Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 11:02 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
None of that contradicts Hawkeye in the slightest. No one said "they can't help themselves", it isn't the city environment that causes them to be violent, it's poor choices. As he said Want to be treated "equally" by the police? Stop committing so many crimes. Blacks will never be treated equally by the police until they start acting like other members of society. As you said it isn't in their DNA, it's in their choices and most don't choose to act like a gangbanger, but many do.

Maybe cities should be banned since they cause people to be violent, that's the liberal solution to problems right?
Should blacks that commit no crime be treated UN-equally (since you guys seem to be on this equality trip) by the cops because another black committed a crime?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2015, 11:03 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,760,768 times
I'll make an unpopular point. Testosterone.

Among males the rankings go: Africans, White Europeans, Asians. And women of all races, come in lower, of course.

References (two abstracts addressing prostate cancer, and a more general discussion).

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3455741

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2608588/

http://www.airlats.com/testosterone/

Draw a line between those patterns and violent crime globally among these, and you will get a good fit. Also, consider that all men will tend to become less violent (statistically) as they age and testosterone declines (and self-regulation improves). It is the young men who drive crime stats.

One issue is that young males of all races with high testosterone are more likely to be impulsive, to rebel against authority, and to commit violent crimes and mayhem. We need to understand what the psychology is related to very high testosterone in young males (race is secondary concern here, I hypothesize), and how we can get them to embrace it and act sensibly.

Another issue is that sexual selection favors the high testosterone males. Many young women undoubtedly go for high testosterone males, at least for sex (compare the number of white women with Asian men, and the number with Black men, and for that matter compare the number of single mothers with Asian-American kids with the number of African-American kids), but that is all it takes. High testosterone males are in turn less likely to stick around, being more successfully aggressive, and more successful at scoring. So, over time they produce a sea of high testosterone offspring with no firm father figures. Lather, rinse, repeat.

In the urban black community I believe (hypothesize really) there is a perfect storm of all these factors. As a society, we need to figure out how to get these young men to stop being so violent, and to stop knocking up chicks and walking away. The ultimate losers are the black men and their communities. The murder rate and incarceration rates of these young men are shocking, and they are very likely to terrorize folks in their own neighborhoods, driving profiling, police brutality, etc. The sad part is, if we could just get these young men to reach 35 before getting killed, locked up, or fathering several illegitimate kids, they would probably be out of the woods (declining testosterone and increased self-regulation) personally, and their neighborhoods would improve.

This biology is noone's fault, but it is important, and worthy of targeted research and response. I know this will sound racist, but so be it. It is my read of the patterns and some of the causes and potential solutions.

Last edited by Fiddlehead; 05-03-2015 at 11:18 AM..

Old 05-03-2015, 11:18 AM

6,421 posts, read 7,667,441 times
^^^^

That can be fixed.

Old 05-03-2015, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
^^^^

That can be fixed.
Concentration camps?

Old 05-03-2015, 12:23 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I'll tell you why that isn't so. Unlike a lot of rabid right-wingers here who make insinuations along the lines of, "They're black, they can't help themselves" when it comes to crime, black males are not genetically predisposed to become criminals There's 2 black guys I'm friends with, and they live in a farming village southeast of me, and they don't cause trouble at all. It's the city environment that causes so many blacks to be violent, not their DNA
I did not say it is genetic- it is cultural and therefore can be willingly changed. That fact makes the black incidence of crime and violence more egregious. If it was genetic, it could not be avoided.

Until blacks stop committing so many crimes, they will always be treated differently by law enforcement. Could any rational person expect anything else? Why do we treat and approach lions differently than house cars?

Old 05-03-2015, 12:27 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So to be treated "equally" by police, just don't commit a crime?

LMAO....Especially funny is the "all the black people I know" line.

So let's say that I commit lots of crime....should the "black people YOU know" be treated UN-equal by the police based on MY actions?

Seriously, your post wasn't well thought out in your haste to make yet another race based thread.
Of course- for the same reasons we suspect young Muslim males might be terrorists.

Blacks level blame on the police forces, when they should blame themselves.

Should we stop arresting blacks for all the crimes they commit?

Old 05-03-2015, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Of course- for the same reasons we suspect young Muslim males might be terrorists.

Blacks level blame on the police forces, when they should blame themselves.

Should we stop arresting blacks for all the crimes they commit?
So if the "black people YOU know" should be treated unequally (you just said this) despite your own admission that they're hard working and law abiding, why exactly should they be hard working and law abiding?

You've just admitted that MLK's "content of character" is just pure bunk because IT IS the color of your skin that you should be judged by.

Remember that next time you're tempted to quote Dr. King in here like so many of you white conservatives LOVE to do.

Old 05-03-2015, 01:08 PM

28 posts, read 28,974 times
Asians don't disproportionally commit HUGE amounts of violent crime and they don't have a reputation for laziness and poor academic performance.

Even my experience in the workplace has shown that the Black work ethic is something which very often lacks productivity.

Old 05-03-2015, 01:11 PM

28 posts, read 28,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Another issue is that sexual selection favors the high testosterone males. Many young women undoubtedly go for high testosterone males, at least for sex (compare the number of white women with Asian men, and the number with Black men, and for that matter compare the number of single mothers with Asian-American kids with the number of African-American kids), but that is all it takes. High testosterone males are in turn less likely to stick around, being more successfully aggressive, and more successful at scoring. So, over time they produce a sea of high testosterone offspring with no firm father figures. Lather, rinse, repeat.

In the urban black community I believe (hypothesize really) there is a perfect storm of all these factors. As a society, we need to figure out how to get these young men to stop being so violent, and to stop knocking up chicks and walking away. The ultimate losers are the black men and their communities. The murder rate and incarceration rates of these young men are shocking, and they are very likely to terrorize folks in their own neighborhoods, driving profiling, police brutality, etc. The sad part is, if we could just get these young men to reach 35 before getting killed, locked up, or fathering several illegitimate kids, they would probably be out of the woods (declining testosterone and increased self-regulation) personally, and their neighborhoods would improve.
It often seems Black people do act impulsively and without thinking. They seem to frighten easily and act out violently for any perceived slight of disrespect. I think it is the result of a lack of ability to plan for the future, it's all "At this moment."

Old 05-03-2015, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenFromTN View Post
Asians don't disproportionally commit HUGE amounts of violent crime and they don't have a reputation for laziness and poor academic performance.

Even my experience in the workplace has shown that the Black work ethic is something which very often lacks productivity.
Then why were the blacks hired? Why weren't they all fired?

I know, I know...Affirmative Action.

Nevermind. I shouldn't even bother asking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies