Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 06:31 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Since you CARE so much, what are you gonna do about it?

Right. NOTHING...just like I thought.
What's wrong dd? Did hit a nerve?

WE already know you don't care...as long as it does not bother you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2015, 06:31 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Again...terrorism is effective because it spreads terror. THAT IS THE POINT of it. Trying to conflate it to DV is foolish. trying to conflate it with victim blaming is foolish. If you want to reduce terrorism make it less effective....by not helping spread unreasonable fear.

We have more to fear from falling in the tub.
The tub is an inanimate object, and even so - I'd encourage people, especially those with mobility issues, to be careful getting in and out of the tub. This isn't fear mongering - it's realistic thinking.

I get what you're saying, but I disagree with your twist on it. Yes, terrorists spread terror. But they also spread severed limbs, disconnected heads, burned bodies, etc. But their goal is not terror - their goal is (fill in the blank). In other words, their CAUSE, what causes them to perpetrate acts of violence, is the root, not the terror that their acts may inspire.

Sure, they probably get some jollies out of alarming people. But their goal isn't simply alarming people. IF so, they'd just jump out and yell, "BOO!" at random strangers.

Old 05-06-2015, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
The entire POINT of terrorism is to spread terror. drunk drivers, idiots texting, etc aren't about that.

Thats why I say-dont do their job for them
Then WHY all the programs to make sue people know about drunk drivers and people who text?

By that logic, we should stop talking about everything and everything will therefore go away...

It's about letting others know that "something maybe happening." Just like Texting while driving....you should be on the look out or pay more attention while you are driving...

Old 05-06-2015, 06:39 PM

The gist of this thread is...... don't talk about those killing people and they will go away...

Old 05-06-2015, 06:41 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,832,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
ISIS POSTS WARNING: “We Have 71 Trained Soldiers in 15 States†– NAMES 5 TARGETS | The Gateway Pundit

While they certainly could be lying I don't believe they are. I do believe they have factions here in the states and I believe you are going to start seeing more and more attacks on our soil. It's going to get very interesting to watch the deniers and those who want to see radical Muslim's wiped from the face of the earth.

I wonder the tune the deniers will sing when or if someone or something close to them is blown up, destroyed or killed.

With Osama's military drilling in our cities and towns along with arming every government agency that carries gun with billions of rounds of ammo it's going to get very interesting.

Attacks on our soil are the perfect scenario's to grab control..

I think I'll buy some popcorn, sit back in the cabin and watch.

With that in mind let's remember they are "The JV Team"
First Team aired on 9/11/2001 We have never had any as capable act against us on our soil since.

Old 05-06-2015, 06:55 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Then WHY all the programs to make sue people know about drunk drivers and people who text?

By that logic, we should stop talking about everything and everything will therefore go away...

It's about letting others know that "something maybe happening." Just like Texting while driving....you should be on the look out or pay more attention while you are driving...
As I have said, discussions about how to resolve it are fine. "Those people are bad, lets go kill them".

But people blow their impact all out of proportion, and then link to their press releases....I object to that.

Keep some perspective people!

Old 05-06-2015, 07:06 PM

57,227 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:

Brining safety issues to the public is one thing where people can change their habits, what action do you take because you suspect there are ISIS members in your neighborhood.

Old 05-06-2015, 07:18 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,746,538 times
I, for one, think ISIS is going to strike the U.S. hard, because after-all, that is the "icing on the cake" to them, to hurt the U.S and for those who think otherwise....... is to ISIS's advantage.

Let's see what happens but I hope we are prepared...

Old 05-06-2015, 07:30 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
The gist of this thread is...... don't talk about those killing people and they will go away...
Seeing as how you care so much...and you're admonishing everyone on the need to "talk" about it...what do you plan to do about the problem. It's been talked about ad infinitum. Folks are blue in the face from discussing it. Go look in the mirror. I don't need to because I can't turn blue.

So DO SOMETHING if you care.

Old 05-06-2015, 08:31 PM

8 posts, read 7,415 times
I personally think our own government funds ISIS just to motivate people to feed the military contract hogs. After all, we know plenty of politicians who think it's better to give the wealthy welfare than people who actually need OT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies