Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2015, 12:23 PM

31,006 posts, read 22,045,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio1803 View Post
Don't you mean for the first WTC bombing by Ramzi Yusef in 1993, not 1996.
1993 World Trade Center bombing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Jihad is continuing to grow, largely motivated to attack the U.S. due to U.S. foreign policy in the Middle East.
Some of it is motivated by us, but Radical Islam is, and has been, at war within itself and with everyone else it comes into contact with for 1400 years. we could pull out of the middle east and all of the other conflicts would continue on unabated.

Who are they currently in conflict with:

Shia vs Sunni compounded by ISIS and Alqueda fighting for dominance
Radical Islam vs Kurds and Yazidis
Radical Islam Vs. Hindu
Radical Islam vs Buddhist
Radical Islam vs Christian
Radical Islam vs Jews
Radical Islam vs Russia
Radical Islam vs Chinese
Radical Islam vs European
Radical Islam vs America
Radical Islam vs Australia
Radical Islam vs the Philippines
Radical Islam vs African Christians and indigenous tribes

And many more
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2015, 03:23 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I HAVE DONE SOMTHING dd...what have you done? I know I know...your going to tell me I was not in the Army and I had not fought ISIS/blah blah blah....your normal spew of words...

Make people more aware that their is a problem.. of course we know you don't care...you've said that many times.

But, just as with lefties, you would rather deal with the problem after the fact than try and confront the attack, cause you know it will go away, if you just stop talking about it.

I know you were in the Army. I respect that.

But sadly, what you guys were sent to do is what caused this problem in the first place.

That said, it's not your fault.

Old 05-07-2015, 03:25 PM

46,261 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I know you were in the Army. I respect that.

But sadly, what you guys were sent to do is what caused this principle in the first place.

That said, it's not your fault.
Rep sent!

Old 05-07-2015, 05:53 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,261,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
The only statement from the white house that I know of was a very short statement by a spokesperson a few days ago.

I just thought it was odd since Obama is not at all camera shy and often makes statements in person within a day or two of newsworthy events. I haven't seen or heard him personally address this terrorist attack on US soil. Have I missed something?

He immediately made personal statements about, for instance, the riots in Baltimore and the crash of the GermanWings airplane. And the events in Garland weren't just some random shooting - this was a terrorist attack, albeit an unsuccessful one (and you'd think, as President of the United States, that would make him rather proud), perpetrated by a man who was on the FBI watchlist as well as being convicted a few years ago of terrorist related activities. Seems pretty pertinent to me, from a national security perspective.
In view of everything going on last week - perhaps TeamObama thought it was just not Politically Correct to be praising ANY Police Officer ...... even one who stopped a Terrorist Attack that the FBI said was NOT going to happen. Best to just pretend it didn't happen.

Everyone should have noticed by now that the almost 1 Million Intelligence personnel in the USA who belong to 17 different Intelligence Organizations (that make up the "Intelligence Community") are not exactly "on the ball". They missed Nidal Hasan @Ft Hood, the missed the Undie Bomber over Detroit, they missed the Times Square Bomber, the Arkansas Recriting Center Bomber, the Naval Yard Bomber, the Boston Marathon Bomber, the entire "Arab Spring" and ..... the formation of ISIS, the latest is the planned Terror attack in Garland. Their Record is Abysmal. They managed to spy/tap communications of Fox News Reporter, James Rosen, the entire Office of the Associated Press and the conference rooms of the US Congress ...... Terrorists? Not so Much

The FBI is now is "clean up mode" and claiming they "knew" something was up, they were "tracking these guys" AND that they sent a bulletin to Garland Police 3 hours before the event ..... which absolutely no one can verify and Garland says they didn't get it.

This is what Garland DID get 4 days before the event sent by FBI/Homeland Security.

Muhammad Art Exhibit and Contest in Texas on May 3
FBI/DHS assessment of Muhammad Cartoon Contest concludes terror threat to event "unlikely"

The good news is that Local Police did their job and averted the attack .... just as the Dutch passenger on the Detroit flight stopped the Undie Bomber, just as the man on the street in Times Square spotted the Bomb filled SUV.

The Reality is that the most dangerous places in the USA for mass Terror Attacks are US Military Complexes like Fort Hood and the US Navy Yard .....they are pretty much "gun free" and easy targets, it took Police in both cases to bring down the Terrorists.

Old 05-07-2015, 07:27 PM

7,498 posts, read 5,745,535 times
FBI director says Islamic State influence growing in U.S.

While our President is incapable of telling Americans the truth there are a few people left that are.

Old 05-07-2015, 07:38 PM

595 posts, read 368,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Some of it is motivated by us, but Radical Islam is, and has been, at war within itself and with everyone else it comes into contact with for 1400 years. we could pull out of the middle east and all of the other conflicts would continue on unabated.

Who are they currently in conflict with:

Shia vs Sunni compounded by ISIS and Alqueda fighting for dominance
Radical Islam vs Kurds and Yazidis
Radical Islam Vs. Hindu
Radical Islam vs Buddhist
Radical Islam vs Christian
Radical Islam vs Jews
Radical Islam vs Russia
Radical Islam vs Chinese
Radical Islam vs European
Radical Islam vs America
Radical Islam vs Australia
Radical Islam vs the Philippines
Radical Islam vs African Christians and indigenous tribes

And many more
Yes, lets pull out of intervening needlessly and disastrously over in the Middle East. Let them fight each other.

Old 05-07-2015, 07:56 PM

57,233 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Wow, 71 that is almost 2 per state.

Old 05-07-2015, 08:06 PM

39,861 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio1803 View Post
Yes, lets pull out of intervening needlessly and disastrously over in the Middle East. Let them fight each other.
Agreed. Nothing in the ME is worth the life of another American serviceman.

Old 05-08-2015, 12:36 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,854,528 times
Looks like a questionable source. I certainly have no value in anything ISIS says. They are a pathetic excuse for a movement. #embarassmenttomuslims

Old 05-08-2015, 12:58 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,016,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Wow, 71 that is almost 2 per state.
That certainly justifies the cost of our "war on terror"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies