Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 09:39 PM

22,634 posts, read 14,903,529 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Science of what, that homosexuality is perverse act against nature?

Hey, you wanna do whatever you want in a corner with a good buddy and I'm fine with that but up yours with the demand that I have to accept it as normal because I don't.
In one sense you are right. Homosexuality is not "normal" in the mathematical or statistical sense. It is not normal to have blond hair or stand over 6'3" tall or have an IQ over 150 either. Gay folks, along with Bisexuals (which I suspect have much larger numbers than people give credit for) and Transgender people are still in the minority. No one disputes that.

However the wit Dorothy Parker once said: "Heterosexuality is not normal, just common."

You are entirely wrong and misinformed if you believe it is not "natural" however ... it is perfectly natural. It occurs in scores of species in the animal kingdom. If we are talking about human beings I can assure it has existed throughout the centuries and even millenia and has been found in every society and country around the world.

Old 05-03-2015, 09:41 PM

2,982 posts, read 4,089,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
This is an example of the fundamental misunderstanding conservatives have regarding homosexuality. People choose to try Heroin and they like the high. They then become addicted so their body has to have it. They can choose to stop heroin, go through the withdrawals, and be free from it. Gay people on the other hand are what they are. Even if they never have a same-sex relationship, they are still attracted to the same sex.
Not exactly. Many former addicts will admit that despite getting clean, they still love and crave the needle despite the chaos and utter destruction it caused in their life. Addiction is a daily struggle even if the addict is no longer using.

Old 05-03-2015, 09:51 PM

2,761 posts, read 3,417,813 times
The problem is that there are laws that make gays protected class. That means people have to deal with thAt b.s.. Somehow a priest has to legally marry you. If some-one refuses you service, there are lawsuits. I am backing conservatives here just for those reasons.

Now. PEOPLE HAVE A RIGHT TO BE DISGUSTED BY YOU !

Old 05-03-2015, 09:52 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,567,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
I feel sorrow and compassion for people who are confused about their gender........Bruce Jenner has my sympathy.

But I do not support the idea of LGBT, unnatural and harmful at best..........at worst, it totally destroys and ends lives.
So do the results of heterosexuality every time an abortion is done.

Old 05-03-2015, 09:54 PM

10,077 posts, read 5,708,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post

Nevertheless, just like other types of temptations, such as gambling, alcoholism, and of course other sexual tendencies like pedophilia, bestiality, etc.; just because the temptation is there, that does not justify the conduct. Just because we feel like doing something, that does not make it right or alleviate its status as a sinful behavior.
Yep, this is exactly why their argument falls apart. If science shows that sexual orientation is programmed from birth and there's nothing you can do about it then how is it moral to severely punish those who are helpless in their sexual orientation to bestiality or pedophilia? I just find that kinda hypocritical. Sucks to be born that way, I guess! The pro-LBGT crowd is still picking and choosing which sexual orientation they find acceptable.

Old 05-03-2015, 09:56 PM

10,077 posts, read 5,708,216 times
Quote:
I think the American Psychiatric Association is a reputable, unbiased source. The Family Research Council isn't.
And yet they held the exact opposite position on homosexuality for many years. Funny how they do a complete reversal around the same time that LGBT gains power, money and influence.

Quote:

Every other wrong Christian-conservatives compare homosexuality to harms the person or somebody else. Murder is taking somebody's life. Gambling and alcoholism harms the individual. Pedophilia harms children. Bestiality harms the individual and is animal cruelty. Homosexuality between consenting adults harms nobody. And yes, I am aware of the statistics put out by the Family Research Council (an official hate group) on this subject regarding the disease and shortened life expectancy of homosexuals. My guess is you would see similar results if you took a look at the most promiscuous scenes in the heterosexual world as well.
Homosexual behavior is a major contributor in the spreading of STDS. That harms people.

Old 05-03-2015, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Yep, this is exactly why their argument falls apart. If science shows that sexual orientation is programmed from birth and there's nothing you can do about it then how is it moral to severely punish those who are helpless in their sexual orientation to bestiality or pedophilia? I just find that kinda hypocritical. Sucks to be born that way, I guess! The pro-LBGT crowd is still picking and choosing which sexual orientation they find acceptable.
And what do you mean by acceptable? Accepting the presence of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transexual people in society in the same way as blacks and other people of color?

Old 05-03-2015, 10:02 PM

Quote:
And yet they held the exact opposite position on homosexuality for many years. Funny how they do a complete reversal around the same time that LGBT gains power, money and influence.

Homosexual behavior is a major contributor in the spreading of STDS. That harms people.
So does promiscuous heterosexual behavior, which can lead to something homosexual behavior can never do, which is abortion.

Old 05-03-2015, 10:25 PM

44,256 posts, read 64,216,996 times
Don't call uneducated, non-science savvy people conservatives.
I know plenty of conservatives who know homosexuality isn't a choice.
The rest are just ignorant.

Old 05-03-2015, 10:46 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,778,210 times
Quote:
Promiscuity is a major contributor to the spreading of STDs. The culture of shame and the closet that homosexuals have been forced into until very recently encourages the promiscuous behavior commonly associated with the LGBT community in conservative circles and that Tony Perkins loves to quote statistics on. Loving, monogamous homosexual relationships are no different than heterosexual relationships and they harm nobody.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.