Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 09:26 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
no...I'm just fixated on that little thing called the 1st amendment.....

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend to the death your right to say it.
Don't be daft. This has nothing to do with the First Amendment. Actually read what you wrote - all it says is that the government shall make no law restricting your freedom of speech. Nowhere does the First Amendment say that a private individual is free of any and all judgment from other private individuals if they stand for disgusting things.

The death-wisher has the right to say it; you as a decent person have the right to condemn it. If you don't condemn it, then you condone it. Therefore, certain conservatives here are demonstrating that they condone the murder of gays.

Do you also do the same thing when the KKK talks about lynching blacks?

Old 05-01-2015, 09:27 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,672,679 times
Just another bigot hiding behind his religion. I don't remember Jesus promoting the killing of sinners. Homosexuality did not even make it into the top ten list in the commandments.

Old 05-01-2015, 09:58 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,721,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Don't be daft. This has nothing to do with the First Amendment. Actually read what you wrote - all it says is that the government shall make no law restricting your freedom of speech. Nowhere does the First Amendment say that a private individual is free of any and all judgment from other private individuals if they stand for disgusting things.

The death-wisher has the right to say it; you as a decent person have the right to condemn it. If you don't condemn it, then you condone it. Therefore, certain conservatives here are demonstrating that they condone the murder of gays.

Do you also do the same thing when the KKK talks about lynching blacks?
Hey you can judge anybody how you want.. personal judgments are the same as anal sphincters. I bet yours in pretty stinky too.. and BTW

If the Government Does not make a law that means it is not Illegal.....
and to your last point...

Yes and the same thing when people burn the American flag or Preachers who say God damn the United States if America or Black Panther militia says it time to kill the white man.

Old 05-01-2015, 10:01 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Hey you can judge anybody how you want.. personal judgments are the same as anal sphincters. I bet yours in pretty stinky too.. and BTW

If the Government Does not make a law that means it is not Illegal.....
and to your last point...

Yes and the same thing when people burn the American flag or Preachers who say God damn the United States if America.
Ok, so we at least agree upon the point that you have a faulty moral compass and condone death for homosexuals. Quite disgusting, as conservative bigots tend to be. Yes, it is legal to be a boor, but that does not make it honorable and right. Good day.

Old 05-01-2015, 10:10 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,364,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I am surprised or should I say disappointed that this hateful moron even has a congregation, says volumes about those that would listen to this man. He can claim whatever he wishes, but I believe he will be judged harshly when he steps over.
So what does that say about about Obama and the 6,000+ people who listen to Reverend Wright in Chicago? Funny how the left never criticizes him, but they never do when it fits their agenda.

Old 05-01-2015, 10:26 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,183,102 times
Quote:
Of course, city data's conservative homophobes don't express any revulsion around the concept of someone arguing for death of gay people; they only express revulsion that someone would characterize such a death-wishing person as a "thug." Fixating on the contextual use of the word "thug" is a great way for them to deflect the salient point.
I know, right. I did not know so many of these posters went so far as to condone killing gay people. I'm presuming/hoping this website is an outlet that keeps them from taking any action. I believe many do carry firearms. Shiver...

Old 05-01-2015, 10:36 AM

4,477 posts, read 3,297,118 times
It is disgusting, but did you use the word thug because he is an African American? I thought that was racist now?

Quote:
Of course, city data's conservative homophobes don't express any revulsion around the concept of someone arguing for death of gay people; they only express revulsion that someone would characterize such a death-wishing person as a "thug." Fixating on the contextual use of the word "thug" is a great way for them to deflect the salient point.
Of you make that up...... first off I would say he didn't say that gays should be killed, but that homosexuality is a sin worthy of death.... which is different from, advocating that people should be killed.

But maybe that is too nuanced.

For the rest.... see my answer below.

Really interesting links...... So much hate from these people......

Which is why I would argue none of them are Christians. Not everyone who claims to be a Christian is one. It is like the "Christian identity" movement. Near as I can tell none of these churches are part of a national denomination (even if a couple have "baptist" in the name), none of the 'preachers' (Charles L. Worley, Donnie Romero, James David Manning, Robert Lee, Steven Anderson) except one have degrees in theology or ordination from any seminary or denomination and several are part of the "King James only" movement (which is very weird in its own right).

It is one thing to preach against what you perceive to be sin, but it is un-Christian to go to the level that these people have. They are certainly not following the example of Christ in John 8.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...11&version=NIV

Adultery was a sin worthy of death and she was about to be stoned, but Jesus stopped it. He didn't say the sin was okay, but pointed out that they were not worthy to make the judgment.

All of those people are wrong and I think you find most Christians united in denouncing them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Is there really any reason to believe the man's actually a Christian?
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Just another bigot hiding behind his religion. I don't remember Jesus promoting the killing of sinners. Homosexuality did not even make it into the top ten list in the commandments.
Correct, as shown from his many encounters with sinners.

Old 05-01-2015, 10:38 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
So what does that say about about Obama and the 6,000+ people who listen to Reverend Wright in Chicago? Funny how the left never criticizes him, but they never do when it fits their agenda.
Was the preach in Obama's church condoning the death of gays. me thinks not. Thanks for being so predictable though, now back to the actual topic.

Old 05-01-2015, 12:19 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,114,186 times
Quote:
This. The issue isn't free speech or word usage. It's funny how the bigots are deflecting.

Old 05-01-2015, 12:39 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,297,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Was the preach(er) in Obama's church condoning the death of gays. me thinks not. Thanks for being so predictable though, now back to the actual topic.
Well, but neither was the guy in this topic "condoning" the death of gays, but I know it is a struggle to pay attention to details that don't fit your narrative.

Rev. Wright didn't just preach death to gays, but the whole U.S. so props to him for being an equal opportunity hater.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies