never have to find out the hard way.

Old 12-24-2006, 01:43 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,326,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuterdu View Post
My stomach hurts from laughing so much!
It is funny. Isn't it?

Old 12-24-2006, 11:45 PM

[quote=nhyrnut;228401]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrantonWilkesBarre View Post
Leave gay people OUT of this

Liberal and Gay are 2 diifrent things. I'm A true Conservative, Not a modern 1. I have a few Gay friends that are conservatives as well. PPL tend to think of States like Mass when they think liberal and gay. Me and most my friends think gays should have The same rights as Married couples with the exception of adoption, and getting Married. But all for Civil Unions. I just think Stating that gays can marry will force churches to have them in a church, And I don't agree with that. Not because Gays don't belong in church they need saving just like the rest of us. But because it should be up to that religion on who they marry in there church not the gov. And as far as adoption I just don't like the Idea of 2 guys or 2 women raising a child not due to them not having the ability, but due to most children in school not being ready for it. Yes in some areas they are. But the vast majority are not. NO child should be subject to the Mental teasing and bullying by the other children due to there parents. As much as we would like to think it doesn't happen or it can be corrected, at this present point in history we are not ready for it. And it is not something that could be corrected for our gen. Unfrotunetly. But to say all gays are liberals is not correct. There is a huge diffrence between a Liberal, a Dem, and a Rep. Liberals are Dems gone to far. Just like Neo-cons are Rep. gone to far. Unfortunetly for you gays are a hot topic in politics so til the ppl in charge wave a wand and make the world unite under 1 party lol we all must accept ppl for who and what they are. And those that don't S***w them they are liberals or neo-cons LOL. The world would be better of with neither.

Very well said. I agree with you entirely. I just didn't appreciate the initial post because it obviously painted homosexuals in a very negative light. I'm actually a Conservative Democrat, if that makes any sense in this polarized nation of ours. I oppose abortion, as I don't think a doctor and a woman should be the two people to decide whether or not an unborn human being has the right to be born or "terminated", and I also don't support gay marriage for the simple fact that the GLBT community needs to take "baby steps" in pushing for equality instead of their current "in your face" type of attitudes that are, admittedly, angering a lot of Conservative Republicans. First, GLBT people need to convince the rest of the nation that we're mostly good-natured, amiable, productive members of society by reaching out to others through good deeds. Once straight people are willing to view us as "equals" for the positive contributions we make to society, they'll be more willing to let us have same-sex partner benefits in the workplace, have "family" priviledges should an emergency arise, and perhaps, eventually, let us have legally-recognized unions.

As of right now, the image most straight Americans have of GLBT members is quite negative---one of pedophile priests, corrupt Republican politicians who prey upon their "pages", the AIDS outbreak of the 1980s, feminism, weakness, etc. We need to work first to prove ourselves as being worthy of equality before demanding equality. We're not going to get anywhere in this nation until we manage to first melt the thick barriers surrounding peoples' hearts. Once most American straights are willing to say "Hey, we're not so different after all", THEN we can work to try to make our nation's legal system more equitable for the GLBT community.

Old 12-26-2006, 04:22 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,466,540 times
[quote=ScrantonWilkesBarre;229016]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhyrnut View Post

Very well said. I agree with you entirely. I just didn't appreciate the initial post because it obviously painted homosexuals in a very negative light. I'm actually a Conservative Democrat, if that makes any sense in this polarized nation of ours. I oppose abortion, as I don't think a doctor and a woman should be the two people to decide whether or not an unborn human being has the right to be born or "terminated", and I also don't support gay marriage for the simple fact that the GLBT community needs to take "baby steps" in pushing for equality instead of their current "in your face" type of attitudes that are, admittedly, angering a lot of Conservative Republicans. First, GLBT people need to convince the rest of the nation that we're mostly good-natured, amiable, productive members of society by reaching out to others through good deeds. Once straight people are willing to view us as "equals" for the positive contributions we make to society, they'll be more willing to let us have same-sex partner benefits in the workplace, have "family" priviledges should an emergency arise, and perhaps, eventually, let us have legally-recognized unions.

As of right now, the image most straight Americans have of GLBT members is quite negative---one of pedophile priests, corrupt Republican politicians who prey upon their "pages", the AIDS outbreak of the 1980s, feminism, weakness, etc. We need to work first to prove ourselves as being worthy of equality before demanding equality. We're not going to get anywhere in this nation until we manage to first melt the thick barriers surrounding peoples' hearts. Once most American straights are willing to say "Hey, we're not so different after all", THEN we can work to try to make our nation's legal system more equitable for the GLBT community.
I'm sorry that wasn't my intent at all, to Paint homosexuals in a neg. manner. I was just Trying to make a point about politics and society in genral. No offence ment at all. After rereading the post I honestly don't see where it would be offencive, But I am sorry if it offended you in any way.

Old 12-26-2006, 10:48 PM

[quote=nhyrnut;230632]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrantonWilkesBarre View Post

I'm sorry that wasn't my intent at all, to Paint homosexuals in a neg. manner. I was just Trying to make a point about politics and society in genral. No offence ment at all. After rereading the post I honestly don't see where it would be offencive, But I am sorry if it offended you in any way.
No, no, no! I didn't take offense to your message in any way, shape, or form; I actually agreed with you 100%. The message I found offensive was the comment about homosexual doctors killing babies or something of the sort that someone else posted. What I hate is that everyone tends to equate Liberal to "evil", and they lump homosexuals together with things like abortion and terrorism, as if me being born the way I was caused the deaths of unborn fetuses or the 9/11 tragedy.

Old 05-20-2007, 06:00 PM

31 posts, read 115,935 times
Like powerful countries before it, the USA is on its way out. What lives, dies. The Greeks, Romans, British. The people get rich, fat, lazy, ignorant, then fall. I hope the fall isn't deadly.

Old 05-21-2007, 12:17 PM

5,110 posts, read 7,110,507 times
Quote:
Tomorrow you're all going to wake up in a brave new world. A world where the Constitution gets trampled by an army of terrorist clones, created in a stem-cell research lab run by homosexual doctors who sterilize their instruments over burning american flags. Thanks for nothing.

Oh, wow, now's that even more uniformed than the usual wingnut posts around here.

Too funny.

Last edited by Yac; 05-23-2007 at 05:50 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies