Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2015, 07:46 PM

1,365 posts, read 1,015,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiResident View Post
The driver was a black officer. He is the one that murdered Gray. He took him on a tour of pain through Baltimore streets.
Yep. That's how his neck got broken. He was in handcuffs and couldn't use his hands to break his falls in the truck, so his head broke the falls and his neck snapped.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2015, 07:49 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,744,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Still haven't done the math, eh? Here's a reminder:

Do you know what difference it makes to those numbers that the black population in the U.S. is 13.2% and the white, non-Hispanic population is 62.6%? (U.S. Census 2013)

It was always about police brutality. There are a ton of black cops in Baltimore. In fact, there a black cop in the video of Gray being loaded into the van. Just because you hear 'police' and think 'white police' doesn't mean everyone does.
So it's not 'Black lives matter', it's 'The higher percentage of Black lives matters'? The White lives don't matter because it's not a high enough percentage? Hey look, another new way to move the goal posts when the agenda is proven false! Blacks also constitute an unreasonable percentage of murders, shooting, armed robberies and violent crimes. It's not a coincidence they find themselves in conflict with the police at a higher rate.

It absolutely has NOT always been about police brutality! That's been the beef of just about everyone I know from the beginning. The overt racism against Whites, the intentional exclusion of Whites, the discounting of White lives, the incessant talk of privilege, the non stop blaming of Whites & framing of Blacks as the exclusive victims. I've been saying "Sure, let's have a conversation about police abuse, but let's not pretend this is about White cops killing Black people because it's not.". People have asking for weeks, even months why ONLY Black lives matter? Why make it exclusive of the majority white people who're more widely affected by this issue? Why create a wedge and intentionally drive White people who historically have been on the same side away from your movement?

Old 05-02-2015, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
What a crock! Police protecting police with lies is what I see. I doubt any drug test results were released by the medical examiner or prosecutor. Were the six officers tested for drugs? They were the ones who committed a crime.
Why is it ok for you to pass judgement without having any facts to back up your opinions, but others can't speculate? Kinda hypocritical no?

Old 05-02-2015, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer0101 View Post
If the guy wasn't black you'd step over his corpse without a second thought.
Yep. It's hard to get past this starting point.

Old 05-02-2015, 09:54 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,603,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
So it's not 'Black lives matter', it's 'The higher percentage of Black lives matters'? The White lives don't matter because it's not a high enough percentage? Hey look, another new way to move the goal posts when the agenda is proven false! Blacks also constitute an unreasonable percentage of murders, shooting, armed robberies and violent crimes. It's not a coincidence they find themselves in conflict with the police at a higher rate.
What are you on about? I'm sorry if you have a problem with accurate representation of numerical significance. One has to account for percentage of the population in claims that cops kill more whites than blacks. Pretty simple. Not sure why you'd have a problem with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
It absolutely has NOT always been about police brutality! That's been the beef of just about everyone I know from the beginning. The overt racism against Whites, the intentional exclusion of Whites, the discounting of White lives, the incessant talk of privilege, the non stop blaming of Whites & framing of Blacks as the exclusive victims. I've been saying "Sure, let's have a conversation about police abuse, but let's not pretend this is about White cops killing Black people because it's not.". People have asking for weeks, even months why ONLY Black lives matter? Why make it exclusive of the majority white people who're more widely affected by this issue? Why create a wedge and intentionally drive White people who historically have been on the same side away from your movement?
I'm driving White people away from my movement? First off, I'm white. Second, I live in Baltimore, where I'm a minority, and I've never had need to whine about downtrodden white people the way that you just did.

Last edited by helenejen; 05-02-2015 at 10:17 PM..

Old 05-03-2015, 02:53 AM

7,498 posts, read 5,745,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
The same conservatives who mention that three cops are black are the same conservatives who think racism ended in 2008 when Pres. Obama was elected to the White House.
No it ended long before that. The problem is liberals have to keep it alive in the minds of blacks to keep the vote going. I haven't seen a case of actual racism in 40+ years.

Old 05-03-2015, 03:14 AM

30,355 posts, read 19,128,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Was he handcuffed behind his back when he fell?
Come on, no as I said, he was intoxicated.

Old 05-03-2015, 06:16 AM

15,064 posts, read 6,167,490 times
Ooooookkk...

Old 05-03-2015, 06:23 AM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Back in the days of slavery, black overseers whipped black slaves just as eagerly as white overseers, that didn't change the racist nature of the enterprise.
Are you implying that the three black cops are like slaveholders? Seriously? It is absolutely fricken amazing the utter crap that people come up with these days to blame everything on whitey. Give it a rest.

Old 05-03-2015, 06:25 AM

15,064 posts, read 6,167,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
What happened in Baltimore was not a protest. It was rampant vandalism and criminal activity. It was primarily people with black coloured skin once again presuming that whatever happened to Mr Gray was a result of racism, and once again presuming that the best course of action was to destroy other people's property. It's absurd, and extreme stupidity.
Let's not make things up. What happened in Baltimore was that a protest that had been going on for weeks turned violent for 2 days or so. It was stupid for those who rioted to do so.

Actually, most of the people had brown skin, if one is familiar with actual colors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies