Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 07:29 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,513,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
Well if NO ONE has actually seen this ME report Except the SA/Investigators .... all the leaks so far have been debunked..I find it rather presumptuous to believe anything said by ME by anyone else/agenda driven laypersons LOL.....

Having said all that..AS a HC provider/trauma ICU ( now retired) ..I too would love to look at and decipher what the actual findings were....No head knock would cause spinal cord severing nor larynx crush...so right away..doesn't sound like that leak comes from a "Credible Source"
Yep. It appears to be another episode of "Incite the lynch mob first and worry about the facts later." We saw this play out with the Trayvon Martin killing, and again with the Ferguson incident.

The thing is, the DA really appears to have overreached on the charges. A "murder" charge for the driver of the van? Really? There generally has to be intent to kill in order for a murder charge to stick. This appears to be a better candidate for a manslaughter charge, if the circumstances that we have heard are all that there is, as is probably NOT the case.

What will these looters and burners of the city of Baltimore do when the charges are substantially reduced, as at first glance it appears that they should be, or when new facts come out that change what we know altogether? Of course we have already received the first batch of surprises, when three black cops were indicted and it turns out that one of them is purportedly responsible for the "murder" of Freddie Gray.

As fast as the Baltimore prosecutor presented the charges, she could not have possibly had all of the facts. The leftists and members of this community who are praising her may want to hold their horses until we have a better sense of things here. Now of course these police officers should be held accountable to the fullest extent of the law for any actual wrongdoing that they committed in this.

And the people who are so supportive of the Baltimore prosecutor's hasty filing of charges here need to be ready to modify their expectations in a responsible way as the actual facts become known. I hope we can count on them to do that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2015, 07:46 AM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
BBM~ Why is anyone who understand POV of these Protesters labeled as Liberals??? Never understood that repeated term

Actually, the protests are about "Police Brutality" and Badge Wearing officers who treat their citizens harshly, intimidate, arrest for no legal reason ( make up charges) and force them into a system already shown to over charge, set higher bails, and so on. Then those thrown into a system which causes further difficulties for the citizens to get jobs and earn a living. I haven't even mentioned the beatdowns and causing so many physical injuries and death that the taxpayers have to pay millions in payouts for their conducts. Yet the cop, regardless of their colour faces no/or minimum reprimand !!! Talk about deck being stacked!!

I guess, I just felt that this particular incident caused protests for Policing Tactics and White on Black. Socio-economics is the actual basis of mis-trust, bad feeling towards the police in general...Not based on the colour of skin of those in LE who wield brutality because they have the Power to do so, who know they will be protected by higher-ups who hide evidence, intimidate (arrest) witnesses and refuse to even charge bad actors.. The bad actors get put on paid vacation while pseudo investigations proceed all the while concerted efforts to media outreach in order to spread lies or informations that paint VICTIM as deserving what happened to them..

In closing> It's Not Just About White Cops, but It's about the powerful who cross the line to harm those who have no power. Whether it's protesting against Politics, Law Enforcement or Court System ..It's the only way for the message will be heard. No protest..No voice raised means all is well. The powerful want to suppress those voices but 1st Amendment can't stop them.
Painting the whole for what the VERY few does seems to be the only way Media and Power Structure can maintain their views..such as Thugs, Rioters, Looting, and property damages..ALL get smeared onto the whole peaceful protestors..Thus for some It's the Us versus THEM mentality...
Blah, blah, blah. The posters on here who lie and tell everyone that 'no one thought that' are liberals.

Old 05-04-2015, 08:04 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Blah, blah, blah. The posters on here who lie and tell everyone that 'no one thought that' are liberals.
If you think breaking necks/killing should be standard operating procedure for an arrest of a non-violent citizen by police, what category does that put you into?

Baltimore riots have roots in history of mistrust between community, cops after years of brutality in poverty-stricken neighborhoods

Old 05-04-2015, 09:23 AM

4,206 posts, read 3,755,177 times
Its not like these cops are driving around, grabbing random people and killing them in the back of the van for no reason. We don't know what actually happened anyway as there isn't any proof that the officers actually killed him. These guys are out there risking there life to make it a better place for everyone and the same people they are risking their lives for are blaming them for what happened to a criminal.

Would you feel the same if they had just picked him up after finding out he is the one that sold your child heroin last week that they overdosed on?

Old 05-04-2015, 09:27 AM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Just like every other thread about some current hot topic.

People wildly speculating while claiming that somehow these events prove that their political rivals are bad people and are to blame for whatever it was that happened.

Old 05-04-2015, 09:48 AM

1,793 posts, read 1,441,134 times
If I was those cops lawyer, I'd tell them to ask for gender reassignment. Throw the whole system for a loop.

Was the Lt in charge?

How come in the pictures I only saw the three white guys aresting Freddy. How come only the one black cop is being charged with murder?

Old 05-04-2015, 09:54 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,120,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
Wait until you **** off a cop and you'll feel differently. About 1/3 of these recent police brutality cases have been people who did nothing illegal or committed a minor offense.
For me it was pulling farther away on the curb than the officer wanted. Officer nearly lost it. Had to walk away from the car he was so upset.

He later falsified a breathalyzer ticket against me. Luckily I had a judge with a conscious and who was reasonable.

Oh. And the cop was black. People can point to race all they want, but I've had just as bad experiences with black officers. It's the culture/mentality, not the race.

Old 05-04-2015, 09:54 AM

Well, there's some interesting reading out there.

Looks like there were three black officers and no white officers in the van?
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/who-are-the-police-officers-charged-in-the-death-of-freddie-gray/2015/05/01/dde6bc2e-f01f-11e4-8666-a1d756d0218e_story.html

If so, it looks like the white officers are going to have an easier time getting off than the black officers.
Goodson, a black guy, was driving. Hard to see why he’s responsible for much, since he was just driving, but maybe if he was making hard turns or something?

Brian Rice, white guy, was a bike patrol guy, first guy to make contact with Freddie. But he wasn’t in the van apparently.
William Porter, black guy, was in the van, but didn’t call for medical assistance. Helped Gray off the floor and onto a bench.

Alicia White, despite her name, is a black woman. Unclear if she was in van, she was sent to look after the arrest, but didn’t call for medical assistance.

Edward Nero, white guy, was on bike patrol. Handcuffed Gray and held him down until the police van arrived.
Garrett Miller, helped handcuff and load Gray into police van. Failed to restrain him with a seat belt.

So apparently in the van were the driver, Goodson, plus Porter, both of whom were black. Alicia White I’m unsure about. One or two of the white dudes might not have properly put a seatbelt on Gray.

So who is responsible for making sure prisoners are properly secured? The officers in the van or the officers loading the perps into the van? Why is the driver being charged? Was it his responsibility?

I’m just confused about who was there when Freddie got hurt. It sounds like only black cops were around. Maybe the whites are culpable because they didn’t put his seatbelt on?

Old 05-04-2015, 10:08 AM

Man, this is so interesting.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...=top-news&_r=0

Looking at the timeline, Goodson is alone with Gray after stop 1 and up until stop 3. At that point it is Goodson and Porter. Stop 4 is back close to where they started from in order to pick up the 2nd person. At stop 4 Sgt White “spoke to the back of Mr Gray’s head and he did not respond”. The WaPo report where the 2nd prisoner says Gray was banging himself against the walls is kind of hard to believe. I think if anything was done to injure Gray it was done by Goodson and Porter, two black officers, between stops 1 and 4.

And the search for the Great White Defendant continues on...searching.....searching....looking.....search ing.

Old 05-04-2015, 10:15 AM

2,440 posts, read 3,429,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theother View Post
So & 3 of them were white. So what's the point? They all deserve punishment.
Perhaps the suggestion is that this might not be racist, as if fratricide is impossible or that posting this might somehow diffuse any implication that white racism could have played a part in this horror episode?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies