Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 05:55 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
LOL...you should have read up before jumping in with the proverbial "...well right wingers...."
I wasn't referring to the owner of Disney with my comment, I am sure there are plenty of people who own companies that are Democrat and Republican that are all for hiring work visa workers over Americans. I was simply stating this is an example of it, I assume none of the right wingers that are all for corporations to have low regulations and be able to do whatever they want with their business have a problem with a corporation hiring work visa workers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2015, 05:58 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I wasn't referring to the owner of Disney with my comment, I am sure there are plenty of people who own companies that are Democrat and Republican that are all for hiring work visa workers over Americans. I was simply stating this is an example of it, I assume none of the right wingers that are all for corporations to have low regulations and be able to do whatever they want with their business have a problem with a corporation hiring work visa workers.
Jeff Sessions isn't ok with it.

He actually spoke out about the Senate bill (sponsored by 3 R's and 3 D's).

Your own party is throwing American tech workers under the bus yet all we hear from the Dems are "..well right wingers....".

Old 05-01-2015, 06:17 PM

Quote:

Your own party is throwing American tech workers under the bus yet all we hear from the Dems are "..well right wingers....".
Don't complain to me, this is capitalism, Disney is just doing what is best for their company. All I am saying is this is an example of that. And by right wingers, I mean the right wingers on this site that are always crowing for less regulations and anti-unions.

Old 05-01-2015, 06:20 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,048,730 times
Quote:
Yup..those pesky REPUBLICANS.

-increase H1-B to 195,000 and create a new visa for those that want to start their own companies.

Bipartisan Senate Bills Would Increase Visas and Green Cards for High-Tech Workers - WSJ
The first bill, introduced Tuesday by Sens. Orrin Hatch (R., Utah), Amy Klobuchar (D., Minn.) and four others, would increase the number of high-skilled visas available each year to as many as 195,000 from the current cap of 65,000 and otherwise allow for more legal immigration to the U.S. They call the measure the Immigration Innovation Act, or I-Squared Act.

A second measure, backed by Sens. Jerry Moran (R., Kan.), Mark Warner (D., Va.) and four others would create an “entrepreneur’s visa†to allow people who want to start companies to stay in the country. Both measures would create new visa or green-card opportunities for foreign students who graduate from U.S. schools with advanced degrees in science, technology, engineering or math—something President Barack Obama supports as well.
Quote:

Stop bothering those who only want to whine about "right wingers" with facts!

Old 05-01-2015, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Stop bothering those who only want to whine about "right wingers" with facts!
Hardly whining here, I am actually for putting American workers first, though you can't say you haven't noticed that it is a common theme on this site from the right wingers that less regulations are good and unions are bad.

Old 05-01-2015, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Hardly whining here, I am actually for putting American workers first, though you can't say you haven't noticed that it is a common theme on this site from the right wingers that less regulations are good and unions are bad.
No it's not. That's coming from the globalists.

Old 05-01-2015, 06:30 PM

And you can betcha that most of these companies will be staffed with H1-B or offshore completely by the time that cadillac tax hits them in 2018...40% excise tax.

Old 05-01-2015, 06:33 PM

Quote:
No it's not. That's coming from the globalists.
Globalists? That's rich, you guys want less regulations and are against unions, but somehow think corporations are gonna be all for hiring American workers because of that, that is just naive and short sighted.

Old 05-01-2015, 06:38 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
So urban, you say you are for putting the American worker first but aren't you a pro-amnesty person?

Old 05-01-2015, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Globalists? That's rich, you guys want less regulations and are against unions, but somehow think corporations are gonna be all for hiring American workers because of that, that is just naive and short sighted.
The world is not right-wing or left-wing.

And yes, there are globalists. They are for open borders, bringing the best and brightest here to America to work, etc.

Go read up on Krugman's thoughts in the 90's regarding globalism and US labor.
Then go read up on Krugman's thoughts in 2007 regarding globalism and US labor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies