Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2015, 02:01 PM

2,485 posts, read 2,218,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
The only solution I can see is whites doing more to get to know blacks on an individual basis. Economic improvement and social justice can only be built on a foundation of friendship.

Other minority groups don't seem to care whether whites like and accept them or not. And whites treat each other with indifference.

But after a legacy of slavery and oppression, whites bear a special responsibility to open their hearts to blacks in this country. And not just for the sake of blacks, but for the sake of whites as well.

I think all these things can and will happen over the long term. But not quickly enough for many.
Give me a break. The millennial generation face enormous student loans and a lifetime of underemployment. They need to worry about putting food on the table for themselves. From now on, no one is going to open their hearts to strangers. It's nice to dream about a fantasy but let's at least be realistic. This country's history cannot be faced with mindless riots. These riots do not solve any problems. Feel free to justify and play light on these riots and you will make it even worse

Old 05-01-2015, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
you cannot open your hearts to drug addicts, and people who don't care about themselves, their kids, or the property of others....

I've been an advocate of MLK, and when the riots took place in CA, it was extremely disturbing....made me sick...you have people who are black, begging these gangs to stop the riots...period....

they are making things bad for themselves....you cannot help people that won't be helped....

and for many years now, America has tried so hard to help the blacks....giving them more opportunities for jobs, for black businesses, for welfare, etc.....

I mean whites are now the minority....how is that right....it used to be the Best man for the job...no more....and that is Americas downfall.....we give, and they want more....

If the rioting blacks would stop and work, and do something with their lives, maybe it would get better, but all they do, is want more hand outs....and it's nuts, and believe me, I've said this many times, I have friends in the Corporate world that are black and they are wonderful outstanding educated workers....and they are in all phases of life. The didn't moan and groan and blame everyone else for their lives, they got up and worked hard, put themselves thru school, and succeeded....

A lot of people have it rough, even whites.....so, I'm sorry, another excuse....

as long as blacks continue to demand, to whine, riot, and then tell call whites racists, there will be a race problem. I'm sorry, but that is the truth...get out of that kind of life, and live a respectable life....
the blacks who are begging the riots to stop, and they aren't even listening to them...they are respectable human beings, contributing to the betterment of their communities and our country. Gosh darn it anyway, it's an easy fix....

Things are way better then they were back in the 1800, and it may take another 50 - 100 years, but the quicker they pull themselves out of ghetto life, and become working class citizens, the better this world will be....

You can give so much and then after a while, you get real tired of someone taking and not giving back.

You can feel sorry for someone only so long, and if that person doesn't try, well then, its their fault.

I'm not saying blacks don't have it tough, what I'm saying is, the blacks I know, are wonderful people....
hard working people, they don't ask for handouts, they work very hard....and they are their for their kids.

How many black woman have kids single, in this day and age????? Why are they doing this....? I don't get it? And then they don't care about the kids...they leave them run the streets, get into drugs....and then want to complain and want more welfare....how many black women get into real fist fights in front of their kids....my Gosh, when will it stop...why would anyone want that kind of woman for the mother of their children?

You've got to give back, before you receive....and there isn't anyone that cannot make it happen.

I've seen a lot of white cops care for black people and kids, and do nice things for them....but that never gets talked about, and how bout all the black cops out there that try to help, but they don't get any praise, they're cops....their on the wrong side...and with that kind of attitude, you expect things to change?

How bout those kids that run up to people and punch them out....oh, that's a real upstanding member of society....

I mean, come on, the law is the law, and regardless if it is fair or not, its there and you've got to respect it or pay a consequence.....

I'm sorry but there are tons of people in our U.S. that need help and don't ask for it....b/c they work hard, and that includes a whole lot of fine upstanding black people.

I have a black minister who is out there all the time, trying to help get people off of drugs, and getting them jobs....

But you have to want it, otherwise, it won't happen and if you do, your whole life will turn around....and change will come to you.
Why would anyone in their right mind want to become a cop? Look. You are automatically an oppressor if you're a cop in the eyes of the Democrats unless you beat up tea party people. And the Republicans are rapidly try to take away your benefits so that you will die in an old house

Old 05-01-2015, 02:21 PM

8,632 posts, read 13,000,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Has something happened to you in your life? I recall you having typical Black liberal views. You know Blacks are victims of White supremacy etc.
You must have mistakenly me for a different poster. I've been pretty critical of the Democratic Party for years. I do remember you that were known for making outlandish statements on the Africa forum a while back but I won't go deep on that subject.

Old 05-01-2015, 02:22 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
I love black people, the problem I have with the black community is that being an educated black man is viewed by most of the black community as being a sell out/Uncle Tom/ and think that mentality is dead wrong and has to stop. What is so wrong with wanting better for yourself and your family.
Just had to lol at this one!

Being an educated black man in the "black community" especially with a good job will net you a flock of black women wanting to be with you most of the time and not the Uncle Tom monicker....just saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Has something happened to you in your life? I recall you having typical Black liberal views. You know Blacks are victims of White supremacy etc.
Just wanted to mention that many white liberals do not believe that the system of white supremacy exists so I don't see how it is considered a "liberal view."

Most white liberals I have come across via community/volunteer work don't like my own take on the system of white supremacy and especially on how they are a part of it for placing an inferiority label on black people (example - white teacher saying "I'll give little Jamal a pass on his reading. He tries so hard. Even though he can't read it like little Jimmy, I'll give him an A because he has a rough life" - meaning they think black kids are inherently inferior to other kids and can't accomplish the same goals. I really got on some nerves with that one once at a PTO meeting lol).

Old 05-01-2015, 02:25 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post

Being an educated black man in the "black community" especially with a good job will net you a flock of black women wanting to be with you most of the time and not the Uncle Tom monicker....just saying.

Just wanted to mention that many white liberals do not believe that the system of white supremacy exists so I don't see how it is considered a "liberal view."

Most white liberals I have come across via community/volunteer work don't like my own take on the system of white supremacy and especially on how they are a part of it for placing an inferiority label on black people (example - white teacher saying "I'll give little Jamal a pass on his reading. He tries so hard. Even though he can't read it like little Jimmy, I'll give him an A because he has a rough life" - meaning they think black kids are inherently inferior to other kids and can't accomplish the same goals. I really got on some nerves with that one once at a PTO meeting lol).
Yeah, but consider what would have happened if little Jamal had gotten handed a failure instead......oooopsy!

Old 05-01-2015, 02:38 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post

Gwilly is Black though, at least I thought. We used to have exchanges in the Africa forum. I guess i assumed he was a liberal because he'd always spew some afrocentrist nonsense. Could be wrong though.

Old 05-01-2015, 03:31 PM

21,476 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Blacks in Africa had slaves and sold them to Arabs and Europeans.

Please stop with the pity party.

Whites did not get ALL their wealth from slavery. And most whites in this country are descended from people who weren't even in this country during slavery. Another large percentage was not in the south.

Now you have welfare, section-8 housing, free school breakfasts, free school lunches (even during the summer in California), affirmative action racial preferences, etc. You are permanently stuck in a victim/entitlement mentality. My own feeling is all the welfare and preferences should be cut off and cops should simply de-police the ghettos and let them riot and burn and destroy all they want. Maybe then, personal responsibility will start to take root. It's not happening now, that's for sure.
So your contention is that all the welfare has created a dependent class, but the solution is to remove it after creating generational poverty and dependence? Sounds very harsh to me. Personally, I do feel that welfare traps people in poverty, but the solution isn't to pull the rug out from under them abruptly. It's to get them training and more job creation, which neither party is doing. In fact, they're both working hard to continue bringing people to this country to compete for the jobs available, while the really good manufacturing jobs that didn't require college degrees are being sent overseas. Neither party is doing anything about that either.

Old 05-01-2015, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
So your contention is that all the welfare has created a dependent class, but the solution is to remove it after creating generational poverty and dependence? Sounds very harsh to me. Personally, I do feel that welfare traps people in poverty, but the solution isn't to pull the rug out from under them abruptly. It's to get them training and more job creation, which neither party is doing. In fact, they're both working hard to continue bringing people to this country to compete for the jobs available, while the really good manufacturing jobs that didn't require college degrees are being sent overseas. Neither party is doing anything about that either.
Well I would still say that it's the people who don't stand up for these intetests. If African americans want these jobs and if they recognize what you say, then they should convey that to the politicians and the public. What's their stance on immigration? If you don't figure these things out, then you are just leaving the power to politicians and leaving money on the table.

Old 05-01-2015, 03:52 PM

3,007 posts, read 6,287,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
In a perfect world your plan would be great but we all know as long as Blacks vote overwhelming Democratic, almost all of your steps will never happen in be America. Too many Blacks have been brainwashed into having loyalty to the Democratic Party. While the Democratic Party is certainly not the only factor keeping Blacks oppressed, it certainly plays a significant part in it. There are too many Uncle Toms in high positions that help keep White Supremacy alive. You have too also take into account the psychological effects Blacks have gone through since slavery. High levels of mistrusts within the Black community is largely rooted in slavery. I will say that Black unity was strengthened post civil war era only because we had no choice but to work together due to racial segregation and Jim Crow laws. It is possible for Blacks to try and overcome this oppressive system but the realistic scenario is that it will never happen. As long as the beneficiaries keep the system alive, it will never change unless there is another American revolution but I don't see that happening.

As far as non violent protests are concerned, how did that work out for Dr. Martin Luther King again?
Last time I checked he was violently killed.
Gwilly, thanks for responding--a good sign.

Democrats: I agree will each of your comments above. The Dem party has absolutely failed the Black community. You could not have written a more complete script for destruction while coming out looking like heroes. This does not mean the Republicans have offered a better alternative, btu the hypocrisy is just astounding. And yet the votes and $ come.

Uncle Toms: I think with the Dems, I prefer the "poverty industry" description. They grow fat on the corpses of so many Black youth.

Psychology: I totally agree, hence my sympathy with the outbursts. I do not have an answer for the current generation, but only for future generations. What to do with an 18 year old kid who has had his psychology permanently scarred for 18 consecutive years. Believe me, I do not discount the challenge: CLimbing Mt. Everest naked would be more feasible.

Mistrust: I would be mistrustful too. Big time.

Slavery Roots: I think that is clear. What is clear is that April 1865 to the present has been an absolute failure. I think the country owes the descendents of former slaves a real fresh start. But I tell you, the last people that should sit at the table are those hypocrites of the poverty industry. No way. It would be a failure. Also beware of the rich fat cats in non-profits. The guys I grew up with, all colors of the rainbow, I would trust to be 100% honest. DC-types no way. I worked directly under one once. She is high up there with an impressive title. But I tell you, she is part of the problem and will doom anyone but her bank account and self-image.

Other comments: I agree 100%.
Finally, nonviolence. I am not a proponent of universal non-violence. I am not that naive. But...I would say that there are times that violence makes me cringe as the hands the moral reigns back over to the oppressor as it confirms the reasons given for their oppression. It is a huge topic worth another thread, but I agree. Violence does have its place. When to use it and how? That is an artform of sorts. I would leave you with the following: violence is often exactly what the opposing side wants to see and when that violence takes the form of self-destruction or wanton mayhem, any hard-won power is dissipated almost instantaneously. And when that violence is visited upon the innocent or the sympathetic, I guarantee you that it signals the end to any hope.

I am adding a final comment. The martyrdom of MLK did have a profoundly huge effect. Sadly, it gave life to the poverty industry.

Take care,

S.

Old 05-01-2015, 04:21 PM

21,476 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Costaexpress View Post
Well I would still say that it's the people who don't stand up for these intetests. If African americans want these jobs and if they recognize what you say, then they should convey that to the politicians and the public. What's their stance on immigration? If you don't figure these things out, then you are just leaving the power to politicians and leaving money on the table.
I believe many of them do recognize this, but let's assume some decide that the Democrats are working against their interests. Where are they going to turn? The establishment Republicans are on board with the same policies, and of the other two factions of the Replican Party, the social conservatives tell them constantly that they're a bunch of criminals who need to fix themselves, and the libertarians want to decriminalize drugs but basically end welfare and to have less regulations of businesses. I think Rand Paul has at least reached out to AAs, but I don't know how many agree with him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies