Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 09:31 AM

39,003 posts, read 50,987,327 times

Advertisements

You don't think maybe he should run for Congress, mayor, school board first before the most responsible elective position on earth? What in heaven's name qualifies Carson to be President? He has some rhetoric you like? You can't be serious. There are a couple of right wing candidates that talk just like him but bring some expertise to the table. Get behind one of them.

Old 05-06-2015, 09:33 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,769,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Then you must have been terrified when Obummer was elected but I doubt that stopped you from pulling the lever.
First of all, I don't use derogative names for politicians I don't like. I think that speaks to a level of maturity you evidently don't possess.

Secondly, President Obama was not my first choice from the candidates seeking the Democratic nomination. I seriously entertained voting for McCain in 2008, until he selected Sarah Palin as his running mate.

Thirdly, Obama's time as an Illinois legislator, and as a federal legislator, is EXPERIENCE. While it wasn't as extensive as Senator McCain's experience, it was experience. Which Dr Carson does not possess.

And finally, your use of the word "terrified" is a failed attempt to depict me as some sort of emotional basket-case. I'm not "terrified" about any candidates getting elected. I expressed my disagreement with Dr Carson and his social and economic views. Which was the topic of this thread, and did not denote any "fear" at all.

Old 05-06-2015, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Good job showing your staggering lack of ignorance about his Directors and Leadership positions at his former employers.

Or maybe you were aware of them and are just as ignorant as to how that experience would translate to POTUS.

Or maybe your a racist, I mean he is black so that must be a factor, right?
I disagree with you about how Dr Carson's experience would translate to POTUS.

I don't think he's a good candidate.

Old 05-06-2015, 09:36 AM

29,977 posts, read 18,545,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
No. I don't like what he has to say. He may be a very intelligent man. But his words amply demonstrate a world of ignorance. Each of us has our areas of expertise, and our areas of ignorance. Carson's expertise in the surgical suite is very impressive. But his comments on our society are not impressive. And our political leaders have to be experts in the social sphere, not in the medical sphere.

......... and Obama had experience and intelligence?

Did you vote for Obama?

Old 05-06-2015, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

Did you vote for Obama?
Yes and yes.

Old 05-06-2015, 09:46 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,563,976 times
Quote:

Did you vote for Obama?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Yes and yes.
Perfect example of the Democrat mindset.

Old 05-06-2015, 09:56 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,765,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
When Carson compared the ACA to slavery well...who can take him seriously after that?
I agree with this. I like Dr. Carson on a personal level but I don't take him serious politically and that mostly has to do with the comment he made above about ACA/Obamacare being worse than slavery.

Quote:
Does he possess the intelligence to do the job? Absolutely.

Is he electable? No

He would make a great Secretary of Health and Human Services.

He and his family are also an outstanding role models for America.
but I do agree with this. He is intelligent but not electable. I think he could serve the country better and get his feet wet in politics in a more suitable way than jumping into presidential politics. As it stands right now, I would not vote for him and I'm an independent in Ohio so my vote truly matters lol. I think he is too far right on many of his views.

Quote:

Did you vote for Obama?
Obama had more experience in politics than Carson. People on the right like to claim inexperience for Obama but he had at least held elected offices in Illinois and the senate in DC prior to becoming president so he was experienced in the inner workings of public office.

I get people didn't like that he didn't have "executive experience" but Carson has no political experience at all so a comparison to Obama is not one that can be made.

I voted for Obama twice and don't think he's a horrible president and honestly don't get why people on the right despise and hate him so much. He has been involved the least of all presidents in my life time in political scandals. He has been commander in chief during a period of extreme economic growth, also contrary to what many conservatives believe. Our country is very well placed economically compared to the rest of the industrialized world so again, I just don't get it. Do I agree with him on everything or like everything he does...heck no! But to say he is the worse president ever or deny that our economy has rebounded since the recession/depression of 2007-2010 is pretty silly IMO.

Old 05-06-2015, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Perfect example of the Democrat mindset.
Honesty?

Old 05-06-2015, 09:59 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,589,641 times
One issue voters! Think.

Old 05-06-2015, 10:02 AM

28,888 posts, read 30,136,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficCory View Post
You're trying to be reasonable about an unreasonable bunch (everyone else). I'm glad you found someone to support and hope that maybe you can get involved in his campaign.

I'm done with all of it and all of them.
thank you for the vote of confidence....however, I haven't found anyone to vote for, I'm simply looking at this man right now as a candidate, nothing more....the thing with me, is, I'm so tired of being lied to....and every election, they pretty much put in who they like...(a puppet) I am a conservative....yet, I was so hungry for changed that I voted for Obama....this time, I may not vote...b/c I feel as you do, but that doesn't say, I'm not going to sit back, and watch, and do my research....so I don't know....

What I do know is, the perfect candidate doesn't exist, we will never agree on all issues...but so far, I do like what he says....again....time will tell, but I'm going to watch these candidates like a hawk...

will I vote, not if I'm not happy with anyone, no....

tell you something else, when Obama was running his second term, it was reported that 3 districts around Philly, had not one vote for a republican....that really pissed me off, don't know if it was true, but it was in fact reported?

And in this world today, I wouldn't trust to many politicians....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies