Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 12:32 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,194,490 times

Advertisements

Originally Posted by Greatday
Quote:
Question: Would you, as Christian, take the necessary actions to protect your family even it it meant the death of the criminal?
Why do you keep asking me questions to which you already know the answer?
If I remember correctly we already discussed this at great length in the Christian forum.

Originally Posted by my54ford
Quote:
Luke 22
He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.
So do you believe that Jesus told the Christians to gun everyone down and let God sort it out?
Because I don't believe that for a second.

Quote:
I also submit that thare are planty of guns in Europe. Bosnia,Kosovo et al.....Oh thats right Americans had to go save those folks as well
Why do you only want to be thanked for the things you believe your country has done right, but don't want to be reminded for the bad (and cowardly) things they also have done?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2008, 01:11 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,158,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by Greatday Why do you keep asking me questions to which you already know the answer?
If I remember correctly we already discussed this at great length in the Christian forum.
I do not remember your response previously. Hence, I will then assume, your response is, no, you would not do anything / take whatever action was needed to protect your loved ones.

You may of course, correct my statement above if you would like.

Old 01-19-2008, 04:08 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,519,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Let me answer you this way: Say a criminal came into your home and was going to hurt, or kill, your family.

Say you had the means to stop the criminal - but, it might result in the criminals death.

Question: Would you, as Christian, take the necessary actions to protect your family even it it meant the death of the criminal?
I'd say, try talking to the fellow. Try to find out something about him. What on EARTH would make him feel so "down" on the world that he'd even THINK of breaking into houses and trying to hurt people? You might be surprised at what he has to say.

Ask about his family--his girlfriend--his interests. EVERYONE responds to this sort of attention. Think of how YOU'D feel, if YOU broke into someone's house some night and planned on killing THEM. How would YOU want to be treated? Would you respond more to kindness, or to firmness ?

Suggest he LEAVE your home. Give him a chance to reconsider. Maybe he's not such a 'bad fellow' after all. DON'T get between him and the door. Don't do anything he might see as an 'insult". You DON'T know everything about him--give him the benefit of the doubt.

And if you're WRONG ?---well, at least your survivors will know that you did the right thing...

Old 01-22-2008, 07:28 AM

2,885 posts, read 1,972,667 times
You had some valid points Tricky up until the last one. Do you have no response? GreatDay raised a good point. No need to be insulting.

Old 01-22-2008, 09:00 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,194,490 times
Originally Posted by Lillietta
Quote:
You had some valid points Tricky up until the last one. Do you have no response? GreatDay raised a good point. No need to be insulting.
Because in the discussion we had on the religion forum he kept doing the same thing and I had to post the numbers of the post which contained my answers.
I only call someone lazy when it is factually true and not to insult people.
If people deny the truth of my claim and only take it as an insult that is not my problem.

Old 01-22-2008, 11:52 AM

3,982 posts, read 10,435,206 times
Humanitarian crisis in Congo kills over 5 million - Africa - MSNBC.com (broken link)

personally, i think we need to be butting into some things more than we do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies