Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 09:49 PM

2,982 posts, read 4,098,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Brilliant thinking. For her next act, she'll point out that poor people should just have opened more savings accounts before they went poor. No wonder HP's stock rose 7% the day she was canned.
I worked for HP when this dimwit was sitting CEO. From the time she took control of the company until the day she left, HP tripled its revenues without its stock ever raising a penny. In other words, the company was running three times as fast to stay in exactly the same place. Just before she was asked to resign, she was voted one of the top three worst technology CEOs in America, and has been ranked the 19th worst American CEO of all time. Now she wants to run for President...

Caveat emptor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2015, 09:54 PM

364 posts, read 277,375 times
A peep from her about the fact Nestle and other LARGE companies aren't having their water usage clamped down on? Or is she being the good political stooge and ignoring that?

Old 05-03-2015, 11:16 PM

39,855 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Well I though she was coming around to the sensible side but I was disappointed.
Yes we they can solve the water problem with more infrastructure, more dams that's the ticket. We can go on doubling population every few decades, build golf courses and residences in deserts and other areas and never have to worry about water.

Carly Fiorina: The Man-Made Water Shortage in California - TIME
So...you agree that she's right, but that bothers you because she's a Republican? Got it.

Yeah, she was a poor manager of a tech company by the standards of industry. Still, that's considerably more executive management experience than the current occupier of the White House has. I suspect she would do a considerably better job.

Old 05-04-2015, 04:47 AM

57,227 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
So...you agree that she's right, but that bothers you because she's a Republican? Got it.

Yeah, she was a poor manager of a tech company by the standards of industry. Still, that's considerably more executive management experience than the current occupier of the White House has. I suspect she would do a considerably better job.
The title of the article led me to believe she had come around to the understanding that this problem was created by man but not in the sense that she portrayed. She doesn't really have a solution, just appealing to the extreme right wing element that thinks you can solve this problem by reservoirs. Yes man created this problem through overuse of resources and a population that exceeds the land capacity.

This statement reminds me of Palin, I have to wonder how she became a CEO.

Old 05-04-2015, 06:16 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,048,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Sad but true.

Old 05-04-2015, 06:29 AM

58,966 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Well I though she was coming around to the sensible side but I was disappointed.
Yes we they can solve the water problem with more infrastructure, more dams that's the ticket. We can go on doubling population every few decades, build golf courses and residences in deserts and other areas and never have to worry about water.

Carly Fiorina: The Man-Made Water Shortage in California - TIME
"but I was disappointed."

You have to post more then this if you really want a discussion.

What pat of "Specifically, these policies have resulted in the diversion of more than 300 billion gallons of water away from farmers in the Central Valley and into the San Francisco Bay in order to protect the Delta smelt, an endangered fish that environmentalists have continued to champion at the expense of Californians. This water is simply being washed out to sea, instead of being channeled to the people who desperately need it." don't you like?

Old 05-04-2015, 06:48 AM

57,227 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"but I was disappointed."

You have to post more then this if you really want a discussion.

What pat of "Specifically, these policies have resulted in the diversion of more than 300 billion gallons of water away from farmers in the Central Valley and into the San Francisco Bay in order to protect the Delta smelt, an endangered fish that environmentalists have continued to champion at the expense of Californians. This water is simply being washed out to sea, instead of being channeled to the people who desperately need it." don't you like?
First of all rivers naturally flow into the ocean, a series of dams was put in place decades ago to divert water to farmers, with the expansion of farms they wanted more. Yes the core of the issue is the smelt and other wildlife that are at the bottom of the food chain.

Old 05-04-2015, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
I worked for HP when this dimwit was sitting CEO. From the time she took control of the company until the day she left, HP tripled its revenues without its stock ever raising a penny. In other words, the company was running three times as fast to stay in exactly the same place. Just before she was asked to resign, she was voted one of the top three worst technology CEOs in America, and has been ranked the 19th worst American CEO of all time. Now she wants to run for President...

Caveat emptor.
The rankings come from Portfolio.com, which I have never heard of. When I tried to fond out more about them I got this, "This Connection is Untrusted"

I tried opening Portfolio.com from the article and it sends me to an "Upstart" site.

Do you have anything on them?

Since this is a CNBC story we KNOW it is NOT biased in ANY way.

Old 05-04-2015, 06:52 AM

Quote:
First of all rivers naturally flow into the ocean, a series of dams was put in place decades ago to divert water to farmers, with the expansion of farms they wanted more. Yes the core of the issue is the smelt and other wildlife that are at the bottom of the food chain.
Correct. A small fish is MORE important then water for farming which feeds people.

Old 05-04-2015, 06:59 AM

1,529 posts, read 1,725,093 times
When I become supreme leader of the United States, I'm going to outlaw anybody who lives in a "desert" from having a lawn. Anyone who currently has a lawn will be forbidden from watering it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies