Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 09:14 AM

4,212 posts, read 3,759,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
If you don't care, them that's the same as saying he deserved it. Because next time, what if it is your father or sister who gets killed by police in the back of the van? Then what? Are we all also not supposed to care then as well?
If he was put in the back of the van for being in the wrong place at the wrong time with no prior criminal history then yes we should care. I can guarantee that if he had been sitting in the back of the van being cooperative with the police he'd still be alive today. You control your destiny. If it were my father or sister this had happened too id be embarrassed that I was related to them. Just because your related to someone doesn't mean that your views should change.

Old 04-30-2015, 09:40 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
And they should be executed at will by the police. Because that's what your saying.

I don't understand how so many believe he deserved to die, but can't possibly make the assumption that the dirtbag police did it.
The only one saying that are people who are over emotive reactionaries.

Do you seriously believe cops in the van deliberately, with aforethought and intent, killed him? Or. do you think it might be possible he was injured during the takedown, injured in a possible beat-down in the van or fell off the bench in the van or.....any number of hypothetical,s ALL of which are more likely scenarios than your default "dirtbag" cops executing him.

Very few are saying "he deserved to die". Most are categorizing his untimely death as the reasonably expected result of a long history of criminal behaviour coupled with whatever untreated mental aberration he was afflicted with.

People are tired, overloaded with a particular demographic engaging in repetitive criminal behaviour being excused through accusations of the "white man made me what I am".

That attitude is so much more of an indictment of the AA male than any implied or real racism by whites. To buy into the concept of your abhorrent criminal behaviour being a by-product of white racism is to state you have no minds of your own and anything bad you do is entirely someone else's fault. Convenient!

Clustering together in these damn enclaves referred to as hoods when starving people generations ago thought nothing of climbing onto the tops of railway freight cars to seek a better life somewhere far away from their comfort zone with the chances of them being as welcome anywhere else as thin on the ground as their obvious ancestry would induce, be it Irish, Italian, Polish, Chinese or whathaveyou.

Other races or nationalities have been equally vilified and mistreated but somehow rose above it to gain a reputation for hard workers and opportunity seekers.

A whole segment of AA population has taken the easy route of accepting their role as victim assigned by the worst opportunists among them.

They all should get the same advice given by anyone to someone of any other group whining "poor me I'm a victim of......." Grow a pair, man up, move to wherever your chances would be better. Drop your current crybaby peer group like a hot potato if they are all akin to yourself, whining like a two dollar leaf blower about how "whitey" has pre-ordained your fate without your control or co-operation.

Old 04-30-2015, 10:00 AM

32,022 posts, read 36,782,996 times
It's a slippery slope.

If you start excusing police conduct on the basis of the citizen's past history, you open a huge can of worms. Did the police have to know about the past record at the time of the encounter? What if some of the items in the record are bogus? What if they are minor offenses?

Does the fact that you've done bad things in the past make you a sitting duck for whatever the police want to do to you?

Old 04-30-2015, 10:04 AM

13,302 posts, read 7,868,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
The better question is why is there a "known open air drug market" in Baltimore? This is Maryland, not Somalia; Baltimore, not Mogadishu. Exactly when did we allow the residents to turn our inner cities into 3rd world hellholes?
It keeps the Muslims at bay.

Old 04-30-2015, 10:07 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,584,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
They do it to anyone they want seen as a victim. The media ran pictures of Trayvon when he was rosy-cheeked and 13 years old rather than the thuggish and scary person he was shown to be based on what he was posting online. Michael Brown was repeatedly called a "good kid" and a "gentle giant". The photo they led with in the Tony Robinson shooting in Wisconsin was his graduation photo, rather than his mugshot from when he was convicted of armed home invasion a year prior.

The media isn't trying to report, they're trying to craft a narrative. Portraying these kids who attack and assault cops and who have criminal records as innocent, unarmed victims killed by trigger-happy, racist cops is telling a very biased interpretation of the events and leading the reader to see the event in a completely one-sided way.
Absolutely right. I agree.

Old 04-30-2015, 10:10 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
So then the penalty for being arrested 20 times is now execution in the back of a police van? Congrats on being part of the problem.

Well no................................................ .................. but it probably should be.

20 times? I would offer that such an individual is clearly a waste and perpetual danger to society and his future will involve more crimes.

How many crimes does one need to commit before it makes sense to remove that individual from society? Is Devil's Island for sale?

Old 04-30-2015, 10:14 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
I don't care if he's black, white, brown, yellow, or pink....why don't people realize Freddie Gray was a drug dealing burglar who had no interest in being a productive member of society?

If you have 20+ arrests on your record, you're willing to accept the consequences of not being a law-abiding citizen and that life eventually catches up with you one way or another.

I have a hard time feeling sympathy for him. He brought his demise in himself.
They don't care for the same reason they didn't care that Trayvon Martin was a street fighter, and dug using rough neck punk/thug.

They don't care for the same reason that they didn't care that Michael Brown was a robber, bully and thug.

It's the same with all of them.

Old 04-30-2015, 10:16 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:
So then the penalty for being arrested 20 times is now execution in the back of a police van? Congrats on being part of the problem.
You're speculating on how he was injured. We don't know what happened yet.

Old 04-30-2015, 10:46 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,108,219 times
Quote:
I know his record is public but my understanding that the police report hasn't been released but it will not be made public. I haven't heard that Freddie Gray was "executed". Did get a copy of the police report?? If so, can you post it??

Old 04-30-2015, 11:05 AM

2,686 posts, read 1,770,776 times
Quote:
Lets wait until all the facts come out before jumping to hasty conclusions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies