Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2015, 08:08 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
What whites did centuries ago is why I exist in the here and now typing on a computer.....so what whites have done has everything to do with my existence and cannot be revoked, just to debunk your claim. No, I am also not saying that two wrongs make a right. What I am saying is that black bad behavior does not have a damn thing to do with the root cause of why the larger society does not accept blacks, because white society did not accept blacks when all the bad behavior was coming from whites against blacks.

Whites have been, metaphorically, skunks, historically. So don't try to blame your dislike and ill treatment of us on the smell you left with us.
You say us white people are basically skunks. Really? Seriously? Tell THAT to the Blacks in Africa who SOLD other Black people as slaves to the whites way back when.

In 2015: the REAL skunks in the Black community are the hood rats because they, like the KKK back in the day, the rats WANT to keep the Black man down. Don't pin that on us, please.

Old 05-01-2015, 08:11 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,704,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
You make argument that present day Blacks suffer and lack ability to get ahead because of what Whites did 150+ years ago. i.e. Black success is dependent upon White decision. This is a comment that someone, who considers themselves "sub - human" would make.
Right....and take note that you are the one doing such. Show me where I said that the damage being done to blacks from white racism ended 150 years ago. You said that.

Quote:
You can't have it both ways.Your posts are so contradictory, as the above proves, they are self debunking. It's a common fault when someone argues "opinion" as a fact.
Obviously you cannot grasp which way I have it, because you cannot even properly quote or paraphrase an argument that I have made. You are arguing against yourself and the straw man you create.

Old 05-01-2015, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
You say us white people are basically skunks. Really? Seriously? Tell THAT to the Blacks in Africa who SOLD other Black people as slaves to the whites way back when.

In 2015: the REAL skunks in the Black community are the hood rats because they, like the KKK back in the day, the rats WANT to keep the Black man down. Don't pin that on us, please.
No....I used the metaphor of white racism as being like a skunk that sprayed black people and left it with a bad smell.

blacks oppressed blacks = true. Whites oppressed whites = true. Whites oppressed blacks = true. Blacks oppressed whites = false. Oppression subtracts from a group of people in order add to another group of people. Blacks oppressing blacks produces no net gain for blacks. Whites oppressing whites produces no net gain for whites. The socioeconomic racial inequality in America is due to the fact that whites oppressed blacks (and Natives) and blacks and natives have not oppressed whites. Thus, whites experienced a NET GAIN for whites, from this oppression, while blacks and Natives suffered a net loss.

Now demonstrate to me that I am lying. If you cannot demonstrate that I am lying or that my logic is flawed......everything you have to say is just obfuscation and deflection from this truth that makes you uncomfortable.

Old 05-01-2015, 08:21 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,434,654 times
Quote:

blacks oppressed blacks = true. Whites oppressed whites = true. Whites oppressed blacks = true. Blacks oppressed whites = false. Oppression subtracts from a group of people in order add to another group of people. Blacks oppressing blacks produces no net gain for blacks. Whites oppressing whites produces no net gain for whites. The socioeconomic racial inequality in America is due to the fact that whites oppressed blacks (and Natives) and blacks and natives have not oppressed whites. Thus, whites experienced a NET GAIN for whites, from this oppression, while blacks and Natives suffered a net loss.
And your way of correcting the imbalance would be.....?

Old 05-01-2015, 08:30 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,884,808 times
Quote:
The socioeconomic racial inequality in America is due to the fact that whites oppressed blacks (and Natives) and blacks and natives have not oppressed whites. Thus, whites experienced a NET GAIN for whites, from this oppression, while blacks and Natives suffered a net loss.
You are assuming an economic fixed pie. Total economic output is reduced when any group is oppressed. We do not know how many technological advances were delayed or never occurred due to blacks not being able to compete on an even playing field. All you can say for a certainty is that whites were better off than blacks under the racist system. You cannot argue with any degree of certainty there was a net gain for whites.

Old 05-01-2015, 08:33 AM

1,346 posts, read 3,075,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
In other words, they feel that being treated "like everyone else" is a right, not a privilege.
I'm no bleeding heart liberal, by any stretch of the imagination, but it kind of is a right. Being human makes it a right.

I believe what 'they' are 'saying' is that all these killings of black men by cops lately wouldn't have occurred if the perps were white. And they probably wouldn't have. It's a problem. Not sure what the solution is, but it is a problem.

Old 05-01-2015, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
You are assuming an economic fixed pie. Total economic output is reduced when any group is oppressed. We do not know how many technological advances were delayed or never occurred due to blacks not being able to compete on an even playing field. All you can say for a certainty is that whites were better off than blacks under the racist system. You cannot argue with any degree of certainty there was a net gain for whites.
Does not matter if the pie is dynamic or static, if one group is allowed to continually take more than their fair share, by denying others their fair share, it produces the same net gain and loss, in group accounting .

Old 05-01-2015, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claud605 View Post
I'm no bleeding heart liberal, by any stretch of the imagination, but it kind of is a right. Being human makes it a right.

I believe what 'they' are 'saying' is that all these killings of black men by cops lately wouldn't have occurred if the perps were white. And they probably wouldn't have. It's a problem. Not sure what the solution is, but it is a problem.
It would help if you related that to specific cases. Whites do get killed by cops, and the killings are not always justified.

By the same token, a lot of blacks are killed by cops in justifiable self-defense.

Why can't people stop jumping to conclusions and wait until all the investigations are completed before condemning the police?

Does "innocent until proven guilty" not apply to the police?

Old 05-01-2015, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Does not matter if the pie is dynamic or static, if one group is allowed to continually take more than their fair share, by denying others their fair share, it produces the same net gain and loss, in group accounting .
Still waiting for your proposed solution.

Old 05-01-2015, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Still waiting for your proposed solution.
Naw....I'm good..... with keeping the focus on what the problem is. When I find someone who is sincerely looking for solutions on how they can help......I will have that conversation with them then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies